Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Richard Sherman was named NFC Defensive Player of Week 10
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Sacks98


Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 3910
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shazor4 wrote:
Sherman has to be one of the most intelligent players in the league. His knowledge for the WR position really helps him diagnosis the play as it happens. It doesn't mention it in the article but Sherman wasn't blitzing on his sack/fumble. He recognised he wasn't covering anyone and decided to blitz. Crazy stuff.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/14/analysis-notebook-week-10-2/


Nice! I thought that was a corner blitz because of how fast he came off the corner nice recognition by him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tooki


Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Posts: 10728
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
Shazor4 wrote:
Sherman has to be one of the most intelligent players in the league. His knowledge for the WR position really helps him diagnosis the play as it happens. It doesn't mention it in the article but Sherman wasn't blitzing on his sack/fumble. He recognised he wasn't covering anyone and decided to blitz. Crazy stuff.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/14/analysis-notebook-week-10-2/


Nice! I thought that was a corner blitz because of how fast he came off the corner nice recognition by him.


I thought so too, but then it makes sense that he wasn't picked up because the line would have read zone coverage.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 20098
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta love guys like D!ck who have that natural feel for the game. I could be wrong, but I think the Seahawks secondary collectively have the best football IQ and instincts in the NFL.
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tooki


Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Posts: 10728
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Gotta love guys like D!ck who have that natural feel for the game. I could be wrong, but I think the Seahawks secondary collectively have the best football IQ and instincts in the NFL.


I could take that. Sherm definitely boosts the average but BB knows how to make plays.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 20098
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Gotta love guys like D!ck who have that natural feel for the game. I could be wrong, but I think the Seahawks secondary collectively have the best football IQ and instincts in the NFL.


I could take that. Sherm definitely boosts the average but BB knows how to make plays.


BB, Sherm and Earl probably have the highest collective "insticts" in any secondary in the NFL. Then you add Kam in there and it becomes just unfair, IMO.
_________________

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 27069
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Gotta love guys like D!ck who have that natural feel for the game. I could be wrong, but I think the Seahawks secondary collectively have the best football IQ and instincts in the NFL.


No....Yes

Too many mental mental mistakes to have the best IQ, instincts have got to be up there IMO
_________________


wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dools=hawks


Joined: 04 Mar 2008
Posts: 2728
Location: What's next?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Gotta love guys like D!ck who have that natural feel for the game. I could be wrong, but I think the Seahawks secondary collectively have the best football IQ and instincts in the NFL.


No....Yes

Too many mental mental mistakes to have the best IQ, instincts have got to be up there IMO


need to remember
sherm is 24
earl is 23
kam is 24

Arrow they're still learning the game CRAZY! browner is 28 btw
_________________
Go Hawks!

WINTER IS COMING
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lards


Joined: 19 Sep 2009
Posts: 394
Location: Adelaide, Australia
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaws said earlier he is the best shutdown corner in the league now. good to see him get some recognition. Just cant get over how good he is for his age and what pick we got him for. Gonna enjoy watching D!ck for the next decade. Razz
_________________


aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm being very objective...


twitter: @lards90
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tooki


Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Posts: 10728
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lards wrote:
Jaws said earlier he is the best shutdown corner in the league now. good to see him get some recognition. Just cant get over how good he is for his age and what pick we got him for. Gonna enjoy watching D!ck for the next decade. Razz


What I like the most is that he came into the NFL as an incredibly raw player and still has room to improve. His football IQ is insane as well.

It's gonna be fun to watch him indeed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't know how he can progress from where he is now. He's already playing like the top corner in the league, what else can he improve upon?


Davon House (a kid I really liked coming out of New Mexico, he was in the same draft and taken late 4th) has looked damn good this year for the Packers as well. Chris Culliver is also from the same class (late 3rd) and he's looking like a steal.

Strong draft class for corners.
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Tooki


Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Posts: 10728
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
I really don't know how he can progress from where he is now. He's already playing like the top corner in the league, what else can he improve upon?


Davon House (a kid I really liked coming out of New Mexico, he was in the same draft and taken late 4th) has looked damn good this year for the Packers as well. Chris Culliver is also from the same class (late 3rd) and he's looking like a steal.

Strong draft class for corners.


It could just be the little things, as well as zone coverage.

And the mid rounders from this draft class are great.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21260
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
I really don't know how he can progress from where he is now. He's already playing like the top corner in the league, what else can he improve upon?


Davon House (a kid I really liked coming out of New Mexico, he was in the same draft and taken late 4th) has looked damn good this year for the Packers as well. Chris Culliver is also from the same class (late 3rd) and he's looking like a steal.

Strong draft class for corners.
He's very good in press coverage, but he can still get better there. Specifically considering his length advantage. His footwork isn't perfect either, but yeah. He's already fairly polished.
_________________

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group