Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official Pistons Thread: KCP, Mitchell and Siva : )
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:
If you guys can trade Prince for Calderon, you're going to have a crap ton of expiring contracts at the end of the season. And if you guys can somehow find a trade partner for Villanueva, or more likely just amnesty him, you will have a lot of money to work with come free agency. Though with the expected re-signings (Dwight, CP3) 2013 free agency isn't expected to be all that exciting, you guys could still go after guys like Jeff Teague or OJ Mayo. And if you don't think Drummond is ready, could also potentially get in on the Josh Smith/Bynum/Jefferson sweepstakes.

Regardless of what direction you choose to go, should be a fun off season for you guys, either way.

Yup. Mayo would make the most sense for us.

Knight/
Mayo/Stuckey
Draft pick/Singler
Monroe/
Drummond/

is a solid base to build around for the future.

I actually think Teague is a much better fit given that I don't believe Knight is the answer at the point, but he's not really an ideal two guard either, so it definitely creates a conundrum. If you guys had the money, you could always go after both Teague and Mayo and bring Knight off the bench.

Teague/Knight
Mayo/Stuckey
Singler
Monroe
Drummond

Not bad, not bad at all.

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
gl81

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
1King wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:
If you guys can trade Prince for Calderon, you're going to have a crap ton of expiring contracts at the end of the season. And if you guys can somehow find a trade partner for Villanueva, or more likely just amnesty him, you will have a lot of money to work with come free agency. Though with the expected re-signings (Dwight, CP3) 2013 free agency isn't expected to be all that exciting, you guys could still go after guys like Jeff Teague or OJ Mayo. And if you don't think Drummond is ready, could also potentially get in on the Josh Smith/Bynum/Jefferson sweepstakes.

Regardless of what direction you choose to go, should be a fun off season for you guys, either way.

Yup. Mayo would make the most sense for us.

Knight/
Mayo/Stuckey
Draft pick/Singler
Monroe/
Drummond/

is a solid base to build around for the future.

I actually think Teague is a much better fit given that I don't believe Knight is the answer at the point, but he's not really an ideal two guard either, so it definitely creates a conundrum. If you guys had the money, you could always go after both Teague and Mayo and bring Knight off the bench.

Teague/Knight
Mayo/Stuckey
Singler
Monroe
Drummond

Not bad, not bad at all.

Someone help us if Kyle Singler is our starting SF. That should be this year's first round pick.

^daboyle250
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
gl81 wrote:
I'm not really worried about this year but we don't really have a small forward now.

Singler and the rookie from TAMU, Middleton I think might play more. Singler is a natural SF who was playing out of position at SG.

Middleton was actually pretty hyped up, from what I recall, coming into the draft. I don't know if he'll ever live up to the hype, but I'm glad to hear he might be getting some additional burn to at least get a chance to try to do so.

Matts4313 wrote:
gl81

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
gl81 wrote:
I'm not really worried about this year but we don't really have a small forward now.

Singler and the rookie from TAMU, Middleton I think might play more. Singler is a natural SF who was playing out of position at SG.

Edit: Maggette too.

Yeah it'll be good to Middleton more minutes. Much more productive going forward than running Tayshaun out there.

I honestly thought Tayshaun was going to be a Piston for life.

^daboyle250
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gl81 wrote:
Someone help us if Kyle Singler is our starting SF. That should be this year's first round pick.

Haha, certainly not the ideal starting SF on a championship caliber team. Depending on where you guys are picking I'd love to see the Pistons take either Alex Poythress or Otto Porter. Both would give you versatility, but Porter would make that defensive front court all the more dominating while Poythress would add another scorer to the mix.

Matts4313 wrote:
ManeLine

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These last 3-4 quarters are some of the worst in quite some time.

Smack

Adopt A Lion - Ryan Broyles
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Tay to death but knew Joe D would find a way to get him on a team that is a contender now while he builds a team/cap space for later. Daye never proved to me he was worth drafting. I like Calderon and what he will bring to Knight and Bynum and their respective games. Calderon has always been a crafty scorer to me and a good shooter. A guy who will occasionally get a near triple double. His assist to TO ratio is always among the leagues best since entering the league. Not sure of his contract situation but I love the move, the addition by subtraction and possible promise it has for our players and future.

Sig by Smack
AAP Chandler Jones
2.5 Sax, 17 tackles, 1 TD
Typical_Lions

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
Love Tay to death but knew Joe D would find a way to get him on a team that is a contender now while he builds a team/cap space for later. Daye never proved to me he was worth drafting. I like Calderon and what he will bring to Knight and Bynum and their respective games. Calderon has always been a crafty scorer to me and a good shooter. A guy who will occasionally get a near triple double. His assist to TO ratio is always among the leagues best since entering the league. Not sure of his contract situation but I love the move, the addition by subtraction and possible promise it has for our players and future.

Calderon is a FA after this year

For Pete's sake, the word is spelled d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y! Remember it as "defi-nitely"
GeneralTso

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is going to sound cynical, but, how can we trust Joe D with FA money when he bombed with Gordon and Villanueva? Who's to say it won't happen again with Mayo, Teague, etc?
ManeLine

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^I'm afraid of Joe having this much cap space too. This is pretty much his last shot IMO so he better do something good with it.

I think he'll use the majority of the cap space through trades rather than FA however.

Smack

Adopt A Lion - Ryan Broyles
detfan782004

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see trade. This should knock them down a bit and help with lottery. Free up cap space.

All around solid.

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
superjoint

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this trade get Jonas back on the floor? Him and CV as the 4. I like the trade just not sure how the lineup plays out now.

Calderon/Bynum
Knight/Stuckey
Singler/Magette
Monroe/CV/JJ
Drummond/Maxiell

Not sure where the money will go in the future. I'm personally not a fan of Mayo so I hope it isn't there. I would like to see...

Knight
Stuckey/Draft
Josh Smith
Monroe
Drummond

That might be a little to video gamey though. Tell me that front court wouldn't scare the hell out most teams in the league.

This trade may also help keep us in the lottery this year, which saves our pick, could end up with something like...

Knight
Mayo/Stuckey
GR3
Monroe
Drummond
gl81

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best part about your last lineup is that it's actually plausible. That'd be a legitimately good team.

^daboyle250
detfan782004

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

superjoint wrote:
Does this trade get Jonas back on the floor? Him and CV as the 4. I like the trade just not sure how the lineup plays out now.

Calderon/Bynum
Knight/Stuckey
Singler/Magette
Monroe/CV/JJ
Drummond/Maxiell

Not sure where the money will go in the future. I'm personally not a fan of Mayo so I hope it isn't there. I would like to see...

Knight
Stuckey/Draft
Josh Smith
Monroe
Drummond

That might be a little to video gamey though. Tell me that front court wouldn't scare the hell out most teams in the league.

This trade may also help keep us in the lottery this year, which saves our pick, could end up with something like...

Knight
Mayo/Stuckey
GR3
Monroe
Drummond

I see GR3 going back to UM and gaining stock just like Burke. Doubt he comes out

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
superjoint

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
superjoint wrote:

Calderon/Bynum
Knight/Stuckey
Singler/Magette
Monroe/CV/JJ
Drummond/Maxiell

Knight
Stuckey/Draft
Josh Smith
Monroe
Drummond

Knight
Mayo/Stuckey
GR3
Monroe
Drummond

I see GR3 going back to UM and gaining stock just like Burke. Doubt he comes out

I hope he stays, I hope they all stay. I personally don't think any of them are NBA ready, but then again I'm not an expert. Have been starting to see reports from draft "experts" that are saying GR3 is on the verge of making himself a lottery pick. I think he gets that type of grade he is as good as gone. Then again maybe the fact that Big Dog isn't broke and McGary isn't going anywhere, he will decide to just enjoy college ball for another year or 3.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 26 of 100

Jump to: