Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

SNF - Steelers vs. Bengals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hokie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
So Dalton sucked tonight...

That's three weeks in a row he's sucked now. I don't know if it's him at this point, the other receivers outside of Green, or the play-calling. Probably a combination of all three.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hokie wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:
What a pathetic display from the offense.

Dline is solid, Burfict is the only LB we have worth a damn, secondary is swiss cheese, running backs are vanilla, we have a bunch of #3 WR's, but no #2, the Kyle Cook injury hurt us bad.

Well-said. I'd throw in the Howard injury hurting the team as well. It's keeping Maualuga in the game.

Let's not kid ourselves... this is a bad football team.

Manny Lawson is a ghost. So glad we didn't give him a long term deal, which I wanted to happen.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hokie wrote:
I can't get over how poor the play-calling has been tonight. So unimaginative. So predictable.

Standing by what I said last week. We're a 6-10 team. Green is great. D-line isn't bad. That's about all this team has going for it.

No, just a great game plan from Lebeau. Fake walk the safety over the top of AJ taking him away and then come back inside.

We just need better TE play, (where's Charles tonight); and one of these guys take the #2 WR spot. It looks like Jones to me, he just needs to own it.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
So Dalton sucked tonight...

Honestly.....no. They were double and triple teaming AJ all night and no one else picked up the slack. Dropped balls, no run game after the first quarter. There really wasn't much more he could have done except maybe tried to have foreced it to AJ more.

Agree.

Kyle Cook is a huge loss. Looks like Robinson just doesn't have it yet, Hampton has him lined up as his next snack. No interior push to match Zeitler & Smith on the right. Whitworth did his usual great job on Harrison.

Ben looked so confident on 3rd down, we looked awful; Gresham has just failed to develop into that killer TE we hoped he would be; he looks a little injured to me.
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what was worse on offense: the fact that the Bengals ran the ball on every first down in the second half (way to mix it up there!) or never taking a shot downfield. I swear the safeties were 10 yards off the LOS by the end of the game because they didn't have to worry about a ball going over their head.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
Not sure what was worse on offense: the fact that the Bengals ran the ball on every first down in the second half (way to mix it up there!) or never taking a shot downfield. I swear the safeties were 10 yards off the LOS by the end of the game because they didn't have to worry about a ball going over their head.

Actually, Clark was in a cover 1 and was at least 20+ yards off the LOS the whole second half.
Hokie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
Hokie wrote:
I can't get over how poor the play-calling has been tonight. So unimaginative. So predictable.

Standing by what I said last week. We're a 6-10 team. Green is great. D-line isn't bad. That's about all this team has going for it.

No, just a great game plan from Lebeau. Fake walk the safety over the top of AJ taking him away and then come back inside.

We just need better TE play, (where's Charles tonight); and one of these guys take the #2 WR spot. It looks like Jones to me, he just needs to own it.

Nothing personal, but this sounds like excuses to me. A great game plan took the offense completely out of the game in the 2nd half? Why no adjustments from our end? And what did LeBeau have to do with run 1st down, run 2nd down, pass 3rd when they were down seven with four minutes left on there own 10 yard line?? That was a pathetically bad series.

They only threw two passes beyond twenty yards all night. I don't see how that can be attributed to the genius of LeBeau. You have to take some shots sometime.

The offense needs a lot more than just better TE play, IMO.
Hokie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Reedy telling it like it is...

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2012/10/22/fifth-quarter-reviewing-the-24-17-loss-to-the-steelers/
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hokie wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
Hokie wrote:

Nothing personal, but this sounds like excuses to me. A great game plan took the offense completely out of the game in the 2nd half? Why no adjustments from our end? And what did LeBeau have to do with run 1st down, run 2nd down, pass 3rd when they were down seven with four minutes left on there own 10 yard line?? That was a pathetically bad series.

They only threw two passes beyond twenty yards all night. I don't see how that can be attributed to the genius of LeBeau. You have to take some shots sometime.

The offense needs a lot more than just better TE play, IMO.

No offence taken man, its good to talk.

They're not excuses, they're reasons. Steelers gameplan paragraph #1 was to take AJ away. They caught a break with the pre-game injury to Marvin Jones, who Gruden said is now our #2 guy opposite Green. Gresham was awful again missing a couple of 3rdD grabs.

I agree, our gameplan was so predictable again; there is a thin line between stubborness and stupidity. Even Al Michaels up in the booth knew we were gonna run it on 1st down.

LeBeaus' plan worked, ours didn't; we are terrible at adjusting. The key stat was 3rd down, they converted, we didn't.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: