Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers place rookie LB Perry on I.R; Activate TE Quarless

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Packers place rookie LB Perry on I.R; Activate TE Quarless Reply with quote

Quote:
#Packers placed rookie LB Nick Perry on injured reserve. Packers activated TE Andrew Quarless off the PUP list to take his roster spot.

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/266306930564280320
Tom Brady Tribute
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is their pass rush gone now?
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
jfinley88

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:

Perry split the job with Walden. They'll be no drop off with the loss of Perry.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

Not to mention Worthy, Neal, and Daniels have all played a part in getting interior pass rush this year. Our defense as a hole is much better at rushing the passer than it was a year ago. We'll be fine without Perry as long as Walden continues to play at the level he has.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Without Matthews and Perry? Yeah pretty much, nobody else is better than average or ok and that's with both of those other guys in the game. Though I think our offense should be better with Quarless back.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

Didn't you say your pass rush was 100x better this year than last because perry disnt allow offenses to put so much attention on clay?

Not sure if walden started last season, I think he did. And you guys were saying that's why clay was having a bad season and a major upgrade was needed?

new sig... sorry alex
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
Didn't you say your pass rush was 100x better this year than last because perry disnt allow offenses to put so much attention on clay?

Not sure if walden started last season, I think he did. And you guys were saying that's why clay was having a bad season and a major upgrade was needed?

We've been getting good pressure on the QB without Perry for weeks now. Clay's "down" season was more due to the defensive line in front of him and the fact we had no one to push Walden. We did need an upgrade over Walden, he is at best a role player.

Sig brought to you by Justo
Ketchup

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:

We've been getting good pressure on the QB without Perry for weeks now. Clay's "down" season was more due to the defensive line in front of him and the fact we had no one to push Walden. We did need an upgrade over Walden, he is at best a role player.
Let me just be the one to say that Clay didn't have a down season last year. His sack numbers were down but he posted elite pressure numbers and became even better in the run game while maintaining his great coverage skill. He actually probably had his best season last year.

As for Perry, it sucks we lost him but we was a role player on this team in his young age. He was progressing nicely but was splitting time with Walden before he got hurt. He'll be missed of course because he's a young pass rusher with high potential but it is what it is.

Last year Walden was just not a very good player. This year he's come back and impressed. He took splitting time with Perry and made the most of that situation. Since Perry went down in week 6, Walden has been fairly good. Losing Clay is what hurts. Without Clay, our pass rush falls apart. We have some nice role players to feed off Clay but without the diamond of our defense, things may get ugly.

Kempes on the custom sig!
.flash

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walden has played well but there is no way you can replace Perry's pass rush talent with Walden. With CM3 out for the time being, we don't have a pass rush...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, some of the above posts are underrating what Perry brought as a pass rush this season. Walden may not be as lost in coverage as Perry is, but when was the last time we saw him run through an OT like Perry has displayed?
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green90 wrote:
when was the last time we saw him run through an OT like Perry has displayed?

He doesn't have to. We've been fine without Perry - last we saw him was vs Houston. Perry could turn into one of the players the Packers can't afford to lose down the road but he has been part of a rotation(Walden did get quite a bit of time, but Moses did get snaps here and there as well). We also activated Zombo the other day, who has played well in spots in the past(IE the Super Bowl).

Sig brought to you by Justo
Green90

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
Green90 wrote:
when was the last time we saw him run through an OT like Perry has displayed?

He doesn't have to. We've been fine without Perry - last we saw him was vs Houston. Perry could turn into one of the players the Packers can't afford to lose down the road but he has been part of a rotation(Walden did get quite a bit of time, but Moses did get snaps here and there as well). We also activated Zombo the other day, who has played well in spots in the past(IE the Super Bowl).

Yes we have been fine without him, but we are still better with him in the lineup. Walden may be better at other parts of his job, but he does not bring the pass rush that Perry does. It is an extreme, and I mean extreme, rarity to see Walden straight up beat his blocker (Guard or Tackle). A very large part of the pressures he has gotten have come from schemed blitzes or overloads.

With Matthews out we take a huge blow to our pass rush. He may or may not be back after the bye week, but I'd be far more comfortable with Perry in the lineup if Clay had to miss some time. Hell, Moses is a better rusher with just his speed and bend than Walden is.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn he was one of those guys i really wanted in J'ville but hoped would have a great year in GB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: