You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official Pistons Thread: KCP, Mitchell and Siva : )
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1King

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JETS2005 wrote:
1King wrote:
Quote:
Budinger for a 2nd round pick was a loss and so was Amir Johnson for Oberto.

Budinger = off talent alone, sure (though I dont remember who we took with our 2nd round pick), but we already had 4 other rookies that year and only took him to trade him, that's why I called it a push.

Neither Amir Johnson nor Oberto did crap for us and Johnson ended up getting a decent sized contract later on IIRC.

yeah Amir Johnson is a loss he averaged 10 pts 7.5 rebounds and 1.4 blocks last year. for career 6.8 points and 5.5 rebounds.

We traded him in '09, the 1st year w/ TOR? 6 ppg 5 rpg. Those blistering #'s earned him a 5 year $34 million dollar contract. 3 years later he is a solid bench guy.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
JETS2005

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
JETS2005 wrote:
1King wrote:
Quote:

Budinger = off talent alone, sure (though I dont remember who we took with our 2nd round pick), but we already had 4 other rookies that year and only took him to trade him, that's why I called it a push.

Neither Amir Johnson nor Oberto did crap for us and Johnson ended up getting a decent sized contract later on IIRC.

yeah Amir Johnson is a loss he averaged 10 pts 7.5 rebounds and 1.4 blocks last year. for career 6.8 points and 5.5 rebounds.

We traded him in '09, the 1st year w/ TOR? 6 ppg 5 rpg. Those blistering #'s earned him a 5 year $34 million dollar contract. 3 years later he is a solid bench guy.

I got you but you do have to look at the long run what do we have to show for the trade nothing at all which makes it a loss on our end the contract they gave him has nothing to do with that.
1King

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JETS2005 wrote:
1King wrote:
JETS2005 wrote:
1King wrote:
Quote:

I got you but you do have to look at the long run what do we have to show for the trade nothing at all which makes it a loss on our end the contract they gave him has nothing to do with that.

How do you figure that?

Amir Johnson did nothing for us (about 4 PPG and 4 RPG). The year after we traded him, he did nothing for Toronto. He signed a sizable extension and years later he finally developed into a solid bench player who is probably a bit overpaid.

We traded a guy who did nothing for a guy who did nothing. It didnt hurt us at all and it didnt help us at all. That's why I gave it a "push."

candyman93 wrote:

TEAM STYLISH
ManeLine

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The deeper we get, the more I believe we're trading for Rondo.

And signing Smith. Joe has wanted both for years.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManeLine wrote:

Do it Joe. We can call'em the Brick Squad Rolling Eyes
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManeLine wrote:

I would actually have fun watching a squad of:

Rondo/Knight
KCP/Knight
Smith/Mitchell
Monroe/Smith
Drummond/Slava

Red Sox, Pistons, Tar Heels Basketball, Crimson Tide Football, Bruins Hockey, Tottenham Hotspur
*Adopt a Sox: Andrew Benintendi*
ManeLine

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
ManeLine wrote:

I would actually have fun watching a squad of:

Rondo/Knight
KCP/Knight
Smith/Mitchell
Monroe/Smith
Drummond/Slava

Rondo would cost Monroe or Knight

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What? Arnt they trying a full on rebuild? All they want is expirings and picks. I wouldn't be hurt with losing Knight, Charlie and Stuck for Rondo. Our team would be athletic and defensive. Rondo and Smoove can defend (steal and block). Dre can block. We would have become faster, athletic and very transitional. I wouldn't mind us getting Rondo at all.

Red Sox, Pistons, Tar Heels Basketball, Crimson Tide Football, Bruins Hockey, Tottenham Hotspur
*Adopt a Sox: Andrew Benintendi*
stylish313

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
What? Arnt they trying a full on rebuild? All they want is expirings and picks. I wouldn't be hurt with losing Knight, Charlie and Stuck for Rondo. Our team would be athletic and defensive. Rondo and Smoove can defend (steal and block). Dre can block. We would have become faster, athletic and very transitional. I wouldn't mind us getting Rondo at all.
Knight is expendable if we're upgrading our PG position.

But flat out, I'm gonna be pissed if Joe trades Monroe. I want my twin towers Evil or Very Mad
JETS2005

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
JETS2005 wrote:
1King wrote:
JETS2005 wrote:
1King wrote:
Quote:

How do you figure that?

Amir Johnson did nothing for us (about 4 PPG and 4 RPG). The year after we traded him, he did nothing for Toronto. He signed a sizable extension and years later he finally developed into a solid bench player who is probably a bit overpaid.

We traded a guy who did nothing for a guy who did nothing. It didnt hurt us at all and it didnt help us at all. That's why I gave it a "push."

I mean it really comes down to how you view things I look at a trade and if the person that we traded is contributing somewhere while whatever we got did nothing at all for us then we lost that trade I can see how you say its a push I just view it as a loss personally but I can see where you are coming from.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly think the Ben Gordon trade was idiotic and the worst of those. It saved us one year, however BG would be expiring and a decent trade chip this year. Worst case he rots on the bench and we have cap next year. Giving away a first round pick, in a draft that is likely to be loaded for 1 year of salary is stupid. Especially since we aren't competing for a title. That move only made sense if there was something bigger to go with it, and obviously all that was is to have the funds to throw at second rate stars.

As for the idea of Smith and Rondo, I don't love it but I could deal with it. Our defense would be pretty sick, and that's how we won last time.
JETS2005

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
I honestly think the Ben Gordon trade was idiotic and the worst of those. It saved us one year, however BG would be expiring and a decent trade chip this year. Worst case he rots on the bench and we have cap next year. Giving away a first round pick, in a draft that is likely to be loaded for 1 year of salary is stupid. Especially since we aren't competing for a title. That move only made sense if there was something bigger to go with it, and obviously all that was is to have the funds to throw at second rate stars.

As for the idea of Smith and Rondo, I don't love it but I could deal with it. Our defense would be pretty sick, and that's how we won last time.

Alot of that had to do with the locker room issues that Gordon was said to be causing and it even spread to Charlotte who cant wait to get rid of him

example of issues in Charlotte

http://www.pistonpowered.com/2013/02/ben-gordon-spreads-buffoonery-from-detroit-to-charlotte/

Last edited by JETS2005 on Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
1King

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Vincent Ellis ‏@Vincent_Ellis56 36s
MT @Chris_Broussard Chauncey Billups looking to play 2 more years.Several clubs interested in him as backup. Detroit has done interest

He probably goes to contender, but I wouldnt mind Mr. Big Shot coming back.

candyman93 wrote:

TEAM STYLISH
JETS2005

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
Quote:
Vincent Ellis ‏@Vincent_Ellis56 36s
MT @Chris_Broussard Chauncey Billups looking to play 2 more years.Several clubs interested in him as backup. Detroit has done interest

He probably goes to contender, but I wouldnt mind Mr. Big Shot coming back.

Man the veteran presence and leadership would be lovely for the young guys.
Sllim Pickens

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JETS2005 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

Alot of that had to do with the locker room issues that Gordon was said to be causing and it even spread to Charlotte who cant wait to get rid of him

example of issues in Charlotte

http://www.pistonpowered.com/2013/02/ben-gordon-spreads-buffoonery-from-detroit-to-charlotte/

I could care less. We could have amnestied him instead and saved our 1st round pick. When trying to rebuild, I don't see the point in sending away 1st round picks for nothing.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 98 of 100

Jump to: