Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Franchise QB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGH

Seeing as you oppose Palmer. Tell me who the Raiders should roll w/ at QB in 2014. What option do you think improves the position?

Answer that.

meaaah see. ill answer no questions copper seeee. meaaaah. talk to my lawyer seee Laughing

So just a bias basher then it seams.

sorry im kinda standoffish after a loss

check my mock i know cp will be back

he needs help tho literally and figuratively

i also see no sense in him taking a beating on the field but for as much as he is getting paid i guess he is earning his money the hard way. idk those pick 6's hella suck n they seem like the come right after a defensive stop

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Chali21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To say Palmer had a bad day today is an understatement. And it goes a long way to show he isn't the guy. He's been the best QB we've had since Collins and that's been what? 8,7 years? Yeah he takes a beating on the line but man..idk to be honest this whole team looks terrible. I knew we weren't contending for a Super Bowl..but now it looks like we're going to be picking top 5.
Chali21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And to be honest losing is losing, with the blow outs we've been in why not start Pryor? What instead of losing 38-17 we lose 38-7? Who cares if we send the message that the seasons over, At 3-7 the season is over. The team is historically bad, I know I'm going to get hate for posting this, but really in the last 3 games has Palmer changed anything for this team?
Dessie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:
To say Palmer had a bad day today is an understatement. And it goes a long way to show he isn't the guy. He's been the best QB we've had since Collins and that's been what? 8,7 years? Yeah he takes a beating on the line but man..idk to be honest this whole team looks terrible. I knew we weren't contending for a Super Bowl..but now it looks like we're going to be picking top 5.

Not sure how it shows he isn't the guy, he isn't the first QB to have a bad day but each to their own I guess.

Basically it comes down to

a) building up the team with Carson at the helm over the next couple of years and try to be competitive in the meantime and then draft a QB of the future.

Or

B) Try and get our QB now and accept we are (very likely) not going to be competitive for the next couple of years due to the overall lack of talent on this team.

I think we should keep Palmer for the next 2/3 years and try to buildup the team. Oline, DLine, secondary and LB, all need looking at before QB IMO.
#clueless
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:

So he can't have a bad game??? And his bad game isn't nearly as bad as others. LOL people are funny. Please also take into account the amount of pressure he received all game also from our terrific offensive line.

Oh and Palmer > Collins. You meant best QB since Gannon.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
I think we should keep Palmer for the next 2/3 years and try to buildup the team. Oline, DLine, secondary and LB, all need looking at before QB IMO.

This is easily the smartest decision. Again, we don't need to get a future QB and put him behind this line and basically David Carr his career. Palmer, if he doesn't retire, should most definitely be our guy for the time frame you listed.

PM sig requests.
Rolni

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:

That's the right way IMO. Hell in best case scenario in 3 years time Pryor will be ready to lead this team!
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i was in charge, i'd trade Palmer for whatever i can get, which would give us more cap room and draft picks to improve the roster. Then, i'd sign some vet FA to hold the fort until we can draft the QB of the future (someone like Matt Moore).
It makes more sense for us than paying a QB so much to play on a team who can't compete.
And it makes more sense for him than to stay on a team like that at this point in his career.
Chali21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:

So he can't have a bad game??? And his bad game isn't nearly as bad as others. LOL people are funny. Please also take into account the amount of pressure he received all game also from our terrific offensive line.

Oh and Palmer > Collins. You meant best QB since Gannon.

No I understand QBs having a bad day, I mean Matt Ryan threw 5 INts yesterday. The difference between Ryan and Palmer is he has more good days than bad. Also Collin's numbers are closer to palmers than palmers are to Gannon.
Rolni

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
If i was in charge, i'd trade Palmer for whatever i can get, which would give us more cap room and draft picks to improve the roster. Then, i'd sign some vet FA to hold the fort until we can draft the QB of the future (someone like Matt Moore).
It makes more sense for us than paying a QB so much to play on a team who can't compete.
And it makes more sense for him than to stay on a team like that at this point in his career.

Interesting...
Matt Leinart looked good in his limited time in Houston, so he could serve as a stop gap. However I doubt we get anything for Palmer, so it would not get us any good.
what you think we could get for CP and from who?
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:

This is an interesting way of looking at it and I wouldn't totally be against it. We do have Leinart though he looks competent in Knapp's system although in limited time. I would put Moore ahead of him but that's about the equivalent of stepping on a tack instead of a nail.

PM sig requests.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chali21 wrote:

No I understand QBs having a bad day, I mean Matt Ryan threw 5 INts yesterday. The difference between Ryan and Palmer is he has more good days than bad. Also Collin's numbers are closer to palmers than palmers are to Gannon.

How many bad games has Carson had this season?

Collins had a significantly better team, mind you. I'm not worried about numbers just who the better QB is and Palmer is easily better than Collins.

PM sig requests.
Raidin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not many teams who want Palmer. Cardinals and Jets are obvious ones, not sure either would give up much. Other teams who'd look to draft one or have a young guy in place already.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
Not many teams who want Palmer. Cardinals and Jets are obvious ones, not sure either would give up much. Other teams who'd look to draft one or have a young guy in place already.

Yeah, i don't know if there would be any interest or what we could get but i think we need to start from scratch and we should explore any opportunity to get ammo in this process.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Dessie wrote:

This is easily the smartest decision. Again, we don't need to get a future QB and put him behind this line and basically David Carr his career. Palmer, if he doesn't retire, should most definitely be our guy for the time frame you listed.

+1

I'm not die-hard about keeping Palmer, but I really dont think we will find anyone better anytime soon. I just dont understand why people think you cant rebuild with an older QB. Its totally possible, under 2 conditions: 1) he restructures, because we need money and 2) we groom a young QB to take over for him in a few years.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 29 of 30

Jump to: