You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 9 GDT - Giants Vs Steelers - Steel Curtain gets torn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IR0NM1KE

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know if they even have power at metlife?
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IR0NM1KE wrote:

No idea but on ESPN last night they said the Steelers aren't flying in until Sunday morning because they couldn't find a hotel with power.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
D-TURBULENTGMEN wrote:
I Believe if we can get over the hump of this weekend and beat the Steelers , then my prediction for the season is that we'll go 12-4 , i just believe this team as a whole is good enough for a 12-4 season securing at the very least a number 2 seed in the Conference , So yes i believe the implications of this game right here with a W is very important towards the outlook of the rest of our season and playoff's picture .. just gotta get past this weekend and these Steelers and we are good to go.

Predictions for the Rest of the NFC East in week 9 ,

Falcons beats the Cowboys on Sunday
Saints Shoot the Green Birds on Monday
& Believe it or not Panthers Somehow
Upset The Skins on Sunday

Who do you have our next two losses going to?

12-4 sounds pretty darn good ... I see us rounding out at 11-5/10-6

For now the two teams i think , Im going to keep to myself , I say let's get through this week first.
D-TURBULENTGMEN

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
IR0NM1KE wrote:

No idea but on ESPN last night they said the Steelers aren't flying in until Sunday morning because they couldn't find a hotel with power.

Really hmm .. jet Lag could play a factor to our advantage..
dkebones

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-TURBULENTGMEN wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
IR0NM1KE wrote:

lol....it's a 90min flight in the same time zone!
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
D-TURBULENTGMEN wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
IR0NM1KE wrote:

True but the interruption to a normal routine could play a factor. Grasping at straws? Probably Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
D-TURBULENTGMEN wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
IR0NM1KE wrote:

heh yea...that's like saying the Seahawks get jet lag flying to San Fran for games Razz it COULD be an advantage because it throws of the "normal" process of a road game but...hard to say.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
dkebones wrote:
D-TURBULENTGMEN wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
IR0NM1KE wrote:

heh yea...that's like saying the Seahawks get jet lag flying to San Fran for games Razz it COULD be an advantage because it throws of the "normal" process of a road game but...hard to say.

The Steelers travel the same day to Cleveland on bus!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:

The Steelers travel the same day to Cleveland on bus!

Pssh when the Giants play @Jets they take cars! Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
dkebones wrote:
D-TURBULENTGMEN wrote:
Shockey1979 wrote:
IR0NM1KE wrote:

well when i fly from ny to ohio which is also a 90 min flight getting to the airport 2 hours before a flight and all that nonsense always seems to take a lil toll reguardless , i see what u mean but it's the little things sometimes that "could" be a factor , hey i'll take any lil bit i can get and honestly with all the solor panels they got at metlife, power should not be a problem for them , all they have to do is tie there lines into there main grid, it's been talked about but hasnt been tryed yet , if they really had power issues now would be as good a time as any to try it and see what happens Smile
Gmen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have mixed feelings about this game.

I think we match up pretty well against them. We're getting Kenny Phillips, Rocky Bernard and David Deihl back in the lineup. They're minus a few key players in the secondary, their running backs are banged up, and they have a rookie RT that has been getting abused going up against a hungry Tuck. Unlike Romo and some other QBs we've faced, Ben likes to hang in the pocket, which is not going to be good news against the Giants.

But, the Steelers are like the Giants. They can find a way to win any game. Like the Giants, they have a good HC, QB and skill positions. And they just have a history of winning around them. Wouldn't be surprised if we lost. And quite frankly, I wouldn't be all that disappointed. I still think we go into the bye 7-3 at worst.

scar988 wrote:
I'm of the belief the best QB in NY right now (July 2017) is Geno Smith.

SMH
pghinsomniac

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say the Steelers need this game more than the Giants. I'd also say the teams are evenly matched if healthy. I'll ALSO say, that if Dwyer doesn't suit up, and we get the Isaac Redman that has sucked hard this year, we won't stand a chance.

My main reason for feeling so pessimistic for this game is that the Giants have a lot of non-football elements to play for. They even got a pep talk from the Chief of Staff, a career military officer who's very fundamental job is to pump up men when faced with daunting odds. I won't blame them one bit if they come out and dismantle the Steelers in the name of all those affected by the storm. I still hope the opposite happens, however.
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very excited for this game! AND my power just came back Very Happy
SteelProven

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
I have mixed feelings about this game.

I think we match up pretty well against them. We're getting Kenny Phillips, Rocky Bernard and David Deihl back in the lineup. They're minus a few key players in the secondary, their running backs are banged up, and they have a rookie RT that has been getting abused going up against a hungry Tuck. Unlike Romo and some other QBs we've faced, Ben likes to hang in the pocket, which is not going to be good news against the Giants.

But, the Steelers are like the Giants. They can find a way to win any game. Like the Giants, they have a good HC, QB and skill positions. And they just have a history of winning around them. Wouldn't be surprised if we lost. And quite frankly, I wouldn't be all that disappointed. I still think we go into the bye 7-3 at worst.

I don't think you've watched enough Steelers games to be able to validate the bolded. Adams play has been great the past few weeks going up against just as good pass rusher in M. Johnson/Kerrigan who have more sacks than Tuck. Adams excels at run blocking and getting to the second level. While still a work in progress he's shown great improvements each week and probably will be the starting RT for the remainder of the season. Its not a coincidence that the run game improved when Adams became a starter.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point Im not expecting Tuck to beat annyone for a sack. I feel sorry for whoever is going up against JPP thouhg, I think hell have a massive game. Hopefully Nicks and Cruz found their hands this week...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: