Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Romeo Crennel removes himself as the Chiefs' defensive coord
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
simonwayne

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYGiantsman10 wrote:
Crennel...Daboll...Quinn...why so many ex-Browns on the Chiefs?

Don't forget Hillis who has been terrible this year. Our franchise is being modeled after the CLEVELAND BROWNS. Man, what more do I even need to say. Laughing
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PantherDE90 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
NYGiantsman10 wrote:
Crennel...Daboll...Quinn...why so many ex-Browns on the Chiefs?
Because it worked so well the first time.

You can have Chud too

Give him back to us!

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
lionslicer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He should have fired himself as head coach and went to defensive coordinator.
coors

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He had to do it.. nobody else would have been strong enough to be able to remove him on their own, not even a guy as strong as Dontari Poe.

(yea, yea, yea... I did just crack a fat joke...)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:
He had to do it.. nobody else would have been strong enough to be able to remove him on their own, not even a guy as strong as Dontari Poe.

(yea, yea, yea... I did just crack a fat joke...)

He's probably doing it to avoid the criticism that would come his way once Haley's offense kills Kansas City's defense. Romeo can wash his hands clean while pointing the finger at Gibbs.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lionslicer wrote:

How often do you see people volunteering a paycut and lower position in the same company?

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
On one day GM Scott Pioli has seen two decisions he has made this offseason (Romeo Crennel promoted as HC while retaining the DC position.....and Stanford Routt signed as the slap-in-the-face replacement for Brandon Carr) exposed as failures.

Pioli's built a fine roster, but look at all the IMPORTANT/MAJOR decisions

HC-Haley, not as bad as people think, but didn't fit with Pioli so it was a failure
QB-trade for Cassel, enough said
1st round-T.Jackson at #3. The funny thing about this is that Tyson has pretty much met expectations. This has to be the only top 10 pick in history where that has happened, yet it excites nobody and he's not an impact player, which is what you want in a top 10 pick.
HC-Romeo, enough said.
FA-elects not to sign a promising young CB before he got too big, then wouldn't fork over the dough, cuz he's too cheap even though they could afford it and needed him.
1st round-Berry...an obvious pick who made the pro bowl, but was injured and is now no being used alot at LB.
1st round-Baldwin, a promising target who nobody knows about for sure cuz Pioli won't address QB or...
OC-which has been a revolving door of failures.

Should this man still have a job?

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
tom cody

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crennel's so much better as a DC. Should have stepped down as coach and focused himself solely on being Defensive Coordinator.
TKOhitter8737

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tom cody wrote:
Crennel's so much better as a DC. Should have stepped down as coach and focused himself solely on being Defensive Coordinator.

Question why would he step down as a head coach, and stay to be the DC. IF that was going to happen wouldnt he rather go to a team that can win like New England. The fans up here would love to have him back.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
On one day GM Scott Pioli has seen two decisions he has made this offseason (Romeo Crennel promoted as HC while retaining the DC position.....and Stanford Routt signed as the slap-in-the-face replacement for Brandon Carr) exposed as failures.

HC-Haley, not as bad as people think, but didn't fit with Pioli so it was a failure
1st round-T.Jackson at #3. The funny thing about this is that Tyson has pretty much met expectations. This has to be the only top 10 pick in history where that has happened, yet it excites nobody and he's not an impact player, which is what you want in a top 10 pick.
HC-Romeo, enough said.
FA-elects not to sign a promising young CB before he got too big, then wouldn't fork over the dough, cuz he's too cheap even though they could afford it and needed him.
1st round-Berry...an obvious pick who made the pro bowl, but was injured and is now no being used alot at LB.
1st round-Baldwin, a promising target who nobody knows about for sure cuz Pioli won't address QB or...

Tyson Jackson has not hit expectations for a #3 overall pick by any stretch of the imagination.

Want to see what a top 10 5-tech is supposed to look like? Take a gander over there in Houston.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

HC-Romeo, enough said.

See that is where you are wrong. Of course, KC fans like to paint the illusion of this top 10 talent roster. Or maybe it's their own dissolution.

2009:
Tyson Jackson
Alex Magee
Donald Washington
Colin Brown
Quinten Lawrence
Javarris Williams
Jake O'Connell
Ryan Succop

After the 3 year litmus test, congrats.... Pioli drafted a solid kicker. Jackson was a reach and nothing more than a role player.

2010:
Eric Berry
Dexter McCluster
Javier Arenas
Jon Asamoah
Tony Moeaki
Kendrick Lewis
Cameron Sheffield

Here is where the dissolution begins. Berry was a probowl ALTERNATE, but KC fans labeled him proven right away. Good rookie year, looks poor off injury.

McCluster - Bounced around positions, now a WR. Role player, nothing special.

Arenas - Decent nickel CB and return guy, nothing more.

Asamoah - Coming on as a solid G.

Moeaki - Had a solid, not spectacular rookie year and KC fans went GOD mode on him (likely because of 1 one handed TD catch). Looks poor this year.

Lewis - Another overrated role player. Liability on defense, but KC fans crowned him.

Sheffield - Just a guy.

2011:
Jon Baldwin - Overrated. Blame the QB, but the guy struggles to get open. Disappointing WR to this point that KC fans can't shut up about.

Hudson - Injured.

Houston - Steal. Great pass rusher.

Bailey - Ho hum.

Brown, Stanzi, Miller, Powe, Bannon - Nothing to speak of here except Stanzi and the thinking he can play NFL QB, he can't even beat out the bums in KC.

So in summary the roster Pioli built is a myth. 24 draft picks and outside Houston, not a real game changer among them. Most are not even fringe role players. A few look good in spots, but have overall remained average at best.

So where is all the Pioli talent? I'm not seeing it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really hope Crennel gets the axe. He'd be a great DC hire for the Titans if we could pull him.

skywindO2 wrote:
Never spit it out. Always power through it.
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

Jackson was a reach and nothing more than a role player.

Arenas - Decent nickel CB and return guy, nothing more.

Asamoah - Coming on as a solid G.

Lewis - Another overrated role player. Liability on defense, but KC fans crowned him.

2011:
Jon Baldwin - Overrated. Blame the QB, but the guy struggles to get open. Disappointing WR to this point that KC fans can't shut up about.

Hudson - Injured.

So where is all the Pioli talent? I'm not seeing it.

SO I only listed the ones you I disagree with from you post. Especially I disagree with the 'role player' label for starters. You know anyone reading that whom doesnt know better (and I believe you do know better) would think role player means coming off the bench in a rotation.

Jackson is the starter and easily plays the majority of snaps. He is a strong run defender - not really a disruptive defender though. His contributions come mostly from freeing Houston up for sacks/pressures or DJ/Belcher for TFL's. Just because his talent is not flashy doesn't mean it isn't important. He is the anchor of this defense IMO.

Arenas is moving outside in place of Routt so he is now a starter. Mostly just an accuracy fix here as I don't completely disagree on this players assessment. This move actually gives him an opportunity to change his perceptions though.

Asamoah started the season really poorly. Was on skates. He's got all that worked out now though and is playing very very well. Starter and talent.

Lewis being listed as a role player was really lame. He's a starter and good player. I wouldn't define him as one of the 'talents' of the roster nor would I contend he's got much more of a ceiling than he's reached - but he's on the next tier meaning starter and contributer. Role player label on his is really misleading just as much as any Chief fan trying to "crown him".

Baldwin does not struggle to get open. Where is this coming from? He's a big talent that admittedly has not materialized on the field. Assailing his production thus far is fair and a big indictment to the coaching staff and Baldwin but this doesn't remove him as being listed as talented. Tons of big talents in the NFL have failed to realize their potential and while I hope that isn't the way the story ends with Baldwin - I also don't think it means he has no talent.

Hudson listed as injured is true - he's on IR. But you should have added more info. He's deserved of the 'talent' label for sure - he was starting at C (and playing very well - actually thought he was play best of all OL before getting hurt).

Now this years crop hasn't quite had enough time to show anything yet. I'd say Poe is quite talented though and would be considered in that talent assets list quite fairly. Allen (LG) was playing horribly and I'm not sure what he is yet - same with Stephenson (OT).

I'll add one name that has been quite surprising: Defensive end Ropati Tituatopa (butchered I'm sure but I'm not going to look it up). Can't list him in the talent group quite yet. Physically he's a serious beast but it doesn't mean he's a football talent. He has played a lot with Dorsey down lately and he's been flashing.

Look, I'm no Pioli fan and think his days are numbered deservedly.. but I do dig accuracy and to say there's less talent (or more talent as the persepctive may be from others) than is really the case needs clarity and needs honest answers.

I'm an honest Chiefs fan.

(note I didn't fight for DMC - and have said as much in other threads that he is no special player and not deserved of being considered part of this teams talent. That pick should have been Gronk or Spikes!)

Edit: just realized how off topic this - sorry. Crennel was forced to move. Listen to how he worded it. Said there is a PERCEPTION he doesn't care about the offense. He said he did this to change that perception but it's clear he doesn't believe that perception was true. Very dysfunctional!
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0
dante9876

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^ You can be a starter and still known as nothing more than a role player.
lionslicer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
lionslicer wrote:

How often do you see people volunteering a paycut and lower position in the same company?

Never, and people who should do that usually make bad decisions that cost their company money.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: