Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 9 GDT - Giants Vs Steelers - Steel Curtain gets torn
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this team better wake up. eli has been MISERABLE. you cant blame the defense when the offense cant stay on the field. with the talent that offense has you should be able to sustain a drive. the human revolving door david diehl has got to be put back where he belongs on the bench. if its not broke dont fix it, get locklear back. dont get me started about gilbride. Get your act together, beat the bengals and go into the bye week please.

the part that is bothering me the most is eli. think back to last year, it was almost a given that he won games under pressure and in the 4th. now it looks like he took 10 steps back, hes throwing off his back foot, not setting his feet, and hes in accurate.

sorry i needed to vent. with a schedule as tough as theirs you cant be blowing games like this.
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlaqOptic wrote:
Good game guys. Hopefully we don't see you guys in the Super Bowl because I still feel you're the better team.

Thanks ... you guys out played us today

Held us to nothing in the 4th which is really good achievement Laughing

Hope to see you in the SB ... Manning Vs Roethlisberger

Not a Knicks fan
reckless123

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though defense did not stop the run, they dont deserve any fault in this game. They played well enough for us to win the game. Our defense did its job. Hosley showed why he is a rookie.

I dunno whats wrong with the offense, eli is off. Our receivers are not playing to their standard. BTW what was eli doing on that interception? 0% on third and long. Our redzone offense is putrid to the say the least. Something isnt right with hakeem. When we were in the redzone, near the goal line to be specific, he was covered one on one and eli would typically throw a fade to him at least once but hes not doing it anymore

Im confused, we looked like the ny jets offense out there. If we play like this in cincy then we have problems.

"I'm not in danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was saying this last week ... we have "major" problems with our team

All I got back in return is that it doesn't matter as long as we win ... well we didn't win

Not a Knicks fan
D-TURBULENTGMEN

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-TURBULENTGMEN wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
D-TURBULENTGMEN wrote:
I Believe if we can get over the hump of this weekend and beat the Steelers , then my prediction for the season is that we'll go 12-4 , i just believe this team as a whole is good enough for a 12-4 season securing at the very least a number 2 seed in the Conference , So yes i believe the implications of this game right here with a W is very important towards the outlook of the rest of our season and playoff's picture .. just gotta get past this weekend and these Steelers and we are good to go.

Predictions for the Rest of the NFC East in week 9 ,

Falcons beats the Cowboys on Sunday
Saints Shoot the Green Birds on Monday
& Believe it or not Panthers Somehow
Upset The Skins on Sunday

Who do you have our next two losses going to?

12-4 sounds pretty darn good ... I see us rounding out at 11-5/10-6

For now the two teams i think , Im going to keep to myself , I say let's get through this week first.

im going to go the other way now , now i can see us at 10-6 first or 11-5 second & in that order , with that said , The Steelers Came to play Today just like i knew they would , Eli Forced the Early pass that lead 2 the Int. That lead to 7 , All 3 phases of there team played excellent , David Wilson Made good Returns Not Great but good And had it not been for the facemask on him he was going places with that football on that return , Hosley's offsides 5 yard towards the end of the game killed us , and then he blew the coverage that he began good but then got away from it and there TE Catches the pass that ends the game , the rook will learn just like everybody else had too at one point , we still lead the NFC East which at the end of the day is most important .. out of all the games i knew this game was the hump game , had we won the this in particular game i believe momentum would have carried us right into a 12-4 season , now that we lost , it's perfectly reasonable for anyone that actually knows how the giants seem to always do things , it's understandable for people to think 10-6 1st 11-5 second. , or the ever so longgggg shot at reaching 12-4 but from where we are at the moment , that number seems like trailblazers off , oh well i say this , if your a fan of football then today u were treated to a very tough game , wit a lot of hard fighting from both sides , at the end of the day they came out on top and i can accept that , like everything else we'll go back to the drawing board and grow from this game , there's still a lot of football to play before this is all over , many battles and stories to unfold still await us , can't wait to see how everything plays out now that this game is done.
bbllstr22

Location: Hell. The only place where the devil's advocate can reside.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On ESPN right now

NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bbllstr22 wrote:
On ESPN right now

That's a great picture Laughing

Well it was a miserable game but it's just one game. Let's hope they bounce back. Giants are still 6-3
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giants can kick it into cruise control at this point - they'll steal the division uncontested even if they go 8-8

Sig courtesy of mack.
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Giants can kick it into cruise control at this point - they'll steal the division uncontested even if they go 8-8

Disagree. Dallas has a pretty cupcake schedule the 2nd half of the season and ours is pretty brutal. I honestly think you guys will go on a surge and force us to play better. I predict the division comes down to a 1 game difference at the end.

Had you guys beaten us last week, with the results this week there would only be one game between us with you owning the tie breaker. That's why last's weeks loss meant alot more to you guys. But I don't think your team is done challenging. If the Giants can't rebound next week against Cincy we are in all likelihood facing a 3 game slide. Crying or Very sad

"A lion roars in the darkness only he holds the key, a light to free me from my burden and grant me life eternally"
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're about to be 3 games up with 8 to go - I don't see Dallas doing better than 4-4 even with their schedule and Philly and Wash will finish sub. 500 IMO.

Sig courtesy of mack.
reckless123

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to know how many yards Redman had after contact. If you watch the game, we closed the lanes/gaps but we couldnt make that first tackle. I think we were better served playing vs mendenhall than redman or dwyer.

NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go figure friggin Redman produces against my team weeks after I cut him in fantasy Mad
Gmen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
Go figure friggin Redman produces against my team weeks after I cut him in fantasy Mad

Maybe this shows how much faith I have in our run defense, but once I found out Dwyer was out, not only did I pick him up in a money league, I also started him. Laughing

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Gmen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallas had a great opportunity to gain ground yesterday and they didn't do it. I really felt that Dallas was our biggest threat. But, with 5 losses they would need to be close to perfect for the rest of the season to dig their way out of this one. The Redskins and Eagles have far too many deficiencies defensively to be serious threats. The Eagles could make it interesting tonight with a win, but I don't think they're going far this year. Keep in mind that none of our division opponents have faced each other yet. So they are going to finish off the season beating each other up. Do you see any one of those teams sweeping the rest? I can't.

Stranger things have happened, but the Giants would need to really fall apart to lose the division. I think we beat Cinci next week and going into the bye at 7-3. Hopefully we get healthy and in sync on offense in that time and finish off the season strong.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
reckless123

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW guys, i dunno how many of you live in NY or NJ but i hope you, your families and friends are safe and alive following the Sandy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: