Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 9: Seattle Seahawks vs Minnesota Vikings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tooki

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
For those that think this defense is still playing like a top 10 unit.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/80577/around-the-nfc-west-seahawks-rush-d

Quote:
The Seattle Seahawks have allowed an NFL-high 502 yards rushing over the past three weeks.

They have allowed 6.2 yards per carry over that span, easily the highest figure in the league (Oakland is second at 5.4).

I don't know what justification we have of still being a great defense.

Two games makes a team not.

If we keep giving up 5+ yards for another few games, then I'll pin the defense down.

imani wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
imani wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
imani wrote:
I've been hard on this defense lately as well, but it in no way mediocre. Definitely not elite, but still top 10...no doubt. Yes we gave up 200 yards on the ground, but we allowed less than 50 passing yards.

Let me repeat: We held a quarterback to less than 50 yards through the air. Tim Tebow has NEVER been held under 50 yards of production. Very Impressive

Why pass when you have AP who can just run all over the field? Holding Christian Ponder to 60 yards passing is sort of a feat... but I'd be happier if we were able to get running backs to unde 100 and force them to throw at our DBs. It seems pretty clear to me that teams are pretty happy to beat us with the run.

and how did that work for them?

We ended up forcing there hand by bringing 8 men in the box and leaving Sherm and Browner one on one.

So, in a strange twist, adrian peterson forced gus bradley to change to the scheme he should have been using all along?

I love it

Reason #245 of why Gus Bradley needs to go Very Happy. Seriously though, our lineman were getting behind the LOS but they weren't making the tackle. Those big runs came about due to incompetent tackling.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering how poor the run defense has looked, I really hope Bradley mixes things up. With how talented our corners are on an island and how much ground Earl can cover, there's no reason for us to EVER come out of 8 in the box unless it's 3rd and long. We should keep 8 guys in the box, go back to shutting down the run, and trusting our corners to just win matchups. I'm glad Bradley was true to his word and started blitzing more on 3rd down, but we should be blitzing more on the other downs as well.
CanadianHawk75

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else notice Osprey vanishes off the face of the earth whenever Russell Wilson has a good game Laughing

I think gap discipline is the major thing I see leading to those big runs we are giving up. Someone said it before but they are dead on when they said the guys need to stop all flowing to the ball automatically and stay where they are supposed to in case someone slips up.

KJ Wright was sorely missed on run D.
Tooki

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CanadianHawk75 wrote:
Anyone else notice Osprey vanishes off the face of the earth whenever Russell Wilson has a good game Laughing

I think gap discipline is the major thing I see leading to those big runs we are giving up. Someone said it before but they are dead on when they said the guys need to stop all flowing to the ball automatically and stay where they are supposed to in case someone slips up.

KJ Wright was sorely missed on run D.

Indeed. And I think that a strong leader on D will help a lot in getting guys to maintain their gap.
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick thoughts on the game:

1) Easily Bevell's best playcalling of the year. Consistently good plays being run. Even thought the bubble screens worked really well. Minnesota's defense helped our offense out, no doubt, but I liked the way Bevell mixed up the run and the pass to make for a balanced attack.

2) Run D was terrible. AP was a beast, made moves, made plays, but our tackling was college level. As SoS said, Earl got exposed. He covers a lot of ground, but he got caught trying to make big hits instead of solid tackles as did more than a few guys on our defense. That HAS to end. Guys need to wrap up first and foremost. F'n fundamentals.

3.) The injury to Harvin had a HUUUUUGE impact on the game. I hate seeing that, but outside of Harvin and AP the Vikes have very limited capabilities on offense.

4.) I liked the blitz calls and finally getting more pressure on the QB, now Bradley needs to start doing that on more than just 3rd down once in a while.

Nice win, nice grind it out mentality, great game for Russell, very accurate, but I still see some holes that need to be ironed out for the Jets game.
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
SwiftTexan wrote:
imani wrote:
I've been hard on this defense lately as well, but it in no way mediocre. Definitely not elite, but still top 10...no doubt. Yes we gave up 200 yards on the ground, but we allowed less than 50 passing yards.

Let me repeat: We held a quarterback to less than 50 yards through the air. Tim Tebow has NEVER been held under 50 yards of production. Very Impressive

Why pass when you have AP who can just run all over the field? Holding Christian Ponder to 60 yards passing is sort of a feat... but I'd be happier if we were able to get running backs to unde 100 and force them to throw at our DBs. It seems pretty clear to me that teams are pretty happy to beat us with the run.

and how did that work for them?

Well how well is it going to work when we play the Bears? If we let Matt Forte run for 150+ on 6ypg, do you think Jay Cutler is going to have 60 yards passing?

It was the second time in three games that Ponder has failed to reach the 60 yard mark passing - big whup! Our defense was soft and we're not going to win games playing like that.

What happens when we play teams who can run AND pass? Isn't that the object of playing good defense? The way our run D has played has got me worried that's all. If you bring 8 in the box and you still can't stop the guy from running - it's pathetic. It worked because Ponder is a scrub and their only receiving option was hurt... great win guys *slow clap*
Sacks98

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheoryofSeahawk wrote:

1) Easily Bevell's best playcalling of the year. Consistently good plays being run. Even thought the bubble screens worked really well. Minnesota's defense helped our offense out, no doubt, but I liked the way Bevell mixed up the run and the pass to make for a balanced attack.

2) Run D was terrible. AP was a beast, made moves, made plays, but our tackling was college level. As SoS said, Earl got exposed. He covers a lot of ground, but he got caught trying to make big hits instead of solid tackles as did more than a few guys on our defense. That HAS to end. Guys need to wrap up first and foremost. F'n fundamentals.

3.) The injury to Harvin had a HUUUUUGE impact on the game. I hate seeing that, but outside of Harvin and AP the Vikes have very limited capabilities on offense.

4.) I liked the blitz calls and finally getting more pressure on the QB, now Bradley needs to start doing that on more than just 3rd down once in a while.

Nice win, nice grind it out mentality, great game for Russell, very accurate, but I still see some holes that need to be ironed out for the Jets game.

I think its more on Wagner sure he got to Ponder once for a sack but Caroll named Wagner by name in the interview on 710AM yesterday he also sounds a little annoyed with the way his D is playing.
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
TheoryofSeahawk wrote:

I think its more on Wagner sure he got to Ponder once for a sack but Caroll named Wagner by name in the interview on 710AM yesterday he also sounds a little annoyed with the way his D is playing.

I think everyone is annoyed with the D. It's extremely dissapointing to watch that much success against us on the ground. Especially at home where the whole team (usually) plays better. If the Jets have success like that this week heads should roll.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
TheoryofSeahawk wrote:

I think everyone is annoyed with the D. It's extremely dissapointing to watch that much success against us on the ground. Especially at home where the whole team (usually) plays better. If the Jets have success like that this week heads should roll.

I agree, especially when Russell Wilson is busting his balls to get better and improve upon how he was at the start of the year.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Wilson continues to play like he did Sunday I'll be on the bandwagon.
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
If Wilson continues to play like he did Sunday I'll be on the bandwagon.
And then off it when he plays like garbage against the 'Fins in three weeks? Laughing

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
Shazor4

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defense starts playing bad just as the offense picks it up. Typical.

Adopt a Hawk - Russell Wilson - 252 / 393 64.1% 3118 Yards 26 TD 10 INT 94 ATT 489 YDS 4 TDs

The best QB on the Seattle Seahawks
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Quote:
Earl Thomas has a serious case of stone hands, but he's the only player on defense today that played with any intensity.

Browner and Wagner both disagree with you. Sherman was getting involved as well.

Earl Thomas had to respond with intensity, he got embarrassed multiple times.
Earl Thomas got embarrassed once after the front 8 got embarrassed first. I understand I'm probably the biggest ET supporter on the board, but the only real thing you can knock him for is not pulling down INT's.

Pick the 5 best open tacklers in the NFL and let AP sprint at them with no help. I doubt they're going to slow him down much either.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Quote:
Earl Thomas has a serious case of stone hands, but he's the only player on defense today that played with any intensity.

Browner and Wagner both disagree with you. Sherman was getting involved as well.

Earl Thomas had to respond with intensity, he got embarrassed multiple times.
Earl Thomas got embarrassed once after the front 8 got embarrassed first. I understand I'm probably the biggest ET supporter on the board, but the only real thing you can knock him for is not pulling down INT's.

Pick the 5 best open tacklers in the NFL and let AP sprint at them with no help. I doubt they're going to slow him down much either.

ET has never been a good open field tackler. He misses quite a few tackles, primarily as a result of taking bad angles. Given his size and the fact that he is a rangey cover safety, it's not a massive issue. His issue of not completing INT's (when he did it well in college) is a bigger issue at this point IMO.
lards

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shazor4 wrote:
Defense starts playing bad just as the offense picks it up. Typical.

yeah that sucks. imagine our defense from the Pacers game and the offense from last weekend. wouldnt have dropped easy games to the cards, rams, lions etc. Sad

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm being very objective...

twitter: @lards90

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 26 of 27

Jump to: