Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 8 GDT - Giants @ Cowboys - Eli's Revenge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reckless123

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys we are in familiar territory. We're always 6-2 or 7-2 then we just scupper. Tuck shares the same concerns and i cant blame him.

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Holy violations of the rules batman, yikes.

Anyways, question. And it's okay to say No.

Here is the situation. Do you guys remember FFMD? Well the Cowboys and Falcons kinda got into a big fight. Started the whole Sith vs Jedi conflict.

Anyways, the 'boys are going to see if we can start a Sig Bet. Now, my commitment to you guys is 10 days. But I would also like to join that sig bet. So here is my question, would you guys be okay if - say Dallas loses - I honor their sig bet (a full seven Days would have elapsed) and then at the end of that week, I re-add your sig for say double whatever days I missed?

So. If I missed the last three, I am on the hook for 6 days. If I missed one, I need to do two. Etc.

OR would you prefer I finish off our deal without any breaks.

It's okay to say no. Just wanted to check.

I'm tempted to say if you want out of the sig bet early then you wear your current sig if Dallas wins. If Dallas loses you wear the "Hey we lost to Atlanta" sig. Frankly I want Dallas to win that game Razz

Well, I never said I wanted out of the sig bet. I asked if I could postpone and add days at the end if need be. So still honoring and keeping my commitment.

Figured it would be a no. No biggie.

Well you want to take the current sig off early if Dallas loses right?

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Here is the situation. Do you guys remember FFMD? Well the Cowboys and Falcons kinda got into a big fight. Started the whole Sith vs Jedi conflict.

Anyways, the 'boys are going to see if we can start a Sig Bet. Now, my commitment to you guys is 10 days. But I would also like to join that sig bet. So here is my question, would you guys be okay if - say Dallas loses - I honor their sig bet (a full seven Days would have elapsed) and then at the end of that week, I re-add your sig for say double whatever days I missed?

So. If I missed the last three, I am on the hook for 6 days. If I missed one, I need to do two. Etc.

I'm tempted to say if you want out of the sig bet early then you wear your current sig if Dallas wins. If Dallas loses you wear the "Hey we lost to Atlanta" sig. Frankly I want Dallas to win that game Razz

Well, I never said I wanted out of the sig bet. I asked if I could postpone and add days at the end if need be. So still honoring and keeping my commitment.

To put it back on after the ATL sig bet was done - and for every day missed I would have doubled the time.

It's fine. I really don't care. It's a sig. We have a fun history with the Falcons - so it would have been amusing.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
GmenSeattle wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

To put it back on after the ATL sig bet was done - and for every day missed I would have doubled the time.

It's fine. I really don't care. It's a sig. We have a fun history with the Falcons - so it would have been amusing.

Ah that's fine by me then. I misread your original request. Smile

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear, the standards of Mods these days - as soon as I stepped down everything went down hill. Laughing

In Redball I Trust!
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
I swear, the standards of Mods these days - as soon as I stepped down everything went down hill. Laughing

Psh, you wear a sig that talks smack about the Cowboys for as long as we agreed or longer than we agreed...not sure how that's a problem Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read prior to the game Michael Irvin predicted Eli would be sacked 4 times, and have 3 INTs. Didn't really upset me, but I find it amusing that Romo was sacked 4 times and had 4 INTs. Irvin is like Nostradamus, flipped upside down. Laughing

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
GEE MEN

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In watching the Cowboys game again I realized how valuable Canty is to our DLINE. Dude is a beast and as the season continues and hopefully we get healthy (Quan Williams, KP, Rocky and Chase) we will be prime to make another run. I also realized how valuable Quan is our D. Q has a better shot at defending the Jason Witten types which can be a game changer down the road. I also realized come 4th QTR how in charge Eli is. Dude is a boss with crunch time. In that 4th QTR Eli was making perfect throws to lead us back to another comeback.

Good read on Eli (written before the game). Appreciate this HOF QB. The don't come around often.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/myers-original-captain-comeback-sees-genius-eli-article-1.1193847

I also realized how much I hate our zone defense. Play bump and run/man under cover 2

I am hopeful Brown starts or sees 50/50 split. I love AB's heart but his vision is just not that good and has never been. Also hope Randle is our 3rd kicking Cruz to the slot.

Edit: What I also confirmed was how the Cowboys DBs were mugging our WRs out there blatant holding beyond 5 yards, grabbing etc and no calls just like in the first game.
Ice_Dude_2008

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GEE MEN wrote:
In watching the Cowboys game again I realized how valuable Canty is to our DLINE. Dude is a beast and as the season continues and hopefully we get healthy (Quan Williams, KP, Rocky and Chase) we will be prime to make another run. I also realized how valuable Quan is our D. Q has a better shot at defending the Jason Witten types which can be a game changer down the road. I also realized come 4th QTR how in charge Eli is. Dude is a boss with crunch time. In that 4th QTR Eli was making perfect throws to lead us back to another comeback.

Good read on Eli (written before the game). Appreciate this HOF QB. The don't come around often.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/myers-original-captain-comeback-sees-genius-eli-article-1.1193847

I also realized how much I hate our zone defense. Play bump and run/man under cover 2

I am hopeful Brown starts or sees 50/50 split. I love AB's heart but his vision is just not that good and has never been. Also hope Randle is our 3rd kicking Cruz to the slot.

Edit: What I also confirmed was how the Cowboys DBs were mugging our WRs out there blatant holding beyond 5 yards, grabbing etc and no calls just like in the first game.

They dropped some easy catches too. It was pretty bad.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GEE MEN wrote:

Agree with pretty much everything you said. I'd like to add that Stevie Brown had some fault in the coverage of Witten early too from what I remember.

^Stone85 on the sig^
acowboys62

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very late to getting the sig due to the hurricane. Great games guys. I will rock the sig for a couple extra days since I missed M/Tu/We for the most part.
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can take your smelly sig back now!

In Redball I Trust!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24
Page 24 of 24

Jump to: