Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tim Tebow Trade?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. V

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Him being voted most overrated holds zero value when relating it to his talent, and instead speaks to the media circus around him.

The "fine" running game was trash before Tebow came in, and is ranked 23rd this season, 29/31st in yards per rush. The "fine" defense was 24th in the league last year. Let's not act like Tebow wasn't a large part of the team's wins. The playstyle of Tebow allowed for the Broncos to limit the opposing team's time of possession, which took away scoring chances for the other team and gave the Broncos more opportunities. An anyone trying to deny his late game heroics is kidding themselves.

That doesn't mean he should come here, and nobody is even suggesting we should.

I credit Mike McCoy a lot with Tebow's success.

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.
iPwn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Him being voted most overrated holds zero value when relating it to his talent, and instead speaks to the media circus around him.

The "fine" running game was trash before Tebow came in, and is ranked 23rd this season, 29/31st in yards per rush. The "fine" defense was 24th in the league last year. Let's not act like Tebow wasn't a large part of the team's wins. The playstyle of Tebow allowed for the Broncos to limit the opposing team's time of possession, which took away scoring chances for the other team and gave the Broncos more opportunities. An anyone trying to deny his late game heroics is kidding themselves.

Did iPwn just go into full Skip Bayless mode?
I still don't like Tebow, nor want him here, nor think he's a good QB, so no.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
bzane

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:

Gosh- "late game heroics"..... "playstyle of Tebow" limiting time of of possession for the other team..... "large part of the team's" (Broncos)
wins"- these ARE things to think about.

Fascinating to see the passions that Tebow provokes. Was there ever a more polarizing player?

The fans on the Denver forum claimed that it was defense and running that won their games in their late-season drive last year. They wanted to get rid of Tebow.

The fans on the Jets' forum are down on him this year, and think he's only a gimmick back-up.

But- there are still loyal fans, clearly, who believe in the "late-game heroics", and the enabling "play style", who think that Tebow will succeed again.

And maybe he will!

Whether he does so in New York.... or Jacksonville..... or wherever- it's best to keep an open mind about these things.

I respect the devotion of his loyal fans, as I do Tim Tebow's belief in himself. Let's all wish him well.
iPwn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am, in no way shape or form, a Tebow fan.

Have a gander at my position on Tebow:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=13641476#13641476

Quote:
Riddle me this. If Tebow is such a special player, why are the Broncos still actively trying to replace him? And this isn't just a "Manning is the (arguably) GOAT and we'd be remiss not to try to get him," this is a "we've been trying to replace him for the past year and Manning is the latest option." How many winning QBs do teams try to get rid of that aren't locker room cancers? That's a big fat zero.

He's Vince Young, he's pre-Philly Mike Vick, he's the Wildcat, he's Kordell Stewart. He's a novelty at this point, one that caught the NFL by surprise and was a great story. However, these novelty QBs and sets that don't facilitate efficient passing don't stick around. They don't have continued success. They don't continue to "just win." Teams figure them out, and they become far less effective. They continue to feast on the poor teams though, because those teams don't have the personel to stop the player, but those players, those gimmicks, they never, and I repeat never, take things to the next level, and they never will. Tebow will never win a Super Bowl so long as he is a weak passer. And I don't ever see his passing getting to a level that is top 10-12 in the league. The kid has a heart and a passion for the game that is admirable, and he will continue to work his - off every week and try to get better as a player, I have no doubt about that. He'll probably outwork any other QB in this league in effort and passion. But that doesn't mean that he can translate that to quality passing.

And I don't "don't like the guy." I think he's a fantastic person. I just don't ever see him sustaining success in the league because what he does is a novelty, a type of novelty that all too often I've watched rise and fall over and over.

I don't want the circus surrounding him, and I don't want the gimmick that's soon to run it's course, if it hasn't already.

But we can paint me as a fan of his because I'm able to objectively look at a player and realize he facilitated some success while in Denver.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
sadjag

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bzane uPwn'd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
iPwn wrote:

I am just reading a completely unbiased fans opinion on what the "Tebow" effect was on a team. I have to say I completely agree, but at the same time I understand why any fan with some sense would not want Tebow.

Tebow also brings a negative because of all the media that is populated wherever he goes.

I am just saying that if Blaine Gabbert happens to get hurt for an extensive amount of time then, I would not mind seeing Tebow in Jaguars uni for the 7th round pick we were originally pricing or Will Ta'ufo'ou.

DarthDavis wrote:
I tell you I respect the Jags forum nothing but classy posters. They got a good group over there.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
iPwn wrote:

Well iPwn is right, soooooooooooooooooo

No

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
green24 wrote:
iPwn wrote:

That doesn't mean he should come here, and nobody is even suggesting we

should.

I still don't like Tebow, nor want him here, nor think he's a good QB, so no.

All the more reason to admire your impassioned defense of the guy!

I enjoyed reading it very much.

Always interested in different opinions, and you've made some compelling points. Based upon them I shall look for more "late-game heroics" and effective "play style" from Tebow the rest of the year. Perhaps some day he'll be doing these things in Jacksonville- might give the team a much-needed shot in the arm.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring in tebow, lose the last 9 games, draft a real QB

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

I don't think you're serious, but still:

Mr. V wrote:
No, don't waste picks on this season. That's stupid. Tebow isn't going to help our team enough, if at all.

JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. V wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

Mr. V wrote:
No, don't waste picks on this season. That's stupid. Tebow isn't going to help our team enough, if at all.

half serious. dont bring in tebow, just draft a real QB

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Mr. V wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:

Mr. V wrote:

half serious. dont bring in tebow, just draft a real QB

No need if Gabbert is one.

Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hearing this might be a possibility now.
/CutsWrists

#JDI
Mr. V

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
/CutsWrists

And I heard it isn't

Bad meets Evil

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
/CutsWrists

Where you hear that? The jets beat reporter has said there have been no talks.

Credit to IPwn for da sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: