Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pro Bowl 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Pro Bowl 2012 Reply with quote

JJ89 wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
And Pro Bowl voting has begun! Let's make sure we represent our Seahawks and vote like we've never voted before! Don't be lazy, every vote counts.

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/ballot?campaign=PbBallot_thank_button

We can use this thread to keep track of which players are deserving of going to Hawaii.

As of Week 7:

CB Brandon Browner = also obvious

Hmmm........ You say Browner is an obvious pro bowler, but you insisted that we trade him during our board mock draft. Confused What gives? Laughing

How does his performance in 2012 correlate with a mock draft done in the offseason?

Because he was a Pro Bowler in 2011 and likely a Pro Bowler in 2012. I can't for the life of me, figure out why you would wanna get rid of that. Just as it was back then, it doesn't make sense. I always thought in order to build a winning program, you should keep the good players and ditch the bad players. That's all I'm saying. Very Happy

He didn't deserve the Pro Bowler in 2011, he wasn't even the best corner on his team. He only got it because of his interceptions. He didn't play like a Probowl CB, he got beat fairly often and committed a huge amount of penalties.
This year he have played better, but there is no way Browner makes the Pro Bowl this year with the way Bears corners are playing. Sherman isn't even a Pro Bowl lock, he deserves it, but I'm not sure he makes it.

It's a stretch to use the Pro Bowl to measure Browners play I think, don't get me wrong, Browner is a very good corner, but he isn't playing at Probowl level when you compare him to his competition.

You do know that more than one CB from the NFC goes to the Pro Bowl, don't you? Three go from each conference.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Pro Bowl 2012 Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
And Pro Bowl voting has begun! Let's make sure we represent our Seahawks and vote like we've never voted before! Don't be lazy, every vote counts.

We can use this thread to keep track of which players are deserving of going to Hawaii.

As of Week 7:

Hmmm........ You say Browner is an obvious pro bowler, but you insisted that we trade him during our board mock draft. Confused What gives? Laughing

How does his performance in 2012 correlate with a mock draft done in the offseason?
He's saying your evaluation of him was wrong Wink

To be fair, Cromartie would be pretty sick to have paired with Sherm.

I would still trade Browner for a 2nd these days. He's damn good but not that good and I doubt we extend him beyond this contract. Nothing about that has changed. I know he's a great player.

And Osprey over here talking and he was adamant about not getting Cromartie in the same mock Laughing

Quote:
TheOsprey wrote:
Some of you should have thought this out, before trading away a good CB. It seems like you're just making trades, to have something to do.

Quote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Wrong. My logic goes Routt>Browner. When you can get more value for the lesser player, you take that.

And please, spare me your claim that Browner is better. Seriously, I don't wanna read it. It's nonsense.

Funny. You wanted to replace Browner with Stanford Routt. You know, the guy who was cut by the worst team in the NFL, last week. Laughing Laughing Laughing

SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browner for Routt...?

Say it ain't so, SoS!

SteelKing728 wrote:
I got Andrew Luck winning MVP this year

Official stalker victim of Harper41.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Browner for Routt...?

Say it ain't so, SoS!

I think I was talking about at a value standpoint (Browner for a 2nd and Routt for a 4th), but regardless I was wrong Laughing
JJ89

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Pro Bowl 2012 Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
JJ89 wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

As of Week 7:

Because he was a Pro Bowler in 2011 and likely a Pro Bowler in 2012. I can't for the life of me, figure out why you would wanna get rid of that. Just as it was back then, it doesn't make sense. I always thought in order to build a winning program, you should keep the good players and ditch the bad players. That's all I'm saying. Very Happy

He didn't deserve the Pro Bowler in 2011, he wasn't even the best corner on his team. He only got it because of his interceptions. He didn't play like a Probowl CB, he got beat fairly often and committed a huge amount of penalties.
This year he have played better, but there is no way Browner makes the Pro Bowl this year with the way Bears corners are playing. Sherman isn't even a Pro Bowl lock, he deserves it, but I'm not sure he makes it.

It's a stretch to use the Pro Bowl to measure Browners play I think, don't get me wrong, Browner is a very good corner, but he isn't playing at Probowl level when you compare him to his competition.

You do know that more than one CB from the NFC goes to the Pro Bowl, don't you? Three go from each conference.

Do you think that Browner was among the top 3 corners in the NFC in 2011 ? Do you think he is among them this year?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browner made the PB because he had sexy stats, not that he was technically the best CB based on metrics.

And I think that Brandon Browner will become a cap casualty. If we don't trade him, another team will overpay for him. He could get something close to #1 CB money.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: Pro Bowl 2012 Reply with quote

JJ89 wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
JJ89 wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

As of Week 7:

Do you think that Browner was among the top 3 corners in the NFC in 2011 ? Do you think he is among them this year?

Absolutely. I voted for Tillman, Sherman and Browner. I'm not the type of guy who is gonna vote for all Seahawks, but I can honestly say that I believe these are the best 3 NFC cornerbacks of 2012.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
Browner made the PB because he had sexy stats, not that he was technically the best CB based on metrics.

And I think that Brandon Browner will become a cap casualty. If we don't trade him, another team will overpay for him. He could get something close to #1 CB money.

Unless we pick up a free agent CB of equal value, I don't think that happens this offseason. We currently have no one to replace him and we have too many other needs (WR, OLB and RT), to be creating another need for an immediate starter.
Tooki

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
Tooki wrote:

Unless we pick up a free agent CB of equal value, I don't think that happens this offseason. We currently have no one to replace him and we have too many other needs (WR, OLB and RT), to be creating another need for an immediate starter.

Is Browner a FA after this season or next? The problem we will run into is that our Secondary is going to be very expensive very soon, and I think that Sherm and ET will be our #1 and #2 priorities.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
Tooki wrote:

Is Browner a FA after this season or next? The problem we will run into is that our Secondary is going to be very expensive very soon, and I think that Sherm and ET will be our #1 and #2 priorities.

Browner is extremely cheap. In 2011 he signed a 3 year $1.29 million contract. This year he makes $465,000, next year he makes $555,000 and in 2014 he's a restricted free agent. I wouldn't even worry about his contract until that time.
Tooki

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
Tooki wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
Tooki wrote:

Browner is extremely cheap. In 2011 he signed a 3 year $1.29 million contract. This year he makes $465,000, next year he makes $555,000 and in 2014 he's a restricted free agent. I wouldn't even worry about his contract until that time.

Phew I thought so. But what I'm saying is that I could see Browner going to another team, who might overpay for him, especially if he maintains his current standard of play.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
Tooki wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
Tooki wrote:

Phew I thought so. But what I'm saying is that I could see Browner going to another team, who might overpay for him, especially if he maintains his current standard of play.

Given his contract status, that won't be until at least, 2014 and since he would be a restricted free agent, we could get a very high pick in return, depending what we value him at. Looking at the contracts of the guys in our secondary, that is one area where we are set, for the next couple of seasons.
Tooki

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
Tooki wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
Tooki wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
Tooki wrote:

Given his contract status, that won't be until at least, 2014 and since he would be a restricted free agent, we could get a very high pick in return, depending what we value him at. Looking at the contracts of the guys in our secondary, that is one area where we are set, for the next couple of seasons.

Is he technically counted as a rookie as well? I need to get my *** together and pick up on this crap. In that case, we might as well keep him or let a team give up a nice draft pick for him.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
Tooki wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
Tooki wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
Tooki wrote:

Is he technically counted as a rookie as well? I need to get my *** together and pick up on this crap. In that case, we might as well keep him or let a team give up a nice draft pick for him.

That, I don't know......
Tooki

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
Tooki wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
Tooki wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
Tooki wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:
Tooki wrote:

That, I don't know......

I was just curious because you said that he will be an RFA. I don't think that he ever made the 53-man squad with the Broncos either.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: