Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

You Hear It First: Hip Hop & R&B
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are people so scared of Chief Keef? Laughing
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lyrics had nothing to do with why I didn't like that song, granted they were probably terrible, but I could barely understand what he was saying anyway.

It was just garbage in every single way. Would make a decent instrumental, but nothing else went right.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0insnap wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:
c0insnap wrote:

Chief Keef - Kobe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ossSWj17Jnk

I know ya'll don't like stuff like this for some reason. But forget the lyrics, this song gets me hyped up.

That sucked. In a lot of ways.

Because you guys only like nerd rap. Obviously the kid isn't lyrical, but a lot of his songs get me hyped up. It's music to workout to or bump in the car before you go out.
Nerd rap. Laughing

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
c0insnap

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just music, if people classifying it as "Hip-Hop" bothers you... then simply don't classify it that way. The production usually bangs and his voice and flow go perfectly with it. That's all it is, I barely even know what this kid is saying half the time. I can say the same thing for Slayer and Korn as well, though. Call it what you like but if you can't understand the appeal then you're just being tight-laced or maybe you're just annoyed that Asher Rother, Lupe Fiasco or whoever else you probably like isn't being played on the radio.

Beast
RashaanSalaami

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0insnap wrote:
It's just music, if people classifying it as "Hip-Hop" bothers you... then simply don't classify it that way. The production usually bangs and his voice and flow go perfectly with it. That's all it is, I barely even know what this kid is saying half the time. I can say the same thing for Slayer and Korn as well, though. Call it what you like but if you can't understand the appeal then you're just being tight-laced or maybe you're just annoyed that Asher Rother, Lupe Fiasco or whoever else you probably like isn't being played on the radio.

Or you just don't like that type of music.

I can understand the appeal of Transformers too, but that doesn't mean I'll like it or respect it.
Chiefer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0insnap wrote:

Exactly.

Who cares? I like Kendrick, Lil B, Pac, Gucci, it's just music. People get too [inappropriate/removed] and like to hate because it doesn't fit their definitions for music.
1King

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
c0insnap wrote:

Exactly.

Who cares? I like Kendrick, Lil B, Pac, Gucci, it's just music. People get too [inappropriate/removed] and like to hate because it doesn't fit their definitions for music.

Irony

Also this is a discussion thread, to talk about various artists, songs, projects and ask questions about those things to either become aware of a new artist/song/project or to gain insight into them. I don't know why people get so defensive when people ask "why do you like ____________"

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
PackerFanDan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PHillysPHinest2 wrote:
c0insnap wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:
c0insnap wrote:

Chief Keef - Kobe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ossSWj17Jnk

I know ya'll don't like stuff like this for some reason. But forget the lyrics, this song gets me hyped up.

That sucked. In a lot of ways.

Because you guys only like nerd rap. Obviously the kid isn't lyrical, but a lot of his songs get me hyped up. It's music to workout to or bump in the car before you go out.

Intelligence is a highly underrated quality.

I listened to Chief Keef and ScHoolboyQ and all I have to say is wow. I mean how are people cool with this sort of degenerate music? The record labels have literally taken any shred of enlightening or cognitive thought and thrown it in the trash. Do you remember the group Naughty By Nature? They were Hip Pop but still dope. Do you remember Big Pun? How can people even call this Hip Hop? If you have to say the F word more than once in a song you should just start over and rethink your message. In the song THere He Go by ScHoolboy Q he has 2 bars where he says it probably 6 or 7 times. Seriously people tell me, let me know what I am missing! How can anyone consider this good music?

It's good to have variety. Q himself has a lot of variety in his music too. He has a good flow and great charisma on the mic, he's a really good rapper who makes fun music.

Just like you can't understand why people listen to artists like keef I can't understand how people can listen to the same rhymesayers wannabe rappers with the same flow all the time. It's good to have a variety imo.

The best rappers are the ones who are able to make meaningful music and still appeal to the mainstream at the same time. Pigeonholing yourself into one sub genre of rap is doing yourself a disservice.

And check out this song, kendrick kills it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9bsJ7oGokg

Also, q and keef aren't even CLOSE to the same kind of rapper and they don't make similar music at all.
PackerFanDan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That real hip hop is rapping about rap over knockoff premier and dilla beats.

Maine rap all the way.
11sanchez11

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of Rhymesayers, Need a Knot and F*ck Your Stuff.
thrILL!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackerFanDan wrote:

Maine rap all the way.

Nah, that real rap is making endless albums about your mommy issues and how your PMS medicine is keeping you from killing your girlfriend.

Amari Cooper for Heisman - 71 rec. 1132 yds, 9 TDs
PackerFanDan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrILL! wrote:
PackerFanDan wrote:

Maine rap all the way.

Nah, that real rap is making endless albums about your mommy issues and how your PMS medicine is keeping you from killing your girlfriend.

Hit a nerve I see.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Why are people so scared of Chief Keef? Laughing

He is like YG...dude is far from professional and all hood
yep get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PHillysPHinest2 wrote:
Good as in personally good or as in rapping skill? Because I did listen to more than just that one song and he did not display skill on the mic. I did my due dilligence and listened sir, I thought about what he said and came away with a feeling of "What the hell was I supposed to get out of that wasted 4 minutes?" Every time. Hip Pop just gets worse and worse every day. Please let me know what I'm missing. Enlighten me, I would love to be proved wrong.

If you dont find any of songs I list below good, your standards are simply too high and you have to realize that the golden age came and went...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es4GsPfsxEM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulpz5jI26ZI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUyfkK-GHC8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV5fqGSIa1U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8444diyKIk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9bsJ7oGokg
yep get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
c0insnap

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:
c0insnap wrote:

Or you just don't like that type of music.

I can understand the appeal of Transformers too, but that doesn't mean I'll like it or respect it.

But I love all types of music. Even if you don't care for it, fair enough, but people in this thread go out of their way to take shots at these types of artists. Personally, I think J-Cole is the most boring rapper on Earth right now, but he's talented and I understand his appeal, so I don't really knock him. I probably listen to more "Hip-Hop" than anyone here, but there's nothing wrong with Trap Music (or whatever you wanna call it) every now and then.

I can't see how anyone couldn't put that Kobe song on and not nod their heads and feel like a boss. That's the point of that type of music, IMO.

Beast

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 16 of 100

Jump to: