Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade Deadline Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tooki

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
Those QB stats are a bit misleading Wilson only gets 25 attempts on average we run the ball a lot i would also like to argue that our team doesn't really have a lot of weapons to throw to outside of Sidney Rice and possibly Baldwin if he can stay healthy.

That too. Plus looks at his more recent stats compared to earlier in the season.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:
Im done i really am. Osprey knows everything and what he says is what should happen. We mind as well make him head coach so we can go 16-0 and win the super bowl 15 straight years because he is amazing and knows all.

BOW TO OSPREY!!!!!!!

CanadianHawk75

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Russell Wilson, for many of the same reasons as a lot of you. High intelligence, work ethic, natural leadership abilities. He is somebody you want to root for, and someone who I believe his intelligence and work ethic will be able to overcome some of his deficiencies.

I also understand how many of you wanted Flynn to start. I also appreciate the fact that at this given point, a veteran may be able to take this team farther than a rookie QB. However, it is not simply plug in X and you get these certain results. There are many more factors that need to be considered outside of statistics, (not discounting their validity.)

I would like to reference the 49ers as a potential example of what i believe this situation to be like. Matt Flynn would have likely had a role similar to Alex Smith, as Pete even said he would have been restricting the offense at first with Flynn just as much as Wilson. I think our offense would look very similar to the offense of the 49ers with Flynn, because i believe Alex Smith to be a reasonable comparison.

But the one thing that is constantly talked about among 49ers fans is their lack of QB. Alex Smith puts up fantastic stats on paper, but they clearly do not tell the whole story as we have witnessed in that Thursday night game where he was restricted from throwing the ball in key situations after he proved he was incapable of making those plays. With Flynn you understand what you are getting for the most part, but Wilson has untapped potential, and it is not unrealistic to want to try and develop him to see if that potential will ever come out, or if he is never going to flourish. Regardless, it is a wasted third round pick if you don't see what you have in him and you draft a first round QB.

The 49ers, to a greater extent than the Seahawks, have the perfect supporting cast on both sides of the ball. But imagine what they would look like with a QB that is even marginally better than Alex Smith. You need to see if Wilson can provide that spark that can really move this team without all of the other parts working exceptionally.

Better to regret wasting a 3rd round pick on him and trying to develop him than regretting wasting a 3rd round pick and watching him tearing it up on another team.
bobob123

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:

Doubt it. I'd trade Flynn for Bowe. If we're not going to use him (which clearly we're not at this point) than I'd love to trade him straight up for a top 15 WR. That's a steal. Doubt we pull that off.

Although I am not a Bowe fan, we might as well trade Flynn. Like S.o.S said, Pete refuses to use him, so what's the point in keeping a $20 million backup. I've said for weeks now, that I expect us to use a late round pick on a QB, because there is no way we keep Flynn and his big contract, beyond this season. I'd rather trade him for a different receiver though, because Bowe would essentially be a rental, unless we could sign him long term. The funny thing is, when we do trade Flynn, I hope he turns into a star, essentially making Pete look like the arrogant fool that he is.

Who says Flynn will ever become a Star?,,, The Seahawks and the Dolphins were the only two teams that were even interested in Flynn during the offseason (seriously), and even the Dolphins weren't willing to give up a medium sized contract for Flynn and they even had Flynn's old Coach as their Head Coach.... I say Flynn was over hyped because of those two big games he put up with Green Bay, He came here to Seattle and couldn't even beat out a 3rd rd Rookie and that should tell you something about how poorly he has played in practice...

SaveourSonics wrote:

Hey, something we agree on. I will definitely be rooting for Flynn with his next team and I also hope he makes Pete look stupid with how well he plays.

I don't understand the spite for Carroll, We have a good team and should be at least 7-1 right now, but somethings have happened during this season rather it be the Coaching - Players - Game Planning or what ever, we still have a solid core of players that Pete & John have put together in only 2 1/2 seasons and we're only getting better.. as a fan base we should see what the 'Whole' season holds for this team before we call for the Head Coaches head...

We are 4-4 halfway through the 2012 season and that's about where I though we would be, now in the second half of this season we have 5 home games... and that will either make us, or brake us.....

"Guess what! I got a fever, and the only prescription, is MORE COWBELL!!" - Christopher Walken

Last edited by bobob123 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
NestlePureLife

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We aren't in a win now situation. We have a young team with lots of potential.

Wilson's played better and better every week. He's growing as a player in the exact way you want a rookie QB to grow.

I wanna see what he's capable of before we throw him under the bus for Flynn.

Its not like were making a deep playoff run with or without Flynn. We have holes at WR, LB and OL. Big holes.
NestlePureLife

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I'm seriously glad I don't live in Seattle, the media up there must suck a big one. This high and mighty we deserve the best attitude when we're barely 2 seasons removed from Kelly Jennings at CB and Julius Jones at RB.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NestlePureLife wrote:
And I'm seriously glad I don't live in Seattle, the media up there must suck a big one. This high and mighty we deserve the best attitude when we're barely 2 seasons removed from Kelly Jennings at CB and Julius Jones at RB.

Pete (really John) has been great as an architect, no one is refuting that. But as a coach, which is what his job title says he is, he's mediocre at best.
chpjns15

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
NestlePureLife wrote:

Pete (really John) has been great as an architect, no one is refuting that. But as a coach, which is what his job title says he is, he's mediocre at best.

And SoS has been incredibly negative recently. Try to take his pessimistic input with a grain of salt, until the hawks begin winning some away games, and make the playoffs. Laughing

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
NestlePureLife wrote:

And SoS has been incredibly negative recently. Try to take his pessimistic input with a grain of salt, until the hawks begin winning some away games, and make the playoffs. Laughing

No, these are no things that are going to go away even if we start winning and even if we get a playoff berth. There will still be factors holding this team back.
chpjns15

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
NestlePureLife wrote:

No, these are no things that are going to go away even if we start winning and even if we get a playoff berth. There will still be factors holding this team back.

I guess were all going to have to live with the new SoS Laughing

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
imani

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with SoS on all fronts, save wilson. This team has holes...period.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
NestlePureLife wrote:

I guess were all going to have to live with the new SoS Laughing

I like the new S.O.S. This one seems, smarter. Laughing
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:

I think most of my criticisms of the team are very fair. I can understand why some people don't get my criticisms of Wilson, but everything else are things that are really problems.

- I think everyone in here would agree to a certain extent that Red Bryant has been useless this year. He really does need to be replaced, which sucks considering he just got a big contract from us.

- Pete is a good architect, but not a good coach. I think this is fair. This comes down to staff decisions as well. Part of coaching is finding a staff that will do what you want, and we have two of the worst coordinators in the league on both sides of the football. That falls on Pete. Our consistently abysmal 3rd down defense falls on Pete. Our unbelievably conservative offense falls on Pete. Why? Because he's the head coach and he can tell either coordinator to "stop this" or "do that" whenever he wants.

Those are my two big gripes right now, among others. I don't see why anyone in here would be content with a currently mediocre team.
Tooki

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
imani wrote:

I think most of my criticisms of the team are very fair. I can understand why some people don't get my criticisms of Wilson, but everything else are things that are really problems.

- I think everyone in here would agree to a certain extent that Red Bryant has been useless this year. He really does need to be replaced, which sucks considering he just got a big contract from us.

- Pete is a good architect, but not a good coach. I think this is fair. This comes down to staff decisions as well. Part of coaching is finding a staff that will do what you want, and we have two of the worst coordinators in the league on both sides of the football. That falls on Pete. Our consistently abysmal 3rd down defense falls on Pete. Our unbelievably conservative offense falls on Pete. Why? Because he's the head coach and he can tell either coordinator to "stop this" or "do that" whenever he wants.

Those are my two big gripes right now, among others. I don't see why anyone in here would be content with a currently mediocre team.

My concern is that Pete is telling Bevell and Bradley to do what they are doing, and he is content with it because his mantra is ultra-conservative.

At least Gus Bradley acknowledged that he needs to mix up the coverages on 3rd downs. Lets see if he does anything about it.
Savage_Seahawks

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can you guys not like Bowe if he had an actuall QB you guys would be singing a different tune

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: