Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Looking for a new team: Why should I convert to yours?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Looking for a new team: Why should I convert to yours? Reply with quote

Alright...well, I've been an on again/off again baseball fan for most of my life, but I'm looking to find a team to follow and be passionate about much like I am my Dolphins. I live and breathe Dolphins football, I want to start following a team that I can feel the same way about. They don't have to be a winner, they don't have to be packed with stars...but I want a team I can get excited about and looks promising.

Teams who are off limits:

Philadelphia Phillies: I live in eastern PA and I find Phillies fans to be absolutely overwhelming to spend time around. I can't cheer for them because of how much they've been shoved down my throat obnoxiously. Anyone who lives in a metro area of a playoff caliber team that you're not a fan of can sympathize I'm sure.

Atlanta Braves: I was a Braves fan growing up. Without Bobby Cox and Chipper Jones and their hilariously awful collapses of the last 2 seasons (losing the 1 game playoff and falling apart the year before) I don't see myself getting excited for this team.

So help me out? Give me some background on your team! Tell me why I ought to be interested in their future.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should become a Texas Rangers fan!

why?

1) it's the closest team to where Ryan Tannehill was born
2) we're a team on the rise and have a top farm system to stay competitive for years to come.
3) we have the coolest pitcher in the league
4) our president is Nolan flippin' Ryan! and we used to be owned by George W. Bush!
5) we have the future of baseball

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^Thats cute. You conveniently forgot to mention the routine collapses and heartbreak

Well, its pretty obviously the Tigers.

Why us?

Offseasons are exciting. Every year it seems we make a big trade or FA signing. This year is no different.

Two WS appearences in the last 6 years. 2 straight division titles. Lets face it, we are the class of the AL Central.

Justin Verlander is the most exciting pitcher in baseball. We get to see him every 5 days.

Just when you think we might be getting old, here comes top 10 prospect Nick Castellanos, ready to shove Mike Trout and Bryce Harper aside to be in the spotlight of great young MLB talents

You like HRs? Nobody hits a more majestic HR than Miguel Cabrera, and nobody hits a more powerful and exciting HR than Prince Fielder.

You like strikouts? Max Scherzer paired with Justin Verlander atop the rotation we 1 and 2 in the AL in strikouts. And Doug Fister struck out 10 consecutive batters this year.

And lastly. Best home uniforms in baseball.

I might have exaggerated a bit, perhaps even been a bit hypocritical at times, but the Tigers are the clear route to take when considering teams to follow.
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SadLionFan00 wrote:
^^Thats cute. You conveniently forgot to mention the routine collapses and heartbreak

Yup. Nothing like getting swept showing the world you deserved to go to the WS.

Quote:
Offseasons are exciting. Every year it seems we make a big trade or FA signing. This year is no different.

Yu Darvish
Mike Napoli
Adrian Beltre
Joe Nathan

all All Stars acquired in the last 2 offseasons.

Quote:
Two WS appearences in the last 6 years.

Two WS appearances in the last 3 years.

Quote:
Lets face it, we are the class of the AL Central.

Lets face it, we're the class of the American League.

Quote:
Justin Verlander is the most exciting pitcher in baseball. We get to see him every 5 days.

Nah, we already know Verlander is awesome. Most exciting pitcher in baseball is Yu Darvish. He has like 15 different pitches. Everyone wants to see Yu.

Quote:
Just when you think we might be getting old, here comes top 10 prospect Nick Castellanos, ready to shove Mike Trout and Bryce Harper aside to be in the spotlight of great young MLB talents

Just when you think we might be getting old, here comes the #1 prospect Jurickson Profar, who is clearly better than Castellanos and is ready to shove Mike Trout and Bryce Harper aside to be in the spotlight of great young MLB talents.

Quote:
You like HRs?

If you like HRs, don't be a Tigers fan. That stadium is huge (420 to CF). If you like HRs you should be a Rangers fan, in our "popcorn" park we're always near the top of the league in homers, and that's what we're known for.

Quote:
Nobody hits a more majestic HR than Miguel Cabrera, and nobody hits a more powerful and exciting HR than Prince Fielder.

Nelson Cruz. maybe this will trigger a memory...

Quote:
You like strikouts?

Yu Darvish set a rookie record for strikeouts since 1960 or something like that.

Wink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Washington Nationals

Strasburg and Harper alone are enough to watch this team. Whenever Harper comes to the plate, it's must see. And Strasburg is in the same realm of Price or Verlander when it comes to must watch.

On top of that, it's a great ball club that is just coming in to its prime. Davey is back for another year. Plenty of talent on the team. Ryan Zimmerman is as slick a glove as you'll find at third. THe pitching on the team is excellent. And we have some nice depth in the farm system that will make the team competitive for years to come.

Oh and naturally, we greatly dislike the Phillies so you'll get to rub it in the noses of those obnoxious Phillies fans. Plus, being in eastern PA, you'll be able to see your new team at least 9 times a year.
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no reason for you to be a Brewers fan. So you should.

The Rays make sense. Close to you, great run organization. Stars, great farm system.
EDIT: Nevermind, just noticed you're not in FL. Dolphins sig threw me off.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yankees need another fan on the bandwagon.

Who doesn't like a good pinstripe
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a new team: Why should I convert to yours? Reply with quote

ProudDolphan47 wrote:
Alright...well, I've been an on again/off again baseball fan for most of my life, but I'm looking to find a team to follow and be passionate about much like I am my Dolphins. I live and breathe Dolphins football, I want to start following a team that I can feel the same way about. They don't have to be a winner, they don't have to be packed with stars...but I want a team I can get excited about and looks promising.

Teams who are off limits:

Philadelphia Phillies: I live in eastern PA and I find Phillies fans to be absolutely overwhelming to spend time around. I can't cheer for them because of how much they've been shoved down my throat obnoxiously. Anyone who lives in a metro area of a playoff caliber team that you're not a fan of can sympathize I'm sure.

Atlanta Braves: I was a Braves fan growing up. Without Bobby Cox and Chipper Jones and their hilariously awful collapses of the last 2 seasons (losing the 1 game playoff and falling apart the year before) I don't see myself getting excited for this team.

So help me out? Give me some background on your team! Tell me why I ought to be interested in their future.
Letting posters pick your team for you is silly.

My advice? Watch lots of baseball and see which team you like. Then follow them.

Right away, I would not consider the bottom team teams in terms of payroll and not consider the top 5. Get in that 6-20 zone - enough where you can compete and have a good club every year, but where you're not the Yankees and 95 wins is the expectation.

If you're an FF guy, I would also try and find one that has an active fan base here. The Mariners, Rangers, Brewers, Tigers, Angels, Cardinals, and some more teams I'm forgetting are all pretty well represented here, so you'll have other posters to bounce ideas off of.

Beyond that, pick whichever style of baseball you like. And once you make your pick, stick with it.

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

malibuspeedrace wrote:

*this is in no way intended for you or anyone else on here (I actually like most Yankees fans on here), just in general. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DalCowboyzRule wrote:
malibuspeedrace wrote:

*this is in no way intended for you or anyone else on here (I actually like most Yankees fans on here), just in general. Laughing

I am not a fan of them
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cubs?
Why? I am tired of talking to SeeBurs.

#JDI
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Cubs?
hrubes is like the best baseball fan on this site. Not much posting now, but I always thought the Cubs had a nice fanbase on FF.

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
Cubs?
hrubes is like the best baseball fan on this site. Not much posting now, but I always thought the Cubs had a nice fanbase on FF.

No.
He is ours.
He is the only one of us I like.
Looking at you SeeB.
But like you said, he isn't on much anymore. Crying or Very sad

#JDI
xXxHOUSEDxXx

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Root for the Marlins because you will be their lucky 100th fan!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXxHOUSEDxXx wrote:
Root for the Marlins because you will be their lucky 100th fan!!!

You could say the same thing about the Heat, too. Laughing Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: