Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Icey's Mock Draft '13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ice_Dude_2008

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Icey's Mock Draft '13 Reply with quote

1. DE - Ezekiel Ansah - BYU - 6'6" 270lbs

Ezekiel is an athletic man monster, yes I said man monster. I see him on the field, while he doesn't have much production (as a junior and senior he recorded a total of 10 tackles), he is such an athletic freak he just reminds me of JPP in every way possible. In the mid-20's, this would be an amazing pick now that I have Alec going much higher in the first round.
2. LB - Kasheem Greene - Rutgers - 6'1" 230lbs

Kasheem Green is a talented LB and is a solid tackler he can get after the QB and is a solid run stopper, and is a great leader controlling that amazing Rutgers defense this season. A great addition and he gets to stay in New Jersey, kind of. If he puts on a couple more lbs he could move into the inside but I like him just as much on the outside.
3. OT – Brennan Williams – UNC – 6’7” 315lbs

Brennan is an experienced OT and plays multiple positions along the line his best would be RT position. He is very strong and can push defensive lineman straight back in the run game. He has nice footwork, and now I think all of you guys are asking, “Why isn’t he a first round prospect?” Because of his injury history, he has plummeted this far. He has great starting potential, if he can stay on the field.
4. WR – Da’Rick Rogers – Tenn. Tech – 6’3” 208lbs

Da’Rick Rogers is a man amongst boys in the FCS; players can’t keep him in front of him and can’t stop him when he goes up. His hands are so solid he can catch virtually anything. His off the field problems are pretty drastic, but with his on the field talent alone, he could be a top-15 pick. We’ll see if he can get his act together, but he’ll be the steal of the decade if he falls this far.
6. OG – Spencer Long – Nebraska – 6’4” 305lbs

Spencer, the former Nebraska walk-on, broke out last season and was an All-Big Ten performer in 2011. He was a leader on a Cornhuskers line that averaged 217 yards per game last season. Long did a very good job opening up holes for running back Rex Burkhead and quarterback Taylor Martinez. Can play either Guard position well and can develop into a good one.
7. OLB/S – Kenny Tate – Maryland – 6’4” 230lbs

Tate has played both linebacker and safety in his Maryland career. He is a tweener, but should be a linebacker in the NFL and has the athletic ability to play safety. Tate was great in 2010 as the starting free safety and was a First-Team All-ACC pick. He had 100 tackles, 8.5 tackles for a lost, 3.5 sacks and three interceptions.

Last edited by Ice_Dude_2008 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acgott

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want more defense
Gmen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
I want more defense

Laughing

I think you might actually get your wish this year. I'd go offensive lineman in the first round, and then stock up on defense with the rest of the picks. Between Wilson, Randle and Robinson, we have enough young offensive talent going forward.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
njLawman5016

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way olgetree is there when we draft if 1st.

I think that this year you will see giants draft a G early. Unless higher rated D line is there.

Once and always its BPA. So Reese is so hard to gauge.

Just have the mantra

"In Reese We Trust"
Ice_Dude_2008

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

njLawman5016 wrote:
No way olgetree is there when we draft if 1st.

I think that this year you will see giants draft a G early. Unless higher rated D line is there.

Once and always its BPA. So Reese is so hard to gauge.

Just have the mantra

"In Reese We Trust"

I think he falls for his character issues. And if he falls to mid-late 20's then he'll definitely be the BPA.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see another CB in the early rounds... webster has lost a step, no way we can expect TT to come back at this point, jayron has blown coverages multiple times this year... in a passing league, we need to address our secondary
Gmen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the idea of drafting to beat one specific opponent, BUT RG3 is going to be a major pain in our butt for many years to come. The Giants need to draft to slow this guy down. I'd like a fast run and chase linebacker. I don't know enough about Ogletree to say he's that guy. But, if he is, good pick.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Webster has been too inconsistent. I don't trust Coe or Tryon. The only DB I trust is Prince, lets just hope he stays healthy, because T2 is always getting injured, and while Hosely has looked great at times, he's also looked like the rookie he is at times. He could definitely get better though; I personally think he'll be great. Would love a high LB pick too for once.
minutemancl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hosley is making rookie mistakes. He'll get over those once he gets more acclimated to the NFL and I think he'll make a great nickel CB for us. The trouble lies in our 2nd corner, as Prince has that first spot on lockdown. Webster is still good, despite having a down year, but he's not going to last much longer. Depending on where we draft, David Amerson in the first even is a great pick to me. He's going to be a stud.

I could see some OL picks, but mostly defense in this draft coming up.

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
reckless123

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calm down on hosely. He is not only a rookie but a nickel CB is hard position to get acclimated to. But youre right we need a CB and help on that Right side.

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont hate it ... dont really like it either tbh

Its alot of offense and you've got the defense falling to us pretty heavily.

If we could snag Ogletree that late in the draft it be a steal ... unfortunately without a bad combine he wont be there (unless we lose out)

Not a Knicks fan
Ice_Dude_2008

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated it a little, I might change Da'Rick to a CB but I have to watch some more tape on these ones I like.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defense first 2 picks...

Acgott Seal of Approval
Ice_Dude_2008

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
Defense first 2 picks...

Acgott Seal of Approval

I was thinking Logan Ryan in third but I thought Brennan was too good to pass up at that point. I'm liking what I saw from Hyde this season, he could play all around in the defensive back field. But I really think Da'Rick is a special player.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: