Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WH's GM Mock 2013 v.1- Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 121, 122, 123  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have until 1am eastern time. (Expired)

Anyone seeks for DE or LT help?

I have Tamba Hali and Branden Albert.

The return for Hali is up in the air.

Branden Albert should worth 2nd round pick and a player or a late round pick.

Last edited by quietjetsket on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRADE
Rams acquire:
Jake Long LT
Miami 2nd
Miami 3rd

Dolphins acquire:
Rams 1st

Reasoning for Rams:
While I recognize that Long has not been the same elite LT of the past this year(and last year), I think he can be in the right scheme. He's dealt with some nagging injuries the last couple years and is out of place this year in the ZBS but the Rams run a PBS and have one of the best OL Coaches in the business. We need to improve our OL and adding Long as Bradford's blind-side protector goes a long way towards doing that. Saffold will shift to RT(he's looked great this year at LT when he's played) and Sam should have great protection on the outside.

We also realize that Long's contract is short term but we have the cap room and flexibility to extend him.

I feel this deal works out well for both sides.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Desperado82

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami approves of the trade.

^^^Deadpulse
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:

Think you can land LT in the first round?
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
TRADE
Rams acquire:
Jake Long LT
Miami 2nd
Miami 3rd

Dolphins acquire:
Rams 1st

Reasoning for Rams:
While I recognize that Long has not been the same elite LT of the past this year(and last year), I think he can be in the right scheme. He's dealt with some nagging injuries the last couple years and is out of place this year in the ZBS but the Rams run a PBS and have one of the best OL Coaches in the business. We need to improve our OL and adding Long as Bradford's blind-side protector goes a long way towards doing that. Saffold will shift to RT(he's looked great this year at LT when he's played) and Sam should have great protection on the outside.

We also realize that Long's contract is short term but we have the cap room and flexibility to extend him.

Shocked Jeeeezzzus!

^^Kiltman^^
Ace5 wrote:
OH GOD ITS ALL OVER THE WALLS.
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
TRADE
Rams acquire:
Jake Long LT
Miami 2nd
Miami 3rd

Dolphins acquire:
Rams 1st

Reasoning for Rams:

Shocked Jeeeezzzus!

I think it's a pretty solid deal. I really had to think on what I was willing to offer. This was a bit higher than I planned but I figured it was worth it to try and protect Bradford who has shown he can be a great QB with solid protection.

Truth of the matter is that Desperado is probably getting a slightly better side of this deal considering the Dolphins seem more and more unlikely to bring Jake Long back after this year since he's been pretty average in their ZBS and just isn't a good fit. Plus, he's going to command a huge contract to re-sign.

Some might think I'm getting a better deal based on Long's name but like the Darren McFadden deal I made earlier, this is one of those deals where I'm taking a guy who isn't doing well in a new system and hoping he can return to form in a system he better fits.

The big kicker for this deal is that I'm going to have to pay Long a good deal of money to lock him up. Which is why I cut a good deal of cap room by moving Mikell and Jackson. Plus the Rams already are slated to have a huge amount of cap space in the upcoming seasons.

All in all, it made sense for both sides. Desperado got a premium pick for a player who isn't in their future plans.(plus Miami had an extra 2nd and 3rd and I had an extra 1st)

quietjetsket wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

I'm thinking Miami will move forward with Jonathan Martin at LT but could be wrong.

WizardHawk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
TRADE
Rams acquire:
Jake Long LT
Miami 2nd
Miami 3rd

Dolphins acquire:
Rams 1st

Reasoning for Rams:

Shocked Jeeeezzzus!

I think it's a pretty solid deal. I really had to think on what I was willing to offer. This was a bit higher than I planned but I figured it was worth it to try and protect Bradford who has shown he can be a great QB with solid protection.

Truth of the matter is that Desperado is probably getting a slightly better side of this deal considering the Dolphins seem more and more unlikely to bring Jake Long back after this year since he's been pretty average in their ZBS and just isn't a good fit. Plus, he's going to command a huge contract to re-sign.

Some might think I'm getting a better deal based on Long's name but like the Darren McFadden deal I made earlier, this is one of those deals where I'm taking a guy who isn't doing well in a new system and hoping he can return to form in a system he better fits.

The big kicker for this deal is that I'm going to have to pay Long a good deal of money to lock him up. Which is why I cut a good deal of cap room by moving Mikell and Jackson. Plus the Rams already are slated to have a huge amount of cap space in the upcoming seasons.

All in all, it made sense for both sides. Desperado got a premium pick for a player who isn't in their future plans.(plus Miami had an extra 2nd and 3rd and I had an extra 1st)

quietjetsket wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

I'm thinking Miami will move forward with Jonathan Martin at LT but could be wrong.

Ya know, it's a high price to pay, and tho too high, imo, I could see it after what you said.

^^Kiltman^^
Ace5 wrote:
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Martin.. I totally forget about him... damn it.
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking to move Sidney rice and Matt Flynn pronto.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:

Ya know, it's a high price to pay, and tho too high, imo, I could see it after what you said.

Yea, it definitely is a high price but I think the stability it'll add to my OL will make it worth it. The Rams have neglected helping Bradford out for too long. In this mock, I want to focus on adding some pieces to stabilize the offense and give Bradford the help he deserves.

WizardHawk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:

Yea, it definitely is a high price but I think the stability it'll add to my OL will make it worth it. The Rams have neglected helping Bradford out for too long. In this mock, I want to focus on adding some pieces to stabilize the offense and give Bradford the help he deserves.

I really thought they had two already in place with Smith and Saffold. I liked both of them coming out of college, expecially Saffold. Guess this is why I'm not a scout or GM. Laughing

^^Kiltman^^
Ace5 wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Rams got great value.

They get a proven LT, a 2nd, a 3rd, and still have the 1st rounder from the Redskins.

As for Miami, they have Martin still and get another 1st rounder.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Nobody cares about Big Brother III...
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:

I really thought they had two already in place with Smith and Saffold. I liked both of them coming out of college, expecially Saffold. Guess this is why I'm not a scout or GM. Laughing

Smith didn't have the desire or toughness. Not something you can see well on film.

Saffold looked elite against SF in his return. His issue has been health. It's mainly why I made the move. Saffold's issue isn't play. Boudreau worked with him a lot on improving his anchor and defense against the bull rush and it's worked wonders thus far. He's always been a good run blocker too. So he should be excellent on the right-side, it's just hard to keep a guy at LT who you can't trust to stay healthy.

WizardHawk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:

Smith didn't have the desire or toughness. Not something you can see well on film.

Saffold looked elite against SF in his return. His issue has been health. It's mainly why I made the move. Saffold's issue isn't play. Boudreau worked with him a lot on improving his anchor and defense against the bull rush and it's worked wonders thus far. He's always been a good run blocker too. So he should be excellent on the right-side, it's just hard to keep a guy at LT who you can't trust to stay healthy.

Yep.

At the time I thought STL had really set themselves up for the future. Two "solid OTs" already in place and a solid QB coming in who wouldn't have to worry about the pass rush coming of the edges.

^^Kiltman^^
Ace5 wrote:
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:

Yep.

At the time I thought STL had really set themselves up for the future. Two "solid OTs" already in place and a solid QB coming in who wouldn't have to worry about the pass rush coming of the edges.

We all hoped but being a Rams fan, you're used to disappointment. Laughing Crying or Very sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 121, 122, 123  Next
Page 19 of 123

Jump to: