Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Franchise QB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 10096
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:
Darbsk wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:
Please do not compare Palmer to Brady...are you high?

Palmer would be laughed all the way to Bill's bench as he is turnover prone has been in Cincy and is here.

Don't point to Cassel's fluke year in New England, because had some decent years as a Chief too.

You have to be kidding.
I was thinking the same thing, but i was too embarrassed for him to say it. Embarassed

If Palmer was on the Patriots, Mallet would be starting.


You would start Ryan Mallet over Carson Palmer Confused

I think you just disrespected your own intellect


Palmer would be a hometown hero if he didn't cost us a 1st. The dude lays it on the line and gives us his all every week, apologizes to the fans, takes all of the blame, is a great leader and has an awesome attitude, but there's literally nothing he can do to earn Raider fans respect other than win a Super Bowl.


+1
I don't expect a super bowl but how about a winning record at some point in his tenure as a Raider?


Thanks for proving my point
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tacos


Joined: 13 Jan 2011
Posts: 1171
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:

IMO Palmer is way to similar to Drew Bledsoe and Bill would prefer to bring the guy off the bench who can be molded(IE Tom Brady) instead of sticking with a old dog.
Yeah, I don't think Mallet will be their guy but I understand your point.

I'm worried that since Carson is getting older and he's throwing so damn much this year that he might get injured again or start to lose that arm in general.

Bit off topic but I actually don't think I'd mind a good #1 receiver with our first pick if there are any. Our defense is going to most likely be [inappropriate/removed] no matter who we draft in the first and this draft is stacked with pass rushers anyway.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 10096
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's not Rodgers, Manning or Brees, not many are. But if we build an even decent team the way it's supposed to be built around him then we can go far with him. We can't expect him, or anyone really to win when the opponent scores 38, 42 or 55 points on a weekly basis.
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 10096
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kirk Cousins Question

Washington wasted one of the better QB's in the draft IMO. Hopefully they trade him one day.
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 12148
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:

I don't expect a super bowl but how about a winning record at some point in his tenure as a Raider?


Yeah, b/c he's the reason we gave up 55 last game or however many it was. LOL. People who hate Palmer are just..... silly.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
macklemore


Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Posts: 1425
Location: Seattle, WA
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:
Please do not compare Palmer to Brady...are you high?

Palmer would be laughed all the way to Bill's bench as he is turnover prone has been in Cincy and is here.

Don't point to Cassel's fluke year in New England, because had some decent years as a Chief too.

You have to be kidding.


If you give Palmer an elite offensive line, elite TE, elite slot WR and a good running game he would be a hall of famer just like Brady. Why do you think Palmer put up great stats when he was younger? Because he had elite WR's. Where would Aaron Rodgers be without his talented group of WR's? Certainly not in the MVP discussion. Do you think Peyton Manning would have put up the same numbers if he threw to DHB and Louis Murphy instead of Wayne and Harrison?

Cassel decent as a chief? Please dont ever post here again, JTagg is a better poster then you.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 10096
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:
Please do not compare Palmer to Brady...are you high?

Palmer would be laughed all the way to Bill's bench as he is turnover prone has been in Cincy and is here.

Don't point to Cassel's fluke year in New England, because had some decent years as a Chief too.

You have to be kidding.


If you give Palmer an elite offensive line, elite TE, elite slot WR and a good running game he would be a hall of famer just like Brady. Why do you think Palmer put up great stats when he was younger? Because he had elite WR's. Where would Aaron Rodgers be without his talented group of WR's? Certainly not in the MVP discussion. Do you think Peyton Manning would have put up the same numbers if he threw to DHB and Louis Murphy instead of Wayne and Harrison?

Cassel decent as a chief? Please dont ever post here again, JTagg is a better poster then you.


In Rodgers case, he has been throwing to Cobb and Jones the majority of this year, however, I do agree with the rest of your post though, other than maybe the HOF'er statement haha that's very bold and I don't have the nads to make that assumption.
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S


Last edited by OakRaiders3828 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 12148
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:
Please do not compare Palmer to Brady...are you high?

Palmer would be laughed all the way to Bill's bench as he is turnover prone has been in Cincy and is here.

Don't point to Cassel's fluke year in New England, because had some decent years as a Chief too.

You have to be kidding.


If you give Palmer an elite offensive line, elite TE, elite slot WR and a good running game he would be a hall of famer just like Brady. Why do you think Palmer put up great stats when he was younger? Because he had elite WR's. Where would Aaron Rodgers be without his talented group of WR's? Certainly not in the MVP discussion. Do you think Peyton Manning would have put up the same numbers if he threw to DHB and Louis Murphy instead of Wayne and Harrison?

Cassel decent as a chief? Please dont ever post here again, JTagg is a better poster then you.


Palmer already has the WRs and TEs needed to get things done. The rest though, you're right. I don't know if I'd go HoFer but he's got a lot of potential. I believe Rodgers would be just fine w/ a less talented group of WRs much like Brady has had continued success w/ almost dog crap as a WR crew. Manning also would put up great numbers w/ those guys. He did great in 2010 w/ Blair White and Pierre Garcon whom I think Bey and Murphy are better than.... although Wayne obviously helped there but I don't think the drop off would've been that detrimental.

I can't say I agree w/ telling someone not to post though. A difference of opinions make this place thrive. And thanks for the vote of confidence albeit seeming like a subtle attack Smile
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oak42069


Joined: 08 Apr 2009
Posts: 2114
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
oak42069 wrote:
Palmer is the future. Ranked 1st in yards in the AFC of all QBs

Ranked #3 in the entire NFL with no running game , likey or not ....like


That's because he has no running game. When you're throwing it so much, you're gonna get the volume stats. His completion percentage is average, his yards/attempt is average as well. Those are the efficiency stats.


I'd expect average when you have the o line and run game he has, but IMO he's been above average this year. The fact that he's one of the least sacked QB'S with one of the worst o lines is really a credit to him. (I believe he's 21st or something like that)


yup, def playing above par. u gotta take your hat off to him, he is solid
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oak42069


Joined: 08 Apr 2009
Posts: 2114
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:

I don't expect a super bowl but how about a winning record at some point in his tenure as a Raider?


Yeah, b/c he's the reason we gave up 55 last game or however many it was. LOL. People who hate Palmer are just..... silly.


+1

exactly, he is a leader, a classy guy off/on the field and has put the team in position to get more then just a few wins this year half way through the season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darkness


Joined: 24 Jun 2012
Posts: 7753
Location: CA
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacos wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:

IMO Palmer is way to similar to Drew Bledsoe and Bill would prefer to bring the guy off the bench who can be molded(IE Tom Brady) instead of sticking with a old dog.
Yeah, I don't think Mallet will be their guy but I understand your point.

I'm worried that since Carson is getting older and he's throwing so damn much this year that he might get injured again or start to lose that arm in general.

Bit off topic but I actually don't think I'd mind a good #1 receiver with our first pick if there are any. Our defense is going to most likely be [inappropriate/removed] no matter who we draft in the first and this draft is stacked with pass rushers anyway.


With all of our other needs? You can't be serious...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chali21


Joined: 07 Feb 2007
Posts: 3176
Location: Cali
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:
Please do not compare Palmer to Brady...are you high?

Palmer would be laughed all the way to Bill's bench as he is turnover prone has been in Cincy and is here.

Don't point to Cassel's fluke year in New England, because had some decent years as a Chief too.

You have to be kidding.


If you give Palmer an elite offensive line, elite TE, elite slot WR and a good running game he would be a hall of famer just like Brady. Why do you think Palmer put up great stats when he was younger? Because he had elite WR's. Where would Aaron Rodgers be without his talented group of WR's? Certainly not in the MVP discussion. Do you think Peyton Manning would have put up the same numbers if he threw to DHB and Louis Murphy instead of Wayne and Harrison?

Cassel decent as a chief? Please dont ever post here again, JTagg is a better poster then you.


Brady has a good team around him, that's why they are Super Bowl contenders. Rodgers makes his recivers better Manning as well. But both aren't the only reason their teams are playoff bound, they are big reasons but not the only reason. Right now Palmer is the best thing about this team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCOUGHMAN


Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 14929
Location: Stockton via East Palo Alto
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
oak42069 wrote:
Palmer is the future. Ranked 1st in yards in the AFC of all QBs

Ranked #3 in the entire NFL with no running game , likey or not ....like


That's because he has no running game. When you're throwing it so much, you're gonna get the volume stats. His completion percentage is average, his yards/attempt is average as well. Those are the efficiency stats.


this.
_________________


green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you


Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dmac505


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 777
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
oak42069 wrote:
Palmer is the future. Ranked 1st in yards in the AFC of all QBs

Ranked #3 in the entire NFL with no running game , likey or not ....like


That's because he has no running game. When you're throwing it so much, you're gonna get the volume stats. His completion percentage is average, his yards/attempt is average as well. Those are the efficiency stats.


this.


but when all you do is throw, teams play D to prevent it. Making it tougher... so as you said his completion percentage is average as well as yards per attempt.... and he is in the toughest position possible. Always playing from behind, with no running game = Lots of pressure from the D cause they no we arent running
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 12148
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
oak42069 wrote:
Palmer is the future. Ranked 1st in yards in the AFC of all QBs

Ranked #3 in the entire NFL with no running game , likey or not ....like


That's because he has no running game. When you're throwing it so much, you're gonna get the volume stats. His completion percentage is average, his yards/attempt is average as well. Those are the efficiency stats.


this.


But he's exceeding your expectations for the most part. Stats don't tell the whole story regardless.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 3 of 30

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group