Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pick 2 players to make the Seahawks Defense ELITE
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Pick 2 players to make the Seahawks Defense ELITE Reply with quote

Pretty simple. What two guys would push us to one of the greatest defensive of all time.

I'm saying JJ Watt and.... Patrick Peterson. Playmaking galore in our secondary.[/b]

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
imani

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Demarcus Ware and Patrick Willis

Linebacker is up and coming on a defense that lacks veteran leadership, and if you add the best MLB in the game with the best pure pass rusher...we become an immovable object

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I think you could make an argument for either or of those two, but not addressing DL is pretty crazy imo. JJ Watt is the best defensive lineman in the NFL right now.

9.5 sacks and 10 PD's through 7 games from a 3-4 End is simply mind blowing. With him on our team, I predict we'd have about 10 more sacks already.

^Rammy

BlaqOptic wrote:
imani

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Interesting. I think you could make an argument for either or of those two, but not addressing DL is pretty crazy imo. JJ Watt is the best defensive lineman in the NFL right now.

9.5 sacks and 10 PD's through 7 games from a 3-4 End is simply mind blowing. With him on our team, I predict we'd have about 10 more sacks already.

Meh, picking an every-down DE removes Bryant from the equation IMO, which would really hurt our Run D. With Ware, you could move him to either side for the rush and plug in your situational players. Watt is a good selection, i just like ware for obvious reasons. Jared Allen or JPP would both be great plug-in's as well.

Willis>>>>Peterson in terms of defensive impact IMO

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why it is a question. JJ Watt would put red inside and make the entire DL elite. Plus stellar depth. With Willis as MLB it would be lights out D. Our D is already elite. We just don't have very many super stars.

Offensively To make our O elite AJ Green WR and Andrew Luck as QB. Although the O isn't even close to being elite those 2 will go extremely far to getting Top level offense
imani

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

red bryant doesn't play well inside

wwhickok wrote:

Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
red bryant doesn't play well inside

Fair enough. What we loose in run D from RED to Watt we more then make up with Patrick Willis over Wagner. Therefore passrush and run defense both increase with this move.
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Bryant could play inside, he would be starting there.

I would add DeMarcus Ware. He is too versatile to not be a factor. SLB/DE/DT. We could rush him from anywhere.

I would also add Haloti Ngata. He will be the UT in our scheme, but he can bring a nasty pass rush and still contribute on nickel downs. He could also fill in at the 5-tech in a dime, as well as NT. Again, he would bring a lot of versatility with Ware and let us plug in our role players when need be.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:

Meh, picking an every-down DE removes Bryant from the equation IMO, which would really hurt our Run D. With Ware, you could move him to either side for the rush and plug in your situational players. Watt is a good selection, i just like ware for obvious reasons. Jared Allen or JPP would both be great plug-in's as well.

Willis>>>>Peterson in terms of defensive impact IMO
You need to get out of your Seattle bubble.

JJ Watt is just as good if not better than Bryant was against the run last year, better than he is this year, and literally 20 times the pass rusher. Literally. A pass rush of...
Clemons - Watt - Jones - Irvin >>> Clemons - McDonald - Jones - Clemons

Peterson is more dynamic than Willis as a playmaker and gives our secondary no flaws to think of. I can understand the vote for a LB.

^Rammy

BlaqOptic wrote:
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ndamukong Suh and J.J. Watt. QB's would just flop to the ground, to keep from getting injured.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is pretty easy for me.

JJ Watt and Von Miller. DeMarcus Ware would be close to irrelevant in our system whereas Miller actually plays the exact position we need. He's a tremendous player in space against the run and can rush the passer with the best of them. Watt would fill in for Red's spot as a player that can not only stop the run, but can also get after the passer from that elephant position which would completely transform our defense.

Patrick Willis doesn't make much sense because our MLB is already playing great football. Wagner is playing like a top 5 MLB in the league right now. Patrick Peterson doesn't make much sense either because you're just adding a great player to what is already the best secondary in the league. If I'm adding players, it's at our two biggest weaknesses, and that's pass rushing Elephant and a pass rushing LB that can still play the run.
chpjns15

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:

JJ Watt and Von Miller. DeMarcus Ware would be close to irrelevant in our system whereas Miller actually plays the exact position we need. He's a tremendous player in space against the run and can rush the passer with the best of them. Watt would fill in for Red's spot as a player that can not only stop the run, but can also get after the passer from that elephant position which would completely transform our defense.

I completely agree. But then again, I already consider our defense elite Very Happy

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:

Patrick Willis doesn't make much sense because our MLB is already playing great football. Wagner is playing like a top 5 MLB in the league right now. Patrick Peterson doesn't make much sense either because you're just adding a great player to what is already the best secondary in the league. If I'm adding players, it's at our two biggest weaknesses, and that's pass rushing Elephant and a pass rushing LB that can still play the run.
Von Miller was the only guy I considered over Peterson. I just came to the conclusion that I thought Peterson would provide more of a benefit every down. Von Miller is a better pass rusher than Irvin, yes. Without a doubt. But Peterson is also better than Browner. Peterson gives us a dynamic CB2 across from Sherman. If you pick the ball, you better be pitching it to Peterson or Earl, because either guy could house it. In a nickel package, I see:

Irvin - Watt - Jones - Clemons
+
Sherm - Peterson -Earl - Kam - Browner

as much better than

Miller - Watt - Jones - Clemons
+
Sherm - Tru - Earl - Kam - Browner

^Rammy

BlaqOptic wrote:
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Von Miller was the only guy I considered over Peterson. I just came to the conclusion that I thought Peterson would provide more of a benefit every down.

I don't really think it's that close. Bringing in Peterson means taking out Browner, who statistically has actually been better than Peterson this season (though I'd rather have Peterson). I don't think replacing a relative strength with a debatable upgrade is a move that pushes this defense over the top. But replacing a guy like Leroy Hill who's skillset is pretty limited to run defense with a guy like Von Miller who can play the run as well as be an elite pass rusher DOES put this defense over the top. Shoot if we could only have 1 of either Watt or Miller we would be unstoppable.
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a nickel package, I see:

Irvin - Watt - Jones - Clemons
+
Sherm - Peterson -Earl - Kam - Browner

as much better than

Miller - Watt - Jones - Clemons
+
Sherm - Tru - Earl - Kam - Browner

^Rammy

BlaqOptic wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: