Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CHOMP_CHOMP NEW 2013 DRAFT!!! 4th ROUND ADDED
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it for the Bengals, but it would be hard to pass on Milliner.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a sweet Eagles draft

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
CHOMP_CHOMP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NIKEJWN wrote:
CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
Awful draft for Bills, likely the worse I seen yet.. Moore is a 3/4 OLB IMO, and we have a Moore named Kyle to be worked in.. Not gonna even start on Glennon in round 2.

Needs are QB, OLB, WR, S, CB

Well then I think we just differ in prospect evaluations...

Moore plays as a down lineman now, and holds up very well so I see no reason why he can't play with his hand down in the NFL.

Regarding Glennon, I think he will steadily rise and will end up high second. Yes some people have different opinions but I really like what I see in him.

I dont hate DE but Billsguy said we have to many other needs to go DE when we just sunk a boat load of money into two in the offseason. I could see us in the middle to later rds going for one. As for Glennon I watch a fair amount of NC State games as my brother is an alumni there and I just see way to much inconsistancy. Now I know he doenst really have the weapons he would have at other schools but even the games he should win like the one at home against Virginia who is at the bottom half of the conference and he didnt do anything. I think in the right system he could have a nice career but he is not mobile enough for me and to think Buffalo will be excited over drafting what in my opinion is a 4th rd QB at the earliest it just wont happen.

My ideal Draft would be

1. Tyler Wilson
2. CJ Mosley

Ok here is my dilemma with the situation at hand.

I have Tyler Wilson graded out as a mid-to late first round pick, not a top-5 selection. Yes I know quarterbacks get taken earlier then they should, but in this case I don't think it applies.

Also I have Glennon rated as a late first - early second round grade. I have a contact at NC State, and he says Glennon is getting quite a bit of attention from NFL scouts.

I also think the Bills are in a situation where they need to draft a QB at some point in this draft. With that being said, Glennon is a very good prospect to have come in and learn for a year.

Again I know this may not be a popular selection, but based on my evaluations, this is how I see things playing out.
CHOMP_CHOMP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
Give us either Tyler Wilson, Manti Te'o, Dee Milliner, Or even Sam Montgomery who if u were to poll would be better DE by an 80-20 split, if u feel DE is as big of a need

Keenan Allen or Justin Hunter works as well

I won't go into the Tyler Wilson situation because that has been explained.

Moving forward with Moore. I think he is BPA at a position of need. Yes, I agree with you that there are more pressing needs. However, I still think DE is a need. Having said that, I also value DE higher then MLB. I guess I should preface that sentence by saying I was debating on Te'o here at this pick. I just cannot justify taking a MLB at #5.
CHOMP_CHOMP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCDiehard88 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
I would poo in my pants if the Chiefs went this route. (In a good way)

Love Geno, but I would address a different position in round 2. Steve Breaston will work as a #2 and assuming of course Baldwin can be a #1. Which I think he could be if we had an adequate QB that threw him the ball and a scheme designed to get him involved in the offense.

I would look at CB (Poyer) S (Reid) or a thumper ILB.

I don't disagree with you, but when you draft a QB in round 1; you draft someone to compliment him in round 2. That is just the way the draft works. Robert Woods is sneaky good, and I think has Reggie Wayne written all over him.

I have you addressing multiple defensive needs in the later rounds.
CHOMP_CHOMP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wrote:
Decent Colt pick, but Elam is still available!!!! Give us Matty E!!!

Lol Hey I'm a Florida fanatic, but i think Sheldon Richardson grades out much higher as a prospect. I think Indy just needs to take the best defensive player on their board. In this situation I think that is Richardson.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the first round pick for the Seahawks. Williams would be perfect. I don't see us taking a TE that early though. We have too many immediate needs, to go for a luxury pick in round 2. Instead, Chase Thomas would be perfect in round 2. We have an immediate need for a pass rushing SLB.
CHOMP_CHOMP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Like the first rounder.

Would prefer Eifert or Reid in the second.

We don't need a DE, we still havent even had a chance to play Vinny Curry yet at DE. Don't need more bench kids.

Eifert would give Nick Foles a red zone option.

Reid is a high upside guy that could fix a hole we have at safety.

I originally had Reid there, but I struggled with that pick knowing that Okafor was on the table. I don't disagree with the hole a safety, but you also have a dreadful pass-rush and I actually think Okafor is the better prospect. Granted it is not by much (Okafor as late first - early second and Reid as mid second) but still. Plus the organization seems to have a pattern of building from the trenches.
CHOMP_CHOMP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
I really like the first round pick for the Seahawks. Williams would be perfect. I don't see us taking a TE that early though. We have too many immediate needs, to go for a luxury pick in round 2. Instead, Chase Thomas would be perfect in round 2. We have an immediate need for a pass rushing SLB.

This seems to be the trend with Seattle complaints. So i guess I will spoil your 3rd round selection for you.

Travis Long - LB - Washington State University
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHOMP_CHOMP wrote:
TheOsprey wrote:

This seems to be the trend with Seattle complaints. So i guess I will spoil your 3rd round selection for you.

Travis Long - LB - Washington State University

That's better, but we also have an immediate need for a RT and I doubt that we wait until round 4 to fill that need.
CHOMP_CHOMP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added the 3rd and 4th round
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: CHOMP_CHOMP NEW 2013 DRAFT!!! 4th ROUND ADDED Reply with quote

Um... wow. I have to wonder if you've even watched the Chargers play this season or have followed them at all the past couple years. The only decent pick made is Lemonier in the 2nd, and that's purely based off value - and I'm not even sure you could argue that since Short, Roby, Poyer, and Williams both present equal or possibly greater value.

The recent extension given to Malcom Floyd was the straw that broke the camel's back, the Chargers won't be investing early picks in WR's for the next year if not longer. I do love how some of the same people who were pimping Vincent Brown as an expected breakout candidate for this season are now completely writing him off because of a freak injury.

Moreover, you went 4 rounds before addressing a single one of the two greatest needs of the team; congratulations this may be the worst mock for Chargers I've seen yet this season. Perhaps if you'd like to familiarize yourself with who is set to hit free agency, you might note that both our starting CB's and both starting OG's are 2013 UFA's - and 1 among those 4 players has remotely played to a level that deserves a new contract at starter's money. The fact that there's no CB taken in the first 4 rounds is appalling (particularly when you're drafting... a backup QB?).

The fact that you have us passing on guys who could be argued as "needs" with as much, if not more, upside in Milliner, Jordan, and Banks (or even Te'o who I'm not as high on as others are because I feel his ceiling's too limited for a Top 15 selection) to take a luxury pick (which is what any WR who is not a HWS phenom the likes of Fitz, Green, or CJ is for the Chargers at this point) is horrendous.

Get to the second round and you have guys with borderline-1st round talent AT a position of massive need for San Diego, like Roby and Poyer, sitting there and passed up is terrible.

Nassib in the 3rd round is moronic (I'm sorry, I'm not even going to try to feign nice here, it's a plain ignorant pick), even more so when you're passing on Wreh-Wilson, Hawthorne, Travis Frederick (who fills another massive need for this team at LG) and Ricky Wagner to do so. Hell, a RB like Stepfan Taylor to back-up and push Ryan Mathews hold more value than a backup QB does in the 3rd.

I'd really suggest doing more research. I understand that people do these for "fun," but if you're going to go to the extent of posting them up for feedback, then you really ought to be putting in some effort yourself to research what actually fits teams.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely beautiful draft for Washington. Fills our 3 biggest needs IMO

kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
CHOMP_CHOMP

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: CHOMP_CHOMP NEW 2013 DRAFT!!! 4th ROUND ADDED Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Um... wow. I have to wonder if you've even watched the Chargers play this season or have followed them at all the past couple years. The only decent pick made is Lemonier in the 2nd, and that's purely based off value - and I'm not even sure you could argue that since Short, Roby, Poyer, and Williams both present equal or possibly greater value.

The recent extension given to Malcom Floyd was the straw that broke the camel's back, the Chargers won't be investing early picks in WR's for the next year if not longer. I do love how some of the same people who were pimping Vincent Brown as an expected breakout candidate for this season are now completely writing him off because of a freak injury.

Moreover, you went 4 rounds before addressing a single one of the two greatest needs of the team; congratulations this may be the worst mock for Chargers I've seen yet this season. Perhaps if you'd like to familiarize yourself with who is set to hit free agency, you might note that both our starting CB's and both starting OG's are 2013 UFA's - and 1 among those 4 players has remotely played to a level that deserves a new contract at starter's money. The fact that there's no CB taken in the first 4 rounds is appalling (particularly when you're drafting... a backup QB?).

The fact that you have us passing on guys who could be argued as "needs" with as much, if not more, upside in Milliner, Jordan, and Banks (or even Te'o who I'm not as high on as others are because I feel his ceiling's too limited for a Top 15 selection) to take a luxury pick (which is what any WR who is not a HWS phenom the likes of Fitz, Green, or CJ is for the Chargers at this point) is horrendous.

Get to the second round and you have guys with borderline-1st round talent AT a position of massive need for San Diego, like Roby and Poyer, sitting there and passed up is terrible.

Nassib in the 3rd round is moronic (I'm sorry, I'm not even going to try to feign nice here, it's a plain ignorant pick), even more so when you're passing on Wreh-Wilson, Hawthorne, Travis Frederick (who fills another massive need for this team at LG) and Ricky Wagner to do so. Hell, a RB like Stepfan Taylor to back-up and push Ryan Mathews hold more value than a backup QB does in the 3rd.

I'd really suggest doing more research. I understand that people do these for "fun," but if you're going to go to the extent of posting them up for feedback, then you really ought to be putting in some effort yourself to research what actually fits teams.

Well since there are several issues to attend to I will just get started...

First off, we have to note that these are your opinions versus mine, so there isn't going to be a right and wrong.

Now to start on the actual issues with the draft... While I understand the extension of Floyd may say what you thinks, to me it doesn't. He is the only viable option the team has at the WR position. Your offense has taken a big setback by letting V. Jackson go and I think it is something that needs to be fixed immediately.

In the second round, I don't disagree that CB isn't a big need. But I have a higher value on Lemonier opposed to the other prospects.

As for Nassib, I think you're a moron if you think you don't need a QB. Rivers has steadily declined and a viable replacement needs to be thought about. Nassib is good value there and a good option.

In the fourth I have actually considered a CB there, however, I know addressing the position in the 4th probably doesn't appease you.

I am not going to be able to please everyone, but that doesn't mean I don't know what I am doing. So, to be honest, you can [REMOVED BY MODERATOR].
Nobody

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright thanks for the extra rounds.

1- Please, please, PLEASE change this to Matt Elam! Pray

3. Porter is great value here. Really like the pick.

4. We just took a NT in the 5th last year, Josh Chapman out of Bama. Sunday will be his first game back from the injury that dropped him from a 2nd rounder to a 5th rounder. We've been without him and our starting NT all year, so I'd prefer to wait and see how Josh performs. This is a good value pick, though I'd prefer Gabe Jackson at this point.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: