Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jimmy Johnson Says Cowboys are a Country Club
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Northland

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Jimmy Johnson Says Cowboys are a Country Club Reply with quote

See the attached article. Discuss.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000091657/article/jimmy-johnson-dallas-cowboys-now-a-country-club
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure sounds like Jimmy has some sour grapes. I thought he was over all this stuff, and "he was just tired of being the bad guy'. Sure not tired of doing the media circuit and ripping Jerry.
mco65

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much ado about nothing.
I like Jimmy, I mean what Cowboy fan doesn't? When you see stuff like this you have to know the source. This is not a DIG at Jerry and the Cowboys as much as it is a bit of advice aimed at Garrett... I don't think anyone wants Jason to succeed more than Jimmy.. however I think he would prefer he succeeded some place other than Dallas. The problem is, if Garrett doesn't succeed in Dallas, he may not get another chance to.. at least not at the Head Coaching level!
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mco65 wrote:
Much ado about nothing.
I like Jimmy, I mean what Cowboy fan doesn't? When you see stuff like this you have to know the source. This is not a DIG at Jerry and the Cowboys as much as it is a bit of advice aimed at Garrett... I don't think anyone wants Jason to succeed more than Jimmy.. however I think he would prefer he succeeded some place other than Dallas. The problem is, if Garrett doesn't succeed in Dallas, he may not get another chance to.. at least not at the Head Coaching level!

Garrett's mismanagement of games has already proven that he isn't fit to be a head coach. He was thrust into that role well before he was ready.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
mco65 wrote:
Much ado about nothing.

Garrett's mismanagement of games has already proven that he isn't fit to be a head coach. He was thrust into that role well before he was ready.

I agree - it certainly appears to be "on the job training" - then again Ozzie is a pretty darn good GM (think we can agree on that) and he wanted Jason to be their HC a few years prior to us making him ours. Jerry knew he couldn't hold on to Jason much longer as an OC/AHC and when he let Wade go, it was really his only option if he wanted to keep Jason in Dallas.

Was there a better option?

Sig courtesy of mack.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
mco65 wrote:
Much ado about nothing.

I agree - it certainly appears to be "on the job training" - then again Ozzie is a pretty darn good GM (think we can agree on that) and he wanted Jason to be their HC a few years prior to us making him ours. Jerry knew he couldn't hold on to Jason much longer as an OC/AHC and when he let Wade go, it was really his only option if he wanted to keep Jason in Dallas.

Was there a better option?

Was there a better option? That's a hard question to answer. It's a damned good question, though. We know that Jim Harbaugh was looking to come to the NFL, but no one knows if he would've been interested. We also know that Jeff Fisher was mulling over the idea of coming to Dallas, as was Mike Holmgren due to their respective connections to Jerry, but what we don't know is how strong any of their levels of interest were. The bigger - and in my opinion, better - question to ask is, "did we guage the respective levels of interest of other potential candidates or simply anoint Garrett because he was already here?"

Northland wrote:
mco65

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry knew that Garret was going to be his HC the moment he hired him to be the OC.. it was just a matter of time..

I think Jerry wants Jason to succeed badly because he can say, see "i know what I am doing, I hired Jason Garrett... "
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Jerry said yesterday that he was pleased with the offensive line play after they gave up 7 sacks and that Doug Free played stellar in the second half... Jimmy words look quite prophetic.

The only thing I can really compare this idiocy to would be if Jerry's daughter went on a year long bender of heroin and meth, unprotected freakiness, STDs, and multiple abortions and then to have Jerry say I'm really pleased with her decision making over the past year.

PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
When Jerry said yesterday that he was pleased with the offensive line play after they gave up 7 sacks and that Doug Free played stellar in the second half... Jimmy words look quite prophetic.

The only thing I can really compare this idiocy to would be if Jerry's daughter went on a year long bender of heroin and meth, unprotected freakiness, STDs, and multiple abortions and then to have Jerry say I'm really pleased with her decision making over the past year.

Come on Man, thats a bit of stretch dont you think??? But your right, Jerry should have kept his mouth shut but we all know he cant do that. Our recent drafts have gotten better and I would think going into the off season that the FO has to agree that the O Line should be our number 1 concern in the off season. Is there any stud O lineman that will be free agents after the season? hopefully get one there and add another 1 ( 1st or 2nd round) in the draft. I dont think its a good idea to grab 2 rookies and put them in the starting lineup
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:

In other words, she'd move to Pahrump, NV for a year.

Northland wrote:
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PincheJimmy wrote:
Is there any stud O lineman that will be free agents after the season? hopefully get one there and add another 1 ( 1st or 2nd round) in the draft. I dont think its a good idea to grab 2 rookies and put them in the starting lineup

OT Jake Long, Miami
OG Andy Levitre, Buffalo

Those are the only two really notable free agents whom I'm aware of. I'm not sure if either of them will even hit the market, but both would be worth considering.

Northland wrote:
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
PincheJimmy wrote:
Is there any stud O lineman that will be free agents after the season? hopefully get one there and add another 1 ( 1st or 2nd round) in the draft. I dont think its a good idea to grab 2 rookies and put them in the starting lineup

OT Jake Long, Miami
OG Andy Levitre, Buffalo

Those are the only two really notable free agents whom I'm aware of. I'm not sure if either of them will even hit the market, but both would be worth considering.

Pretty sure Buffalo's other OG Urbik is a FA this year too. He'd be a solid option as well

Bob Sturm wrote:
If you expect me to stop rooting against Philadelphia, their fans, or their football team, then lower your expectations. It won't happen.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didnt he say this like ~2-3 weeks ago?

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few points.

1. Unless Sean is ACTUALLY available, I don't think Redball is in danger of losing his job, nor do I believe Jimmy thinks that.
2. To piggy off point 2, this could be a motivational move from Jimmy. He has been known to do this from time to time.
3. This really should not surprise anyone. It was a culture Tuna has to break up and a culture that INSTANTLY came back with Wade. I think it's being broken up again, but not to the level it needs to be.
4. Jimmy really needs to be in the ROH.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
mco65

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
4. Jimmy really needs to be in the ROH.

Two chances that ever happens;
fat
slim

Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: