Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 12: Seattle Seahawks @ Miami Dolphins
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:49 am    Post subject: Week 12: Seattle Seahawks @ Miami Dolphins Reply with quote

Seattle Seahawks (6-4)

vs

Miami Dolphins (4-6)

And now it's....

...Storytime with SaveourSonics!

Right?

------------------------------------------------------

Now let's get some predictions and pregame chatter up in here. Coming off a must-win game, the Seahawks are once again at home against the Jets. As always, Give 'em hell.

Prediction: 20-17 W

3 Keys to the Game
  • Play Home Football

This is one of those games that we all know we SHOULD win, but no game is easy for this team playing on the road. We need to come out with the fire we show at home and the fire we played with in Carolina (at least from a defensive perspective). It'd be nice to see another complete game from this team like we saw two weeks ago.
  • Contain Baby Matrix

It's no secret that the run defense has been flaky at best ever since the 49ers game and we better come to find out that this team just needed some rest. We need to shut down Reggie Bush because he is the man that makes that offense go. As he goes, so do the Phins. With KJ Wright expected to be back, I'm hoping we see much better gap discipline.
  • Safe Offense

This sounds like something I would normally be against, but playing as far as we possibly could from Seattle, the way you lose these games is by affording teams opportunities via turnovers. Wilson has been great at home, but he needs to start playing like that on the road for us to be a legit contender.

Key Matchup of the Game: Reggie Bush vs Bobby Wagner
As I said before, Bush is the spark that really gets this Dolphins team going. I'm resting the responsibilities to stop him on Wagner this week, as he's the cog in the middle and someone that needs to shed blockers better.

Time to get a big game on the road. Pride in Blue and Green, go Hawks.

Last edited by SaveourSonics on Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pardon the choppy look of the OP without pictures, I just got a new tablet and still don't know how to copy/paste Laughing
bobob123

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see Clem doing much against Jake Long in this game, so the defense will have to find a way to get pressure on Tannehill via other ways, that's why Bruce is going to be my player-of-the-game that needs to step up this week.. I think Gus Bradley better think about some pressure packages to throw at Tannehill this week and get the Rookie rattled a bit because he will throw INT's with pressure in his face Tannehill has 6-TDs to 11-INTs, and against our secondary he could easily have 4 INTs in this game.

The player that fears me the most in this game is Brian Hartline, He is having a very solid season and could be a thorn in the side of our CBs, (Not saying he will have a huge game but he could hurt us)..

I don't see the game being as close as you do SOS, I see the Hawks finally having that breakout road game that will define this season.. I say the final score will be: Hawks-34, Phins-13..... Our defense is playing to good right now and the Dolphins offense has been in a slump over the past few games, and you're right our run defense has been a bit shaky the last 4 games, but that was mostly do to playing against guys like Frank Gore, Adrian Petterson and the last I looked Reggie Bush is nowhere near that kinda RB...

"Guess what! I got a fever, and the only prescription, is MORE COWBELL!!" - Christopher Walken
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

20-13 for the neon ninjas! Go hawks!
imani

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dolphins can't pass the ball....reggie bush is not adrian peterson. This should be a lower scoring version of the vikings game.

If we lose this game, i dont really have much confidence in the playoffs. Its time for this team to grow up on the road

go hawks

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
imani

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunday Notes

-The Miami Dolphins is the 4th worst team in the league when defending passes of 20 yards or more.

-None of the teams Miami has beaten this season Oakland, Cincinnati, St. Louis and the N.Y. Jets has a winning record

-Seattle's 1-4 road mark leaves much to be desired. The road losses have come by a combined 21 points.

-After Reggie Bush's hot start - he ran for 241 yards the first two weeks - the Dolphins haven't rushed for 100 in a game since September. Bush has averaged 3.0 yards per carry in his last six contests.

-Ryan Tannehill has been at the center of the Dolphins' failure to take care of the ball. Miami has turned it over seven times in the last two games, five on Tannehill interceptions.

-Miami is still going with rookie Ryan Tannehill, whose 70.8 passer rating ranks 30th in the league

-The Dolphins allowed 83.9 rushing yards per game through their first eight games, but 148.5 in the last two

-The Miami offense has accounted for one touchdown over the last 10 quarters

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really interesting notes imani, thanks.

What's the injury report looking like for this week?
imani

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Really interesting notes imani, thanks.

What's the injury report looking like for this week?

INJURY REPORT

The official practice participation report, as issued by the team:

Limited participation

OG James Carpenter (concussion)

Full participation

RB Marshawn Lynch (back)
DE Greg Scruggs (oblique)
CB Byron Maxwell (hamstring)
DT Clinton McDonald (groin)
LB K.J. Wright (concussion)

For the Dolphins:

Did not practice

LB Austin Spitler (ankle)

Full participation

LB Karlos Dansby (biceps)
P Brandon Fields (left knee)
C Mike Pouncey (ankle)
S Jimmy Wilson (ribs)

wwhickok wrote:

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I really hope Carp gets to play.
imani

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Man, I really hope Carp gets to play.

He will. That report is from Wednesday, which is the last time the team issued an official list (i believe).

He should get the look at LG, Moffit is supposedly returning to Right guard

wwhickok wrote:

SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And...I just fell back in love with Red Bryant.

Not sure if any of you saw NFLN's "Dynamic Duos" segment, but it was based around Red Bryant and Jacob Green. I hate that I love Red.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
The dolphins can't pass the ball....reggie bush is not adrian peterson. This should be a lower scoring version of the vikings game.

If we lose this game, i dont really have much confidence in the playoffs. Its time for this team to grow up on the road

go hawks

While i agree Bush is no AP he is the type of back that gives us problems shifty and quick.

SaveourSonics wrote:
And...I just fell back in love with Red Bryant.

Not sure if any of you saw NFLN's "Dynamic Duos" segment, but it was based around Red Bryant and Jacob Green. I hate that I love Red.

I missed it hopefully its up on NFL.com or the Seahawk site thanks for the heads up.
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Hawks gotta get pressure on Tannehill. He has struggled against top defenses this year, but we can't just let him sit back and have all day to throw. I agree with Bobob, Bradley has to get some pressure schemes cooked up so we don't have to rely on solely on Clem or even Irvin for pressure. The coaching staff has had 2 weeks to game plan for this one and I would hope this team will come out with focus and intensity. It is definitely time for this team to grow up and show up for road games. Thats what separates the elite teams in this league. Offense needs to exploit the holes in Miami's D. This game is very winnable and if we want to make a playoff push, we are gonna have to win games against weaker teams. Bears next week in Chi, so this team better not be looking ahead or the Dolphins will murk us Sunday morning.
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so much worried about our defense as I am about our offense. This could be one of those stupid games we let slip out of our hands. But if we get consistent pressure on Tannehill, this game should be ours.

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
Miami2DaMax

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dolphins win...only because they aren't supposed to, Lol...Miami has a habbit in beating good teams and losing to bad teams for some reason.

Though, I can see Russell destroying Miami....with his feet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 1 of 28

Jump to: