Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 8: Seattle Seahawks @ Detroit Lions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Tooki wrote:
If it's a situation where Pete tells Gus that he wants this lineup, and Gus picks the play, it's on Gus.

And yes Pete is an arrogant bastard.

Pete is a defensive guy so you know he has a lot of say in that. I bet he tells Gus pretty much exactly what he wants to do in specific situations and how often to blitz. Bradley picks plays from there. That's on Pete.
I don't know, I really don't. I'd like to get a definitive answer on how much each guy is involved.

I remember two years ago when we had that big dime package with Roy Lewis and Babs as slot CB's and Milloy was at LB with Tatupu. They'd bring pressure from all over. I though Pete was a genius. Than everything since than has impressed me less and less.

It's like he was willing to adjust because there really was no talented pass rush. Now that we have some talented players they refuse to get creative.

That's what I was considering. It isn't like we have had this problems since Day-1 of the Carroll era. Our D sucked in the first year, but there was some creative playcalling to compensate for like

The question is: WHY? Pete seems so fixated on his role players fulfilling that ROLE, instead of playing to their strengths and being creative with that. Where are the plays with Kam playing as a roving LB. We haven't even seen many plays with Earl at the LOS, or any creative CB blitzes.
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same question about the O. We know that Tom Cable calls the run plays, but how much input does he have into the O? Or is it a case of Tom Cable doing Darrell Bevell's job? Or are they sharing the OC responsibility together?
sirensong

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that there are this many questions about the playcalling on both sides of the ball shows you right there where the root of the problem is. Too many hands in the cookie jar...

And our D is far too predictable and conservative, its only as successfull as it is because of the number of pro bowl level players in that group. Put them in a better system or give them better play calling and they could be the best in football.
sp6488

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
bobob123 wrote:
Pete Carroll = Not an NFL Head Coach

Hawks Defense = Gave up 415 yds & 28 points today, which equals to being OVERRATED!!!

This team will finish the season out with 6-7 wins bank on it!!!!!!

I Hate to say it but, we suck, This team looks like a hot steaming pile of dog doodie.... What a joke we have become, 4-4 equals Pete not doing his JOB!, and another 7-9 season will equal Pete being fired...

How many times do we need to be BEAT on 3rd & long for Pete & Gus to stop playing ZONE on 3rd & long?,, GOD!

I can't tell whether you're a troll, a Seahawks hater, or the most pessimistic and delusional / overdramatic fan of any team I've ever come across.

Either way, I don't like you. At all.

If this isn't the pot calling the kettle black... I don't know what is...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Tooki wrote:
If it's a situation where Pete tells Gus that he wants this lineup, and Gus picks the play, it's on Gus.

Pete is a defensive guy so you know he has a lot of say in that. I bet he tells Gus pretty much exactly what he wants to do in specific situations and how often to blitz. Bradley picks plays from there. That's on Pete.
I don't know, I really don't. I'd like to get a definitive answer on how much each guy is involved.

I remember two years ago when we had that big dime package with Roy Lewis and Babs as slot CB's and Milloy was at LB with Tatupu. They'd bring pressure from all over. I though Pete was a genius. Than everything since than has impressed me less and less.

It's like he was willing to adjust because there really was no talented pass rush. Now that we have some talented players they refuse to get creative.

May be due to the fact that Winston Guy has been out essentially all year and that's the guy Pete said he wanted to use in the Lawyer Milloy role.
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Tooki wrote:

May be due to the fact that Winston Guy has been out essentially all year and that's the guy Pete said he wanted to use in the Lawyer Milloy role.

That is an observation that I have noticed. Jeron Johnson isn't a SS in that package and he is the only backup on our roster that can play with the starters. We could use Atari Bigby right now, plus we only have Truf to start in the slot (until Walter Thurmond is ready to go)
imani

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GDT?

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
GDT?

I'll get it up right now. Halloweek has been killing me.
imani

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:
GDT?

You're becoming old on this forum SoS...you've had trouble getting it up all year Laughing

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:
GDT?

You're becoming old on this forum SoS...you've had trouble getting it up all year Laughing

I swear this never happens!
imani

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:
GDT?

is it us? You still like us right?

wwhickok wrote:

TheOsprey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:
GDT?

They have medicine for that now. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35
Page 35 of 35

Jump to: