Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bengals #1 problem
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Bengals #1 problem Reply with quote

Is the running game, IMHO. While we have a lot of issues but the lack of a running game is really killing us. Not all of the blame should be put on BJGE, but I think the majority of it should. Brian Leonard, Bernard Scott (briefly) and even Mo Sanu (very briefly) can get bigger gains than the Law Firm.

BJGE is a 3rd down/Goal Line type of running back and nothing more. Yet we are using him as our "bell cow" back...
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, but I am not sure that it is the RB's fault. Our O line has been terrible in the run game. Cook being out hurts, but we are a bad run blocking team at this point

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Agreed, but I am not sure that it is the RB's fault. Our O line has been terrible in the run game. Cook being out hurts, but we are a bad run blocking team at this point

I agree but everyone looks better running the ball than BJGE. Leonard had some nice runs when we actually gave him some carries. I would make him the primary back at this point.

Also I hate to admit it but Whitworth has been terrible run blocking this season...
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

I agree but everyone looks better running the ball than BJGE. Leonard had some nice runs when we actually gave him some carries. I would make him the primary back at this point.

Also I hate to admit it but Whitworth has been terrible run blocking this season...

What game was it they were putting Whit at TE next to Andre Smith and just pounding the right side. That worked. But you know we are running it when that happens

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff Faine is the biggest problem with the run game. He is too weak for the power DT's and too slow for the speed DT's.

I agree BJGE is limited and should only be the lower portion of a platoon, but I think Faine is the bigger issue. Hopefully Cook is back to 100% next year and we get somebody like Ed Lacey in rd 2 in the draft.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
Jeff Faine is the biggest problem with the run game. He is too weak for the power DT's and too slow for the speed DT's.

I agree BJGE is limited and should only be the lower portion of a platoon, but I think Faine is the bigger issue. Hopefully Cook is back to 100% next year and we get somebody like Ed Lacey in rd 2 in the draft.

Agreed. But I am not sold on Lacy until I see some times. The dude runs behind 5 potential first/second round picks on that oline.
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:

Our center has been terrible in the run game, the rest of the O-line hasn't been bad.

The other thing that hurts is with Scott out we have no break away threat. Long runs help the average a lot, and BJGE just doesn't get enough (any) to make up for the times he gets tackled for loss.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:

Agreed. But I am not sold on Lacy until I see some times. The dude runs behind 5 potential first/second round picks on that oline.

There isn't a back in this draft that I think can be our #1. There are good change of pace backs. Draft 2 backs this year. One in the first 3 rounds and 1 later. Redo our backfield

INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:

There isn't a back in this draft that I think can be our #1. There are good change of pace backs. Draft 2 backs this year. One in the first 3 rounds and 1 later. Redo our backfield

I'd definitely take two backs this year and be rid of Scott. I'd take a shot on Barner out of Oregon to be the speed back. Not sure if there is a pure #1 RB left this year with Lattimore out of it. I also wouldn't mind signing a free agent like Mcfadden to be the lead back. Dude has struggled in a ZBS but excels in a power running scheme.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
THE DUKE wrote:

I'd definitely take two backs this year and be rid of Scott. I'd take a shot on Barner out of Oregon to be the speed back. Not sure if there is a pure #1 RB left this year with Lattimore out of it. I also wouldn't mind signing a free agent like Mcfadden to be the lead back. Dude has struggled in a ZBS but excels in a power running scheme.

I agree on both accounts. I love Barner as a speed back and possible KR. Getting McFadden would be fantastic. I doubt it is realistic but he would be great

INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could happen. i doubt Oakland keeps him if they stay in that scheme. It all comes down to benjamins in the end.
futbudds

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I think about it the more i'm ready to move on from Marvin. Great coordinator but can't get the job done with Brownie looking over his shoulder. Naturally Brownie is our #1 problem in my opinion.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

futbudds wrote:
The more I think about it the more i'm ready to move on from Marvin. Great coordinator but can't get the job done with Brownie looking over his shoulder. Naturally Brownie is our #1 problem in my opinion.

But who can? Showing Marvin the door only works if the next guy is better. I am not convinced that HC is out there, and if he is, would ever consider coming here under Mikey.
futbudds

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
futbudds wrote:

But who can? Showing Marvin the door only works if the next guy is better. I am not convinced that HC is out there, and if he is, would ever consider coming here under Mikey.

Maybe Katie could stage a coup?
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get this.

Teams whose build the offense around the running games tend to suck. Look at todays QBs. The yards and touchdowns that are being thrown for. This is a passing league. You score the most points by throwing the ball.

You guys have the best receiver in the game; the most dangerous weapon since prime Randy Moss. Your biggest problem is always going to be that he is not getting the football enough. You think BJGE is the reason you guys are 3-5? He isn't a factor in your offense, good or bad. Your offense is built to run through A.J. You have a decent offensive line, a small, speedy wide out in Hawkins, some big bodied guys in Sanu and Jones, and a possession guy in Gresham. And of course, you have A.J. Andy Dalton is the "problem". He has played well for himself for times, but even in his good games, it is so true. I am not being some AJ homer, either. I meant it when I sat it

Though your O.C's. inability to get Green the ball enough (idk about #s, most games he gets 1, or 2 max, looks in the red zone. He gets 1, or 2 max, deep balls thrown. Unacceptable) is a huge problem, nobody caps your teams offensive potential moreso than your Q.B. His audibles in games never seem to work. He stares down receivers quite frequently. He throws ball far too soon on way too many plays (does't wait for the play to develop). He can be grossly inaccurate. He is a game manager who is over performing thanks to the ridiculous talent he throws to.

I tell you, if the Cincinnati Bengals had a real field general; an intelligent, tall, cannon armed pocket passer, they would be unstoppable. Had Peyton Manning signed with you guys, you would have the leagues best offense. Dalton is a poor mans Drew Brees, playing an offense based around his limitations. If you gus could grab a real legitimate thrower, a qb who could match Greens talent, you would instantly become a top 3 team in the AFC.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: