Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 8: Seattle Seahawks @ Detroit Lions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Tooki


Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Posts: 10744
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plush wrote:
-Russell continues to play well.

-Other parts of the team are falling apart.

I honestly don't think we are THAT much of a better team than last year, we're just healthier and have better QB play. Changes still need to be made

We've proven we can play with any team In the league guys, and we need to understand that this still a young progressing team. This is still a solid 4-4 team

That said, pathetic finish for this defense. There's no way this is the best secondary in the nfl IMO. They lost it for us


I am willing to cut the secondary some slack because Sherm was beat when he was in a soft zone coverage.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheoryofSeahawk


Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 1938
Location: Kosmic Satori
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don't know about all of you, but I'm a San Francisco Giants fan, so I just got my revenge on Detroit. 2nd World Series title in 3 years. Sweep 'em out in 4 with Stafford in the stands Laughing It's the only solace I can take. Don't judge.

As far as the secondary goes, I think talent wise, we can hang with anyone in the league, except for our nickel package. Trufant can't cover a statue at this point. The young guys still have to develop, but I think the biggest problem right now is the schemes and playcalling are so basic and predictable. The NFL is the pinnacle of football coaching. The coordinators throughout the league are some of the brightest minds in football and they work 14-16 hour days to analyze film and find patterns and weaknesses in the opposition. Right now, Gus Bradley seems to be stuck in a pattern of schemes that every offensive coordinator in the league has a blueprint for beating. He had better figure out what adjustments to make real soon or this defense is going to get shredded and the season will be over in a quick minute.
_________________
Consistent application beats complex programming.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Those were my thoughts on the play. If you're going up against Calvin, then yeah, I understand playing the fade. But against Titus Young Browner should have forced him outside. He's got 6" on Titus, make him beat you on a jump ball.


At the very least communicate to the SAM that you're taking the outside so KJ immediately comes to the inside and knocks that down. For all I know he did, and it was actually a failed assignment by KJ.


Also, I wouldn't knock the secondary really at all as odd as that sounds. Most of those completions were to TEs in the middle of the field and RBs out of the backfield. Our LBs are absolutely ABYSMAL at identifying pass plays in the middle of the field and it's costing us. Furthermore, I'd wager that the majority of our sacks this year are coverage sacks.

The real issue is this defensive line. The difference between us and teams like the Bears, 49ers, Giants, and Cardinals is those teams can get pressure on the QB with a base rush. We cannot do that at all. We suck rushing the QB out of our base defense. I know some of you view me as the ultimate pessimist/bipolar, but I'm at the point where I think Red Bryant is holding this team back and I wish we had let him walk. What has he done this year? What impact as he made? His job really isn't that hard as a 5-tech with 4 down linemen. He's got it pretty easy. You put Scruggs in that spot and you might lose a little run defense but you're gaining a lot as far as pass rush is concerned. Same with Jason Jones. We need a new LDE.
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21470
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Those were my thoughts on the play. If you're going up against Calvin, then yeah, I understand playing the fade. But against Titus Young Browner should have forced him outside. He's got 6" on Titus, make him beat you on a jump ball.


At the very least communicate to the SAM that you're taking the outside so KJ immediately comes to the inside and knocks that down. For all I know he did, and it was actually a failed assignment by KJ.


Also, I wouldn't knock the secondary really at all as odd as that sounds. Most of those completions were to TEs in the middle of the field and RBs out of the backfield. Our LBs are absolutely ABYSMAL at identifying pass plays in the middle of the field and it's costing us. Furthermore, I'd wager that the majority of our sacks this year are coverage sacks.

The real issue is this defensive line. The difference between us and teams like the Bears, 49ers, Giants, and Cardinals is those teams can get pressure on the QB with a base rush. We cannot do that at all. We suck rushing the QB out of our base defense. I know some of you view me as the ultimate pessimist/bipolar, but I'm at the point where I think Red Bryant is holding this team back and I wish we had let him walk. What has he done this year? What impact as he made? His job really isn't that hard as a 5-tech with 4 down linemen. He's got it pretty easy. You put Scruggs in that spot and you might lose a little run defense but you're gaining a lot as far as pass rush is concerned. Same with Jason Jones. We need a new LDE.
I think the TD to Titus is all on Browner.

The one to Broyles was definitely a failed assignment by KJ in my opinion.

Wagner is the only starting LB even decent in coverage. Leroy isn't quick enough anymore and KJ just is poor at it.
_________________
<Ram
BlaqOptic wrote:
...13 Seahawks one spot over the 08 Steelers

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21470
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
OH MY GOD ZACH MILLER MAKES A PLAY!
good thing he's a good receiving threat Wink


Lulz, first TD as a Seahawk.
Like that's his fault.... Laughing
_________________
<Ram
BlaqOptic wrote:
...13 Seahawks one spot over the 08 Steelers

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
OH MY GOD ZACH MILLER MAKES A PLAY!
good thing he's a good receiving threat Wink


Lulz, first TD as a Seahawk.
Like that's his fault.... Laughing


Entirely? No. Partly? Absolutely...
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
TheoryofSeahawk


Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 1938
Location: Kosmic Satori
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Those were my thoughts on the play. If you're going up against Calvin, then yeah, I understand playing the fade. But against Titus Young Browner should have forced him outside. He's got 6" on Titus, make him beat you on a jump ball.


At the very least communicate to the SAM that you're taking the outside so KJ immediately comes to the inside and knocks that down. For all I know he did, and it was actually a failed assignment by KJ.


Also, I wouldn't knock the secondary really at all as odd as that sounds. Most of those completions were to TEs in the middle of the field and RBs out of the backfield. Our LBs are absolutely ABYSMAL at identifying pass plays in the middle of the field and it's costing us. Furthermore, I'd wager that the majority of our sacks this year are coverage sacks.

The real issue is this defensive line. The difference between us and teams like the Bears, 49ers, Giants, and Cardinals is those teams can get pressure on the QB with a base rush. We cannot do that at all. We suck rushing the QB out of our base defense. I know some of you view me as the ultimate pessimist/bipolar, but I'm at the point where I think Red Bryant is holding this team back and I wish we had let him walk. What has he done this year? What impact as he made? His job really isn't that hard as a 5-tech with 4 down linemen. He's got it pretty easy. You put Scruggs in that spot and you might lose a little run defense but you're gaining a lot as far as pass rush is concerned. Same with Jason Jones. We need a new LDE.


I agree that Red is holding this D-line back because he offers absolutely no pass rush. Other teams have figured this out and know they know that they have one less lineman to worry about double teaming. He is a big help against the run, but most teams have started abandoning the run early in favor of the quick pass game which neutralizes Red because he can't rush the passer and he can't get back into coverage or trail a play and make anything happen. Now that the league is starting to adjust to the scheme we run up front, what is the coaching staff going to do about it?
_________________
Consistent application beats complex programming.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete will likely continue to be arrogant and won't admit that he was wrong. We're basically playing 10 vs 11 when Red is in the game. He offers nothing against the pass and teams can easily avoid him in the run game. I can't think of one impact play he's made all year. How is our defense expected to stop anyone when we're essentially playing with 3 down linemen and 3 LBs?
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
TheoryofSeahawk


Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 1938
Location: Kosmic Satori
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Pete will likely continue to be arrogant and won't admit that he was wrong. We're basically playing 10 vs 11 when Red is in the game. He offers nothing against the pass and teams can easily avoid him in the run game. I can't think of one impact play he's made all year. How is our defense expected to stop anyone when we're essentially playing with 3 down linemen and 3 LBs?


I'm hoping against that, but I could easily see that happening. He's basically allowed Gus to continue calling the same game defensively week after week even when it's painfully obvious that the schemes have been figured out and are no longer working like they used to. Maybe this is a new 1-3-3-4 scheme. Red stands off on the left side of the D and just roars as the rest of the D works to stop the play? Rolling Eyes
_________________
Consistent application beats complex programming.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are lucky. After you play the Vikings, you have two bye weeks in a row. Laughing Crying or Very sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheoryofSeahawk


Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 1938
Location: Kosmic Satori
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
You guys are lucky. After you play the Vikings, you have two bye weeks in a row. Laughing Crying or Very sad


Ya, but our intermediate pass D is so bad right now that I'm worried the bye week will throw for 400 yards on us. Laughing Laughing Sad Sad Sad
_________________
Consistent application beats complex programming.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheoryofSeahawk wrote:
green24 wrote:
You guys are lucky. After you play the Vikings, you have two bye weeks in a row. Laughing Crying or Very sad


Ya, but our intermediate pass D is so bad right now that I'm worried the bye week will throw for 400 yards on us. Laughing Laughing Sad Sad Sad


The bye week is better than Mark Sanchez.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheoryofSeahawk


Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 1938
Location: Kosmic Satori
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
TheoryofSeahawk wrote:
green24 wrote:
You guys are lucky. After you play the Vikings, you have two bye weeks in a row. Laughing Crying or Very sad


Ya, but our intermediate pass D is so bad right now that I'm worried the bye week will throw for 400 yards on us. Laughing Laughing Sad Sad Sad


The bye week is better than Mark Sanchez.


I don't know, we might be able to pull off a little magic and turn Sanchez into Tom Brady for a game. No guarantee on the long term effects of that illusion, tho.
_________________
Consistent application beats complex programming.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
outside_Insider


Joined: 29 Jan 2012
Posts: 1218
Location: Calgary, AB
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at you guys. A loss to a good team who just so happens to have put everything together for one game on offense at home and we suck somehow...

Wrong, we just got through the most murderous part of our schedule and we will go either 7-1 or 6-2 in our final 8. That will put us at 10-6 at worst. We may not win the Superbowl but this team is going to be VERY difficult to make next year, and better yet, we have our QBOTF. Wilson was pinpoint yesterday...and that doesn't happy very often for a rookie. He is poised, accurate and there is no throw he cannot make. He put our team in a position to win and our D let him down.

In my opinion yesterday was not an issues of anyone letting this team downy except the coaching staff. PC and Gus failed to make adjustments the entire game. I thought that DET was going to come back and win because..well..we hadn't shown we could really stop them from moving the ball. Other coaching staffs seem to be one step ahead of our game planning every week.

WIth all this being said...just relax. There is no other team in the league I would rather have when you consider the next 10 years in the league, and that's the honest truth. We're going to improve...look at the leaps Wilson and the offense have already made? Can you imagine what another offseason FA and draft will do for us? This will will not digress year to year...ever. There is no game left on this schedule that we cannot or should not win. Even @ chicago, I think we are going to pull that one off. We're going to make the playoffs.. and probably lose in the first round..but that's okay. If your expectations were to win a SB this year... I think that was a little premature. If you would have told me we would make the playoffs and find our MLB and QBOFT this year, I would have told you that I thought it was a very successful future.

Here's where we need to upgrade in the off season:
-Pass rush (1st round)
-Nickel corner (2nd round)
-WR (UFA or trade) Wallace, DeSean, Bowe
_________________


"We all we got, we all we need"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheOsprey


Joined: 27 Aug 2009
Posts: 8083
Location: In a van, down by the river.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Pete will likely continue to be arrogant and won't admit that he was wrong. We're basically playing 10 vs 11 when Red is in the game. He offers nothing against the pass and teams can easily avoid him in the run game. I can't think of one impact play he's made all year. How is our defense expected to stop anyone when we're essentially playing with 3 down linemen and 3 LBs?



I totally agree. While I love Bryant against the run, he does absolutely nothing in pass rush. If Pete isn't gonna change, and continues to run the 4-3 Under scheme, then we need a 5 Technique who can get to the QB like Chris Jones or Datone Jones. If Bryant was traded, I bet we could actually get something decent for him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 33 of 35

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group