Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Run DMC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Run DMC Reply with quote

I believe he is free agent this offseason, and now that Oakland runs a ZBS doesn't seem to be producing. Given our holes all over the field, would it be wise to throw a little coin at Mcfadden and use high draft choices on defense, then draft a replacement for Scott on day three? I like the idea of DMC and Balmer as the change of pace guy.
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been unimpressed with him as a pro. He hasn't consistently produced and most importtantly if your bringing in a vet, he always seems to have some nagging injuriy. I'd rather start fresh with one or two clean guys from the draft.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beck Bristow wrote:
I've been unimpressed with him as a pro. He hasn't consistently produced and most importtantly if your bringing in a vet, he always seems to have some nagging injuriy. I'd rather start fresh with one or two clean guys from the draft.

Me too. And since this team is going to end up in the top 10 again most likely, draft one there or high second round. And most importantly, fix the offensive line. It's a worse problem than the RB.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
Beck Bristow wrote:

Me too. And since this team is going to end up in the top 10 again most likely, draft one there or high second round. And most importantly, fix the offensive line. It's a worse problem than the RB.

But there are no first rounders out there. The earliest we could afford to go RB is the third round. With the holes at LB, S, and possibly oline, I might try rolling the dice on him for a mid-level contract. If he rotates with the 3rd down back and BJGE, he MIGHT stay mor ehealthy. I know Oakland fans would beg to differ.
Carson4MVP

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need a great RB or a great QB in order to take the next step. This team would be much more competitive had we drafted Doug Martin over Kirkpatrick. Dalton has his flaws and while he may be able to win against bad teams, he isn't the type of QB who is going to carry us to victory. I understand our history of drafting RB's hasn't been great besides Corey, with this team as is, you need a dominant RB. While I don't think DMC is top 5-7 in the league, he is miles ahead of what we have. I wouldn't mind if we got him, but would rather grab one in the draft.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Run DMC Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
I believe he is free agent this offseason, and now that Oakland runs a ZBS doesn't seem to be producing. Given our holes all over the field, would it be wise to throw a little coin at Mcfadden and use high draft choices on defense, then draft a replacement for Scott on day three? I like the idea of DMC and Balmer as the change of pace guy.

Don't know what the actual stats are, bur it seems like he's always injured. That won't do in the AFCN......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: