Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offense/run game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Offense/run game Reply with quote

Let me preface this by saying I don't think we should stop trying to run the ball. Eventually someone will shutdown the pass and we have to be able to run. BUT, does anyone else feel running the ball puts us in a huge hole and kills drives? I just feel like anytime we run,nits more likely we loss2-3 yards than gain 4-5. How many times have we been 2nd and 12 or 3rd and 11 because we can't run the ball? Matt's having a great year but he isn't perfect, and can't save the drive every time. If something doesn't change I think it's going to come back and bite us in the you know what
swoosh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turner does not have the explosion/burst anymore and the OL gets virtually no push. It's just asking for a trouble. How many times have you seen Turner be hit behind or at the LOS? Turner is still a quality RB, but not with this line. In the offseason, a back who has good burst needs to be added to this roster. Love Turner, but it's just not a good fit anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
Turner does not have the explosion/burst anymore and the OL gets virtually no push. It's just asking for a trouble. How many times have you seen Turner be hit behind or at the LOS? Turner is still a quality RB, but not with this line. In the offseason, a back who has good burst needs to be added to this roster. Love Turner, but it's just not a good fit anymore.

My sentiments exactly. Only thing is the oline NEEDS to be improved before we get a RB. RBs emerge out of nowhere every season, I dont think we would have trouble obtaining one. A quality RB right now is a luxury, the oline is a priority. Lets try and get our run game to a respectable level first.
tech2186

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need another Guard on this line. Konz needs to be moved to center and another Guard needs to be added in the draft. A RB can be gotten in the 4th or later rounds. Maybe even 3rd if it's a guy that has great potential. But the run game has improved slowly. We need to be able to threaten with the run so our passing game stays solid. And I think we are doing that.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry, you guys will get the run game back on track next Sunday. Turner will likely put up 80 yards in the first quarter alone Laughing

Adopt-A-Saint:
Kenny Vaccaro 28 Tkls 2 PD 1 SCK
Ben Watson 9 Rec 64 Yds
kja92

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garrett Reynolds was placed on IR. Sucks that he ended his season like that but im sure Konz will step in his place and develop nicely for us.
adam9

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kja92 wrote:
Garrett Reynolds was placed on IR. Sucks that he ended his season like that but im sure Konz will step in his place and develop nicely for us.

Garrett Reynolds will never start at RG for the Atlanta Falcons again. I think Manley has a good shot at overthrowing him, or we could potentially draft a C or RG early and let Konz play the other. I would honestly like to see this next year assuming McClure retires.

LT- whoever is best, Baker is a FA but he played well so an extension wouldn't be bad if it was a cheap one. Holmes/Svitek could be a strong plan B

LG- Blalock

C- Konz/Hawley/draft pick

RG- Manley/Konz/Hawley/draft pick

RT- a tough one, Clabo has sucked so I say give Reynolds/Johnson/Holmes a chance. Clabo was elite a few years ago, maybe he figures something out

A lot of questions going into next year, but I like what we have. Holmes could potentially start at LT or RT, I kind of seeing us let go of Baker as sucking 2 out of 4 years for the team who traded up to pick you in the first is not really impressive. Also Konz and Hawley are wildcards. I think Konz is a guaranteed starter and Hawley has a chance to. Both can play C and RG but Konz is better IMO. Would like to see us not have to draft an OL early as we have other worries.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: