Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Falcons release DE Ray Edwards
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tech2186

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

falcfan4life wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
falcfan4life wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
falcfan4life wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
GrimeyKid wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Wow, so kroy starting and Sudbury backing him up?

probably massaquoi since sidbury plays the right side

Yes your right. But sometimes Abe lines up on both sides. Regardless I like the move. Let these young guys get a shot. This is a young man's game

Edwards is 27

Yes but 27 isn't so young in the NFL. Especially at his position. John Abe is a very rare case. And his best NFL years are def behind him. We got 3 younger De's who deserve a shot for once.

27 is pretty much considered your prime

Not really in the NFL. Most of these guys come in at ages 20 to 22. The average NFL career is like 3yrs? Most won't even make it to 27. You only hear about the rare cases cases but most guys won't last till 27. Its pretty clear Edwards prime was when he we 24 and 25

Ok i get that, but lets talk about the ones that do make it. The rare cases are the players that come in and are immediate stars(Von Miller, JPP). The average player it takes about 2 to 3 years to really get good which would be about 24 or 25. At 27 a dropoof would not be expected by any player of any position. These dropoffs happen because fo injuries or scheme change. Other than running back no significant dropoff should happen until about 31-33. At 27, if he was good he would still be good.

I agree to a certian extent. If you are really good, you should be good (barring injury) as long as you are in the league especially through age 27; however, most average guys, like Edwards, will have there prime come a bit earlier, as he did. His prime was 23-25. Maybe evern 26. I am talking about most guys tho. THe starters we see that are 27 and older are freaks and basically some of the best athletes out there that's why they are still starting over these younger guys coming in.

27 is a great age in the NFL is all im saying. 24~28 you probably should be playing your best football. his age didNT hurt his production, he was jus no good.

I feel you

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
adam9

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read an official report saying the play time Edwards was getting will be split with Biermann getting more and Matthews and Massaquoi getting some to prove themselves.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
Just read an official report saying the play time Edwards was getting will be split with Biermann getting more and Matthews and Massaquoi getting some to prove themselves.
What about Sid? I can't see this not effecting him, him and Abe are both Pass Rushers you gotta think they're gonna get to lineup together now

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
GrimeyKid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
adam9 wrote:
What about Sid? I can't see this not effecting him, him and Abe are both Pass Rushers you gotta think they're gonna get to lineup together now

Him too. But sid is on the right side. so hes getting out there. Kroy Cliff and J Mass gonna be on the left

2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: