Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Newest 7 round Mock (No Trades) 11/23/12
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Re: Newest 7 round Mock (No Trades) 11/23/12 Reply with quote

[quote="goldfishwars"]
Quote:
30. New England- Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina

Okay positionally, but would prefer a smaller UT pass-rusher. Dion Jordan is much better value here if on the board - although I suspect he'll have a Chandler Jones like surge in stock value.

Sylvester Williams is a very underrated pass rusher. I really think this guy is the best every down, all around DT in the draft.

Quote:
62. New England- Baccari Rambo, S, Georgia

Nice pick, he's really hitting some form again and he's a playmaker.

Quote:
94. New England- Quinton Patton, WR, La. Tech

Kind of torn on this one, because he's one of my favourite receivers and has that bit of 'can do everything' the Pats will like. However, not convinced it's a need unless Welker walks. Plus we haven't hit on a receiver in the draft forever.

Patton is one of my favorite WR's as well. I think this guy is like a bigger Mike Wallace. The Pats have great young, quick, small WR's like Welker and Edelman and the best TE's in the game, but Patton gives them a new option. He's a big, deep threat. The Pats have great receivers when it comes to passes in the 1-25 yard range and they consistently march up and down the field, using this system, but sooner or later, they're gonna need a deep threat. Need or not, I see Patton as the best player available and I truly believe he's gonna be an NFL star.

Quote:
209. New England (Via Tampa Bay)- Tanner Hawkinson, OT, Kansas

O-line depth is fine, but we'd need to draft a bonafide starter if Vollmer walks. Not sure this guy offers anything Marcus Cannon or Markus Zusevics wouldn't already.

That's the thing about having a guy like Tom Brady as your QB. He senses the pass rush so well and gets rid of the ball so quickly that you don't need to spend high picks on O-Linemen. He makes average O-Linemen look very good, because he is so smart and instinctive. I believe Hawkinson can come in and play just as well as the rest of the O-Line.

Quote:
222. New England- Kenny Anunike, DE, Duke

If he can rusher the passer, even situationally - then great. Any picks this late are just hopeful.

This kid is a highly underrated pass rusher. He could be a diamond in the rough.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan from a Vikings perspective. Back to back linebackers in the 2nd and 3rd round doesn't make sense.

Arthur Brown is the only pick in the draft I like. Fantastic effort on a 7 round mock though. Kudos.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Not a fan from a Vikings perspective. Back to back linebackers in the 2nd and 3rd round doesn't make sense.

Arthur Brown is the only pick in the draft I like. Fantastic effort on a 7 round mock though. Kudos.

The back to back linebackers was a mistake on my part. Thanks for pointing that out. I changed some things around to correct it.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bengals don't need 2 safeties that early. I would go with Chase Thomas and Okefor in the 2nd. That would give us some real good talent on all levels of the defense. The rest of the draft is solid

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
bigdog2372

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOVE what you did for the Bucs! CB, S, and DL rotation depth are our biggest needs IMO...

Big "Thanks" to IAmPacman for creating this Sig!
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
Bengals don't need 2 safeties that early. I would go with Chase Thomas and Okefor in the 2nd. That would give us some real good talent on all levels of the defense. The rest of the draft is solid

Both starting Safeties stink for the Bengals. I say this as a guy who lives just outside Cincinnati and am forced to watch them play ever week. Getting a pair of elite Safeties in this draft will go a long way, to improving the team. If I were them, I would spend all my draft picks on LB's, Safeties and a Nickleback (assuming Kirkpatrick takes a starting CB position.)
5nick5

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Amerson? No. I think he stays anyway.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would we draft jarvis jones? Especially with his questionable health.

I think we would take Luke there.
Mikek163

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way in a blue hell would the Chiefs draft a DE over Poyer. Unless Pioli is somehow still running this ship next year I dont see it happening.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
David Amerson? No. I think he stays anyway.

You desperately need CB help and he is the best on the board.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:

Questionable health? Jones is playing today, so he must be fine. Jones is the best available player and it's not even close. He is a monster who immediately makes your defense better. You just don't pass on those types of players.

Joeckel is not an elite OT. He just happens to be the best of a very poor class. Do you want to draft a so-so player, because it's an immediate need or take an elite player, because he's available? I'd do the latter. In reality, you'd probably trade down, but I don't do trades.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
No way in a blue hell would the Chiefs draft a DE over Poyer. Unless Pioli is somehow still running this ship next year I dont see it happening.

Before saying this, you gotta see Chris Jones play. I like this guy much better than Muhammad Wilkerson (who I loved) and Wilkerson was a first round pick by the Jets. Jones is a monster pass rusher and could be a very special, 3-4 DE. I don't think you'll have to worry though, because by the time pre draft workouts roll around, I expect Jones to be a first round selection. People just aren't paying attention to him now, because of the school he plays for.
drd23

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baltimore Ravens

1. Robert Lester - Bad pick when you couple the fact that there are better prospects still on the board and that this is too high for Lester. Sheldon Richardson or Sam Montgomery here

2. Kevin Reddick - Not bad. I could potentially see a WR like Rodgers go here but ILB is a far bigger need and Rodgers obviously has his issues.

3. Mario Benavides - Looks a decent pick by value but we did just draft a center last year. That said, who knows if he's even ready given that he hasn't been in the conversation to start at LG when there was pretty much an open competition for the spot or at C given Birk's propensity to get blown up in the run game. If this pick was changed, I'd probably go with Vellano (if we don't pick Richardson in the 1st) or WR or CB (if Cary Williams leaves in FA)

4. Earl Watford - Don't know much about him but I'm not sure we'd go with a LG because it seems now that Jah Reid will probably the LG going forward. I'd probably want to go with Michael Buchanon here, but AJ Klein and Kiko Alonso would be tempting

5. Mike Glennon - Nice pick

6. Duron Harmon - Another I don't know much about but with Michael Mauti still on the board, I don't see how he wouldn't be the pick here unless we'd taken another ILB in the 4th. Montori Hughes could be considered here given the state of our NTs

7. Emory Blake - Its a 7th round pick, I'm not going to criticise it this fair out from the draft

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

Questionable health? Jones is playing today, so he must be fine. Jones is the best available player and it's not even close. He is a monster who immediately makes your defense better. You just don't pass on those types of players.

Joeckel is not an elite OT. He just happens to be the best of a very poor class. Do you want to draft a so-so player, because it's an immediate need or take an elite player, because he's available? I'd do the latter. In reality, you'd probably trade down, but I don't do trades.

Questionable health as in an incurable condition which is the same thing Marcus McNeill has.

Anyway, where would Jones play? He's a 34 rush LB, which as of yet, we're not playing.

In the end, Joeckel is the best player in the draft and the Eagles will not pass him up if we get a chance to draft him

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Nobody

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 6th round pick from the Dolphins trade is conditional, based off of playing time. Seeing as how Vontae has missed most of the year, it looks to be ours still.

Where is Matt Elam? He is by far the best safety in this class, I can't see him staying.

The Colts draft is pretty good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: