Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official Pistons Thread: KCP, Mitchell and Siva : )
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ManeLine

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Glad to see trade. This should knock them down a bit and help with lottery. Free up cap space.

All around solid.

I don't see how getting Calderon makes us worse. Getting rid of Tay, who was stunting our young players growth and adding Calderon will help us. Monroe and Drummond are really gonna improve with a PG that can run the PnR like Calderon.

Smack

Adopt A Lion - Ryan Broyles
detfan782004

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManeLine wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Glad to see trade. This should knock them down a bit and help with lottery. Free up cap space.

All around solid.

I don't see how getting Calderon makes us worse. Getting rid of Tay, who was stunting our young players growth and adding Calderon will help us. Monroe and Drummond are really gonna improve with a PG that can run the PnR like Calderon.

They can improve all they want. Going to take time to mesh. Hopefully this drops them to around 10-11 seed and out of playoffs

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
detfan782004

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superjoint wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
superjoint wrote:
Does this trade get Jonas back on the floor? Him and CV as the 4. I like the trade just not sure how the lineup plays out now.

Calderon/Bynum
Knight/Stuckey
Singler/Magette
Monroe/CV/JJ
Drummond/Maxiell

Not sure where the money will go in the future. I'm personally not a fan of Mayo so I hope it isn't there. I would like to see...

Knight
Stuckey/Draft
Josh Smith
Monroe
Drummond

That might be a little to video gamey though. Tell me that front court wouldn't scare the hell out most teams in the league.

This trade may also help keep us in the lottery this year, which saves our pick, could end up with something like...

Knight
Mayo/Stuckey
GR3
Monroe
Drummond

I see GR3 going back to UM and gaining stock just like Burke. Doubt he comes out

I hope he stays, I hope they all stay. I personally don't think any of them are NBA ready, but then again I'm not an expert. Have been starting to see reports from draft "experts" that are saying GR3 is on the verge of making himself a lottery pick. I think he gets that type of grade he is as good as gone. Then again maybe the fact that Big Dog isn't broke and McGary isn't going anywhere, he will decide to just enjoy college ball for another year or 3.

Burke was in same boat and now a top 5 pick lock essentially.

GR3 is too raw right now

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
1King

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A Pistons source said the team is open to trying to re-sign Calderon over the summer, adding that the team thinks his playmaking skill would be a major boon to rookie center Andre Drummond.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
Jrugges

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
Quote:
A Pistons source said the team is open to trying to re-sign Calderon over the summer, adding that the team thinks his playmaking skill would be a major boon to rookie center Andre Drummond.

This is what my thinking was. Calderons defense is pretty terrible, but the offense he can create for Drummond might be worth it. Especailly since defensively the games different with Drummond on the court anyways.

If Pistons can manage to bring in a few key guys coupled with a decent player in the draft they can be real players in the east again.

29 million dollars can get you a few really good players. I mean really imagne if the Pistons sign PF Josh Smith and SF Trevor Ariza WHILE bringing back Calderon and some draft picks... Monroe prolly wouldn't start anymore but he'd play a big role getting minutes at both PF/C behind Smith/Drummond. Ariza is a very good wing defender. Idk, Pistons have a real chance to finally come out of the depths and be atleast players again in the east... Shocked
stylish313

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:
1King wrote:
Quote:

This is what my thinking was. Calderons defense is pretty terrible, but the offense he can create for Drummond might be worth it. Especailly since defensively the games different with Drummond on the court anyways.

If Pistons can manage to bring in a few key guys coupled with a decent player in the draft they can be real players in the east again.

29 million dollars can get you a few really good players. I mean really imagne if the Pistons sign PF Josh Smith and SF Trevor Ariza WHILE bringing back Calderon and some draft picks... Monroe prolly wouldn't start anymore but he'd play a big role getting minutes at both PF/C behind Smith/Drummond. Ariza is a very good wing defender. Idk, Pistons have a real chance to finally come out of the depths and be atleast players again in the east... Shocked
Drummond's defense could help out in the lane, but in today's NBA, guards have tremendous touch from the outside- and that's where Calderon would get lit up nightly.

But there's no doubt a true PG would help out our starting lineup tremendously. If Calderon proves to provide that spark for the remainder of the season, then this trade would prove to be outstanding from all corners. Part of that $30M would be spent to re-sign him, but I'd rather have a play-making PG that makes everyone else better, than a veteran SF who occasionally can take control of games.

I guess we'll see, let's hope for the best. Nothing compliments a dominant center better than a star PG.
gl81

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one brandon knight's best games as a Piston tonight.

^daboyle250
stylish313

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon Knight isn't a bad player at all, he's just not a difference-maker at PG. He's also a little on the slight side to fulfill the role Stuckey was born to play- combo guard.

Where I'm going with this, is if Jose Calderon could build the kind of chemistry with Andre Drummond that Will Bynum currently has, maybe our line-up of the future could be:

PG- Jose Calderon
SG- Brandon Knight
SF- ?(rookie or free agent)
PF- Greg Monroe
C- Andre Drummond
6th man- Rodney Stuckey

Can't wait to see how Calderon blends with this group Dumars has put together. Bynum may end up being the odd man out(via trade hopefully, if that's the case).
gl81

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Brandon Knight isn't a bad player at all, he's just not a difference-maker at PG. He's also a little on the slight side to fulfill the role Stuckey was born to play- combo guard.

Where I'm going with this, is if Jose Calderon could build the kind of chemistry with Andre Drummond that Will Bynum currently has, maybe our line-up of the future could be:

PG- Jose Calderon
SG- Brandon Knight
PF- Greg Monroe
C- Andre Drummond
6th man- Rodney Stuckey

Can't wait to see how Calderon blends with this group Dumars has put together. Bynum may end up being the odd man out(via trade hopefully, if that's the case).

Knight's only 21. I've been critical of him at times but I'm not going to give up on him as a PG just yet.

Also, going forward Knight is either the starting PG or a really good combo guard off the bench IMO. Not big enough to be a starting 2. They can either sign or draft one.

^daboyle250
ManeLine

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight usually gets up against Kyrie. Owned him tonight.

Smack

Adopt A Lion - Ryan Broyles
stylish313

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gl81 wrote:
stylish313 wrote:

PG- Jose Calderon
SG- Brandon Knight
PF- Greg Monroe
C- Andre Drummond
6th man- Rodney Stuckey

Knight's only 21. I've been critical of him at times but I'm not going to give up on him as a PG just yet.

Also, going forward Knight is either the starting PG or a really good combo guard off the bench IMO. Not big enough to be a starting 2. They can either sign or draft one.
Don't think that has to be the case.

Remeber Houston winning titles with Kenny Smith and Vernon Maxwell? Or how about San Antonio winning with Avery Johnson and Mario Ellie?

Those teams didn't have typical play-making PG's, or bigger athletic SGs. They had dominant big men, and guards who played their roles.

Brandon Knight is developing into a pretty good spot up 3-point shooter, with an ability to drive- just not an isolation threat. But with two tremendous big men, and a dynamic PG, he could be a great role player- even if he doesn't have a true position.
gl81

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both are a little before my time but A. Those are exceptions and B. The Rockets had Hakeem and those Spurs had Duncan and David Robinson. I know we're all excited about Monroe and Drummond but they have a ways to go before we can compare them to those guys. If Knight proves that he isn't that effective as a starting PG, I think he'd be much more effective as a combo guard off the bench rather than as the starting 2. Either way I think he's a big part of this team's future.

Side note-If only this thread were representative of the actual fan support this team is getting right now. 28 pages since the end of October for a below average team is impressive.

^daboyle250
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple things:

1. I was so excited about the cap space, I forgot how bad Dumars has been with signing FAs

2. How exactly does Drummond's defensive prowess help with Calderon's issues there?

3. I would love to bring back Calderon or a legit PG to help our bigs out

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
A couple things:

1. I was so excited about the cap space, I forgot how bad Dumars has been with signing FAs

2. How exactly does Drummond's defensive prowess help with Calderon's issues there?

3. I would love to bring back Calderon or a legit PG to help our bigs out
1. Joe has only really had opportunity, aside from when he signed Chauncey.

2. It doesn't. Guards light Calderon up from the outside, just as frequently as they do penetrating. Drummond can't save him out on the perimeter.

3. If he proves to be the PG needed to propel this teams offense for the remainder of the season, there's no doubt we should extend him. This free agent crop is very unimpressive, Calderon could be one of the top 5-7 players available. Let's just hope he doesn't stick out like a sore thumb, the way Carlos Delphino did here.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss Billups and Hunter Sad

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 27 of 100

Jump to: