Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 12: Seattle Seahawks @ Miami Dolphins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets look on the bright side...

Bucs lost
Saints lost
Packers lost
Vikings lost
C-Hawkin'

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, we're still #6, but we're not a playoff quality team, period! Somebody said it's a coordinator problem & I tend to agree. Play calling stinks, we always play soft D late. How DOES Ryan Tannehill go 90 yards against us in 1:32? Oh yeah, same way M Stafford did. Somebody else said this team is built to close out games like this....I sure as hell haven't seen any evidence of that. We have the talent, but we definitely have some holes. 10 penalties to go with all the above!?? Yep, sounds like a coaching problem to me. I loved Carroll @ SC, & thought he was a gr8 hire, but maybe there's a connection between him & the "Peter Principle"
'
bill21792

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the overreactions here

After every win
"Wow gotta be impressed with the way Pete and John have built the team, they're really becoming contenders. We might actually make some noise in the playoffs"

After every loss
"Wow horrible play calling. This team can't win with Bevell/Bradley/Pete. Gotta get rid of them. This season's over I'm done watching"
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I called it earlier, I said that this was gonna be one of those stupid games that we lose. But, if you're a hawks fan already throwing our season out the window, please do us all a favor and

We still have that #6 spot, plus 3 of our last 4 games are at home.

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
Tooki

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say that I'm throwing the season out of the window, but after our performance today, going to the playoffs is only going to be a waste of time. Unless we get home games, we will get beaten by a more experience team that rivals us at home in talent, at their home field.
silus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
I wouldn't say that I'm throwing the season out of the window, but after our performance today, going to the playoffs is only going to be a waste of time. Unless we get home games, we will get beaten by a more experience team that rivals us at home in talent, at their home field.

1. NFL playoffs are single elimination. Anything can happen in a one and done playoff format.

2. Russell Wilson is getting better, so you have to believe the offense will be running better with those additional weeks of experience.

3. And finally, the idea that a playoff game is a waste of time because you lose is beyond ridiculous, especially when you are talking about a team this young.
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bill21792 wrote:
Love the overreactions here

After every win
"Wow gotta be impressed with the way Pete and John have built the team, they're really becoming contenders. We might actually make some noise in the playoffs"

After every loss
"Wow horrible play calling. This team can't win with Bevell/Bradley/Pete. Gotta get rid of them. This season's over I'm done watching"

Well when we're good - we're pretty good.
But when we're bad - we're *expletive* awful!

Also - those two statements aren't mutually exclusive.
Boom!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The season is far from over. For all we know, we could win out and go 11-5. That would include 2 away games.

Everyone remembers that going into yesterday, "the Giants were DOA, the Packers were unbeatable, the Saints were the hottest team in NFL, right?"(In quotes because I stole it from twitter)

A lot changes from week to week in the NFL. This loss reminds me a lot of the Cardinals loss this year. It woke our team up. I expect this game to do the same.

Legion of Boom!
C-Hawkin'

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contrary to what my last post may have sounded like- I do hope you're right. But good teams find a way to win the games they're supposed to. We don't seem to have that, at least on the road.
silus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-Hawkin' wrote:
Contrary to what my last post may have sounded like- I do hope you're right. But good teams find a way to win the games they're supposed to. We don't seem to have that, at least on the road.

Giants lose those games.
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chancellor is just a problem being the deep safety. He gave up the deep pass to Bess in the 4th IIRC. I don't understand why they play him so far back and have Earl play middle. Last year Cam was able to cover the TE's and the middle of the field and make plays while Earl cleaned everything up.

Also, the problem i have with all the other WC contenders losing is they all lost to teams with winning records. We did not. If the season ended today I'd feel sick that we made the playoffs.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
silus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its funny how the Offensive Coordinator has been criticized so much, but when you really think about it, the offense isn't under performing. You know who is? The DEFENSE. All that talent and the defense continues to play below their ability. That is 100% on the coordinator. Guys not being where they are supposed to be, guys "trying to do too much," not getting pressure when its needed, letting rookie QBs move the ball with consistency... What do you think Rex Ryan could do with this defense? A hell of a lot more than whats going on now. Every defensive back is pro-bowl caliber. Gus Johnson is just terrible. You had a bye-week and this is what you do with it? Get dominated by a rookie?
Tooki

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silus wrote:
Tooki wrote:

1. NFL playoffs are single elimination. Anything can happen in a one and done playoff format.

Definitely, but given what I have seen this season, I don't trust this team to get beyond the second round of the playoffs

2. Russell Wilson is getting better, so you have to believe the offense will be running better with those additional weeks of experience.

The line is playing like crap, and we will only compete against the premier teams if Marshawn is running well. He is a beast, but he isn't Superman. Plus once we hit the playoffs, teams will be focusing even more on how to beat Russell Wilson

3. And finally, the idea that a playoff game is a waste of time because you lose is beyond ridiculous, especially when you are talking about a team this young.

You have misunderstood me. This team is not ready to go to the Superbowl. And after the performance that we saw yesterday, we won't be winning away from home against a top team. Our pass rush still isn't there (on the road) and we will NEED it to get anywhere in the playoffs.

Also, Bevell has looked better, but he is still very average. I'm not a big fan of Gus [b]Bradley
either. I would be happy to bring in new blood, but one big problem to consider is that Pete tells them how to do their job, which is to play conservative football. You can't play conservative defense with the mantra that our team has. We don't even need Rex Ryan, we just need somebody who will get the D to do what they do best.
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
Chancellor is just a problem being the deep safety. He gave up the deep pass to Bess in the 4th IIRC. I don't understand why they play him so far back and have Earl play middle. Last year Cam was able to cover the TE's and the middle of the field and make plays while Earl cleaned everything up.

Also, the problem i have with all the other WC contenders losing is they all lost to teams with winning records. We did not. If the season ended today I'd feel sick that we made the playoffs.

Even sicker than being a 7-9 division winner? Wink
I'm sure that Marshawn Lynch run made you forget all about how "undeserving" of a playoff team we were 2 years ago.

Y'all need to shut up about whether or not we "deserve" a playoff spot. Once we get there, it's a whole different season.

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
chpjns15

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown_Mamba wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:

Even sicker than being a 7-9 division winner? Wink
I'm sure that Marshawn Lynch run made you forget all about how "undeserving" of a playoff team we were 2 years ago.

Y'all need to shut up about whether or not we "deserve" a playoff spot. Once we get there, it's a whole different season.

That just inspired me Very Happy

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 26 of 28

Jump to: