Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 9: Detroit Lions @ Jacksonville Jaguars 1PM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Jaguars
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
Lions
53%
 53%  [ 8 ]
Mike Thomas
33%
 33%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 15

charles shelton

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
charles shelton wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Arrow still pointing up for Blaine.

As for the team as a whole, not so much.

I just want to see how things go when the playcalling isn't so horrid at the start. At the beginning of the game, the D was putting a lot of hits on Stafford and he looked rattled. If Gabbert had been allowed to sling it at the start, maybe things would have been different.

go back and look at the play by play for the game. Gabbert was allowed to sling the ball at the start, it just doesn't work when guys drop balls & the o-line gives up sacks. it's less the playcalling & more the lack of talent up front and among the wrs imo.

No he wasn't.

then define slinging the ball, b/c to me, when more pass plays are called than running plays, that's slinging the ball imo. not slinging the ball, imo, is run, run, pass on 3rd and long, and that's not what I saw us do yesterday.

-charles
iPwn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charles shelton wrote:
then define slinging the ball, b/c to me, when more pass plays are called than running plays, that's slinging the ball imo. not slinging the ball, imo, is run, run, pass on 3rd and long, and that's not what I saw us do yesterday.

-charles
Slinging the ball would be taking shots with the intermediate and long throws with good regularity. Having the first three drives result in 7 passes, none of which went past ~5 yards downfield, is not slinging the ball (there was also a scramble and a sack). He had two and a half yards per completion before the last drive of the half that started with 29 seconds left.

That's not all on the play calling, but they do shoulder at least some blame for that.

The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
#JagsOnly
charles shelton

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
charles shelton wrote:

-charles
Slinging the ball would be taking shots with the intermediate and long throws with good regularity. Having the first three drives result in 7 passes, none of which went past ~5 yards downfield, is not slinging the ball (there was also a scramble and a sack). He had two and a half yards per completion before the last drive of the half that started with 29 seconds left.

That's not all on the play calling, but they do shoulder at least some blame for that.

well i'm not into enough to know what are checkdowns that can be blamed on sunshine and what are just conservative playcalls by the coaches. I do know that when your highly touted rookie wr doesn't come up with a reception on 3rd & short on the first series that it's kind of hard to get into an offensive rythm. that's not on the coaches..that's on blackmon.

either way..whether it's coaching, poor qb play, poor wr play, poor o-line play..it all falls on gene smith's shoulders. I look at this team and compare it to the team that collapsed in 2008 and it doesn't look better to me. In fact, in many aspects, it's looks at best, the same, or worse in other aspects. about the only things i can definitely say are better are the secondary & the punter.

-charles
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we can take shots downfield when people are open, thats pretty much it...

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo

Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
iPwn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Sure, but if the playcalling condenses the field, it makes it impossible to take shots downfield when they aren't expanding the routes to do it. We saw the same thing with this offense when Mularkey was running it in Atlanta, he condensed the field and Matt Ryan actually got branded Captain Checkdown by a lot of his detractors. Dirk Koetter (ironic, isn't it?) goes to Atlanta and all of a sudden, Ryan has completely shed that label.

The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
#JagsOnly
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Sure, but if the playcalling condenses the field, it makes it impossible to take shots downfield when they aren't expanding the routes to do it. We saw the same thing with this offense when Mularkey was running it in Atlanta, he condensed the field and Matt Ryan actually got branded Captain Checkdown by a lot of his detractors. Dirk Koetter (ironic, isn't it?) goes to Atlanta and all of a sudden, Ryan has completely shed that label.

it is incredibly ironic Laughing

Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo

Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: