Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Roethlisberger has sprained shoulder and dislocated rib
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SoCalNiner


Moderator
Joined: 13 Nov 2007
Posts: 22725
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooooooo...... he's good for Sunday then?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kmvoss


Joined: 27 Aug 2010
Posts: 2223
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This really sucks. PIT/BAL clashes are easily the biggest games of the regular season for me and Ben being out will definitely take most of the fun out of any win we get.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 16514
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmvoss wrote:
This really sucks. PIT/BAL clashes are easily the biggest games of the regular season for me and Ben being out will definitely take most of the fun out of any win we get.


No Ben, Ray, Troy, Brown, or Webb. Is Mendenhall playing?

Lots on injuries going into this one and you would assume that number will go up after...
_________________
skywindO2 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Should see some Orlovsky vs Manziel this week in the battle of "who's less aware of their surroundings"

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
STLRamsFan99


Joined: 17 Aug 2012
Posts: 1340
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that his injury is similar to Amendola's injury. Amendola has come back from injuries quickly and this injury took him a month, will be tougher for a QB too.

Roethlisberger will have to deal with a lot of pain throwing until it fully heals.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GBPACKMAN4LIFE


Joined: 17 Dec 2007
Posts: 17854
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette/status/268774483849003008

#Steelers Ben Roethlisberger has a rare rib injury that could kill him by pressing against his aorta. Too big risk. Has to wait until heals

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette/status/268774612714795008

#Steelers Roethlisberger said today it's so rare that the last time dr. told him it occurred was with rugby player in 1998

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette/status/268774764422758400

#Roethlisberger's rib is partially dislocated and of more concern than the shoulder. Don't look for him to play in awhile. #Steelers
_________________

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LondonBengal


Joined: 07 Feb 2010
Posts: 3323
Location: London, England, UK
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
kmvoss wrote:
This really sucks. PIT/BAL clashes are easily the biggest games of the regular season for me and Ben being out will definitely take most of the fun out of any win we get.


No Ben, Ray, Troy, Brown, or Webb. Is Mendenhall playing?

Lots on injuries going into this one and you would assume that number will go up after...


Ray/Ladarius out for BAL, Ben/Troy out for PIT; sounds about even to me.

Looking forward to the usual slugfest between these two, and as a Bengal fan, want bouth games to be ties.......

After watching Sanders fake injury play in the PIT v CIN game, I can't help thinking Bens' injury is also fake and wouldn't be surprised to see him line up Sunday.
_________________
" Democracy is a system where two idiots can out-vote a genius..........."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nihc


Joined: 13 Sep 2011
Posts: 3355
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.
_________________


2014 Adopt-a-Patriot - Dominique Easley
Tackles: 0 | Sacks: 0 | QB Hits: 0 | TFL: 0 | Fumble Recoveries: 0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Steelerspower


Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Posts: 7742
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will Harbaugh get a Gatorade bath this weekend if the Ravens win?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steelcurtain29


Moderator
Joined: 04 Oct 2007
Posts: 34928
Location: Monongahela, PA
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to see Ben for awhile. His injury is actually extremely severe. One bad hit right now and his life is legitimately at risk.

With the speed we have an WR, I like Leftwich's chances to hit the home run balls. If the line can continue to create chances for the backs, I can see us finishing 10-6 or 11-5 with a playoff birth. Just got to hope the defense doesn't collapse. Leftwich isn't going to be able to save us like Ben does.
_________________
3DS Friend Code
4038-6129-7897
Pokemon X
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanSlim


Joined: 19 Aug 2010
Posts: 2670
Location: NC
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:
https://twitter.com/EdBouchette/status/268774483849003008

#Steelers Ben Roethlisberger has a rare rib injury that could kill him by pressing against his aorta. Too big risk. Has to wait until heals

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette/status/268774612714795008

#Steelers Roethlisberger said today it's so rare that the last time dr. told him it occurred was with rugby player in 1998

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette/status/268774764422758400

#Roethlisberger's rib is partially dislocated and of more concern than the shoulder. Don't look for him to play in awhile. #Steelers


Man that's crazy and scary. Hopefully it heals properly.
_________________
Adopt A Titan

Zach Brown-Injured (Out for Year)
Taylor Thompson-2 rec, 24 yards, 0 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 7336
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
I assumed it was, but looking into it more Dixon was on the Raven's PS earlier this year. Could be that he was re-signed so that the Steelers couldn't get information on the Ravens offense from him instead of vice versa...


Yeah Dixon was on the PS for most of the season but got cut a week or so ago. I'm assuming that's the biggest reasoning for Baltimore bringing him back but who knows how big of a deal that actually is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38129
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
I assumed it was, but looking into it more Dixon was on the Raven's PS earlier this year. Could be that he was re-signed so that the Steelers couldn't get information on the Ravens offense from him instead of vice versa...


Yeah Dixon was on the PS for most of the season but got cut a week or so ago. I'm assuming that's the biggest reasoning for Baltimore bringing him back but who knows how big of a deal that actually is.


Wait, Dennis Dixon is PS eligible?
_________________

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 7336
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
I assumed it was, but looking into it more Dixon was on the Raven's PS earlier this year. Could be that he was re-signed so that the Steelers couldn't get information on the Ravens offense from him instead of vice versa...


Yeah Dixon was on the PS for most of the season but got cut a week or so ago. I'm assuming that's the biggest reasoning for Baltimore bringing him back but who knows how big of a deal that actually is.


Wait, Dennis Dixon is PS eligible?


Apparently. I was really surprised to find that out myself. That's where he's back at now too. If the Steelers really wanted to get any information out of him they could just sign him off the Ravens practice squad to their active roster so it's not much of a blocking tactic.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 14277
Location: Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
they desperately need him to beat Baltimore


A win over Baltimore would be fantastic, but if we don't win I don't think the season is over.

The loss of Ben Roethlisberger is huge. But the Steelers have a favorable schedule in reach.

7 games, and 4 more wins. I think we can manage that. Leftwhich is a fine QB, but we'll really need the defense to step up to win.

lets see where it goes, but I'm not pessitimistic by any standards for the regular season this year.
_________________

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
ShooterMcGavin


Joined: 23 Jul 2012
Posts: 1525
Location: Pittsburgh
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, that is extremely scary to read. Looks like Leftwich will be unleashed over these next few weeks (and potentially rest of season).
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group