Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Franchise QB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chali21

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Chali21 wrote:

No I understand QBs having a bad day, I mean Matt Ryan threw 5 INts yesterday. The difference between Ryan and Palmer is he has more good days than bad. Also Collin's numbers are closer to palmers than palmers are to Gannon.

How many bad games has Carson had this season?

Collins had a significantly better team, mind you. I'm not worried about numbers just who the better QB is and Palmer is easily better than Collins.

Honestly I'd say 3.

NO
BAL
DEN

He has had good games too.
PIT
KC
TB
JAX

But he has had games where he's been a non factor:
MIA
SD

I think this game was one he should have dominated. I have no delusions however I doubt too many QBs would succeed in this offense.
Django

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its going to be an interesting watching Colin Kaepernick start tonight.

He was who Al was going to draft if Harbaugh didnt trade up in front of the Raiders.
Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:

He was who Al was going to draft if Harbaugh didnt trade up in front of the Raiders.

Good thing the Raiders didn't draft him. This franchise is horrible at developing QB's because there's never any stability. Hue Jackson would have been fired after his rookie season, then Greg Knapp would have taken over, who's probably on his way out too. Great way to start his career that would have been. lol
Django

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Django wrote:

Good thing the Raiders didn't draft him. This franchise is horrible at developing QB's because there's never any stability. Hue Jackson would have been fired after his rookie season, then Greg Knapp would have taken over, who's probably on his way out too. Great way to start his career that would have been. lol

Good point.

Now I dont think Hue would have been a Great HC or a long term answer...

But I think that he could have developed him and they probably never make that Carson trade. In fact, even though Kaep is a much better prospect (he actually has throwing velocity, pocket presence).........

Pryor might have had a shot to be an NFL QB if Hue stuck around. Not saying good or great. But a few years learning behind Carson AND getting coached by Hue...might have improved him big time. At least make him an interesting trade chip. With Knapp.......if Pryor ever plays expect some of the worst QB play since the JaMarcus days.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Django wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Django wrote:

Good point.

But I think that he could have developed him and they probably never make that Carson trade. In fact, even though Kaep is a much better prospect (he actually has throwing velocity, pocket presence).........

Pryor might have had a shot to be an NFL QB if Hue stuck around. Not saying good or great. But a few years learning behind Carson AND getting coached by Hue...might have improved him big time. At least make him an interesting trade chip. With Knapp.......if Pryor ever plays expect some of the worst QB play since the JaMarcus days.

Revisionist history. Hue didn't like Pryor. He basically ignored the kid. Hue has always preferred traditional pocket passers. Hue recruited Palmer to USC, Palmer had his best statistical season in the NFL while Hue was in Cincy, and laughed at Pryor's tweet that he was ready and prompted traded the franchise for Palmer, who is the anti-Pryor. There isn't an iota of evidence Hue had any desire or intention of developing Pryor.

JaMarcus was awful, however, iirc Russell experienced his best statistical season while Knapp was at the helm. I believe that QB development is his forte as he is also credited with getting production out of Leinart and TJ Yates.

Everyone could save face with a reallocation of duties making Knapp QB coach and reinstating Saunders as OC. No one takes Pryor seriously. . . get over it.
Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Django wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Django wrote:

Good point.

Revisionist history. Hue didn't like Pryor. He basically ignored the kid. Hue has always preferred traditional pocket passers. Hue recruited Palmer to USC, Palmer had his best statistical season in the NFL while Hue was in Cincy, and laughed at Pryor's tweet that he was ready and prompted traded the franchise for Palmer, who is the anti-Pryor. There isn't an iota of evidence Hue had any desire or intention of developing Pryor.

JaMarcus was awful, however, iirc Russell experienced his best statistical season while Knapp was at the helm. I believe that QB development is his forte as he is also credited with getting production out of Leinart and TJ Yates.

Everyone could save face with a reallocation of duties making Knapp QB coach and reinstating Saunders as OC. No one takes Pryor seriously. . . get over it.

Knapp got his OC duties stripped by Tom Cable. Leinart never produced with the Texans, and there's nothing to say that Kubiak and Dennison aren't more responsible for Yates' play, who played like a rookie.

I'd rather we just hire a new OC that brings in who he wants, then go with Al Saunders. No one else around the league wants him, and he worked under Hue Jackson, so who's to say what he was responsible for last season.
Django

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Django wrote:
Darkness wrote:
Django wrote:

Good point.

True he favored pocket passers...but...

Move it to 32:40 to hear Hue talk about Pryor. Should be noted that a recently fired Hue Jackson brought up Pryor on his own. Now could Hue be lying? possibly. Does this mean Pryor will be good? I dont thinks so....but Hue obviously liked Pryor more by the end of his time in Oakland.
http://richeisen.nfl.com/2012/01/12/rich-eisen-podcast-hue-jackson-mark-wahlberg-champ-bailey-michael-lombardi-and-jim-mora/
Django

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...

David Shaw and Chip Kelly may be in the NFL next year..

Might have been better giving a Hue another year before giving him the boot.

Sidenote: Yea Im overreacting to the recent success of college coaches. I have no valid proof either would be a great HC Sad
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/51516/poll-results-palmer-deal-not-good

Here you JTagg and all other Palmer's die hards.
Dessie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/51516/poll-results-palmer-deal-not-good

A poll result ? Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall
#clueless
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:

A poll result ? Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

Of ESPN users, no less. People with even less of a clue Laughing

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30
Page 30 of 30

Jump to: