Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 134, 135, 136  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
Kyle Long OL Oregon - Here is the guy I think Im really drawn too. He has everything we want in our lineman; massive size, powerful, athletic, extremely versatile, and a ton of untapped potential. He could be LG, RG or RT for us right away, and with everything you see he could grow into an NFL LT.

I want to get this straight, Lane Johnson cannot play RT effectively but you think Kyle Long is going to have no issues?
Yes, I absolutely think Long is a better RT prospect than Lane, but I never said he wouldnt have any issues. Long's pure functional strength is much better than Johnson's, and if you cant see thant then you have blinded yourself so much by Lane that we need not to continue any of these conversations.

Its also an attitude then, Johnson is not soft by any means at all, but he is a try-hard/technical run blocker, where as Long has a Nastiness and attitude to his play.

Not correct. And Kyle Long is the exact same size as Lane Johnson.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
Kyle Long OL Oregon - Here is the guy I think Im really drawn too. He has everything we want in our lineman; massive size, powerful, athletic, extremely versatile, and a ton of untapped potential. He could be LG, RG or RT for us right away, and with everything you see he could grow into an NFL LT.

I want to get this straight, Lane Johnson cannot play RT effectively but you think Kyle Long is going to have no issues?
Yes, I absolutely think Long is a better RT prospect than Lane, but I never said he wouldnt have any issues. Long's pure functional strength is much better than Johnson's, and if you cant see thant then you have blinded yourself so much by Lane that we need not to continue any of these conversations.

Its also an attitude then, Johnson is not soft by any means at all, but he is a try-hard/technical run blocker, where as Long has a Nastiness and attitude to his play.

Never said anything about their size. You are now so blinded by your love of Lane you cant accept that he might have weekness' in his game. He is not this perfect Tackle prospect that you are now elevating him to be.

As I said, its a Functional Strength & attitude thing. Long has shown the ability to move around interior Lineman. He was doing it at the Senior Bowl game, pushing around DTs while Johnson was getting stood up by OLBs like Michael Buchanan & Sio Moore.
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:

Never said anything about their size. you are so blinded by you love of Lane you cant accept that he might have weekness' in his game. He is not this perfect Tackle prospect that you are now elevating him as.

As I said, its a Functional Strength & attitude thing. Long has shown the ability to move around interior Lineman, He was doing it at the Senior Bowl game, pushing around DT while Johnson was getting stood up by OLBs like Michael Buchanan & Sio Moore.[/quote]

I can't accept that he has weaknesses...except I've acknowledged every weakness he has. But lacking an attitude and nastiness? Bull. The guy finishes his blocks through the whistle and is consistently hitting someone even if it will have no outcome on the play. He plays physically and definitely has an attitude out there.

As for getting stood up by Buchanan and Moore...not true. You might be able to point to a couple plays where it happened but I could also find plays where Long got driven back or stood up. Johnson dominated the guy he was lined up against in the Senior Bowl. And he also looked damn good this year on film. Had some lapses due to technical errors that will be fixed but aside from that, there weren't any glaring holes in his game.

Just needs to continue to grow and fill out his frame.

DerekBrink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Kyle Long as a mid round prospect. If we can't get one of the top LT prospects I'd have no problem taking Long in the third round.

Am I the only one bummed that we likely won't get Warmack at 16? Getting Warmack at 16 and Long in the third would improve our line talent a ton and still leave us with a 1st and 2nd to address WR and safety.
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DerekBrink wrote:
I really like Kyle Long as a mid round prospect. If we can't get one of the top LT prospects I'd have no problem taking Long in the third round.

Am I the only one bummed that we likely won't get Warmack at 16? Getting Warmack at 16 and Long in the third would improve our line talent a ton and still leave us with a 1st and 2nd to address WR and safety.

The only one bummed that we won't get the best Offensive Guard to come out in God knows how long? Yep I think you are. Smile
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DerekBrink wrote:

Im not going to fight this battle every time it comes up, but this notion is just getting out of hand.

People having him going at #7 or #10 in every mock they do now? Im sorry, interior lineman just dont go that high. The first time the positional value and the player value starts to be a plus for a team to take them is normally around 20. And even with the new "best Guard prospect ever" that Plus Value only comes at around 14.

Im not saying that he will be there, because I have no clue, but to say things such as "likely wont be there for us" is just getting ridiculous at this point. With 2 maybe 3 QBs going (something no one wants to admit) probably 3 OTs now, 8 Defensive Lineman who could go in the Top 15, plus 2-3 more Rush OLBs, and a pair of CBs. That right there is 20 guys (including Warmack) who are obvious options for those first 15 picks in front of us. Thats not even including the reach/major surprise that is bound to happen (probably a WR, maybe Vaccaro)

Even if he was a real option @ 10, (doubt it) thats only 6 picks ahead of us, its not like there is no chance he could make it to us. Its not like he is starting to be projected at 10, and our first pick is 22 and we are praying he falls (you know the same thing that happened with DeCastro last year?)
Jonezy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugh I can't stand seeing us taking Keenan Allen every mock I look at (by "Professionals") In an ideal world for me we would have Warmack at 16, and or Vaccarro or Austin at 22.

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
ugh I can't stand seeing us taking Keenan Allen every mock I look at (by "Professionals") In an ideal world for me we would have Warmack at 16, and or Vaccarro or Austin at 22.

Keenan Allen is a better prospect than either...
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more and more I watch game highlights and re-watch the senior bowl practices/game, the more and more I'm impressed with Jonathan Cyprien...

He seems like he is gonna be an absolute steal for someone. He's got the whole package, just needs some refining...

He's quickly becoming my favorite safety prospect in this draft...

IDOG_det on the sig...
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
The more and more I watch game highlights and re-watch the senior bowl practices/game, the more and more I'm impressed with Jonathan Cyprien...

He seems like he is gonna be an absolute steal for someone. He's got the whole package, just needs some refining...

I agree with this.

Oh and Jrry, I think Tony Softli likes Terrance Williams more than you do Laughing
iRaMs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:

I agree with this.

Oh and Jrry, I think Tony Softli likes Terrance Williams more than you do Laughing

No way that is possible. Laughing

keepnitgangsta1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:

Weird, I had the exact same feelings watching him play.

My NFL Draft Thread
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Cyprien is very intriguing, though little game film is available to view. Was impressive at senior bowl
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
Jonezy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Top 5 WR'S

1. Cordarrelle Patterson
2. Tavon Austin
3. Kennan Allen
4. Markus Wheaton
5. Justin Hunter/Terrance Williams

Sorry DEE lol, but I think Patterson is an absolute animal and freak. If we take a WR in the 1st I'd much rather Patterson or Austin but I won't cry if we get Allen.

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Keenan Allen
2. Terrance Williams
3. Tavon Austin
4. Markus Wheaton
5. Da'Rick Rogers

That's my top 5 right now. Tough choice for #5. Patterson, Hopkins, Patton and Hunter were in the running.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 134, 135, 136  Next
Page 53 of 136

Jump to: