Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 12: Tennessee Titans @ Jacksonville Jaguars
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Jaguars
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Titans
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Chiefs
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Geno!!
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

Conrad Buff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. V wrote:
charles shelton wrote:
Conrad Buff wrote:
Well... Good to see a win. But I'm still wondering which QB we will draft. Anybody that says we shouldn't draft a QB is a fool. Too bad we didn't have the first pick last year haha.

i disagree...reaching for a qb sets more teams back than passing on one.

also...saying something like that without offering a suggestion as to who that qb should be is just someone blowing smoke out of their keister.

-charles

He's not saying we should reach for a QB, just that we should draft one. He doesn't have to mention which QB we should draft to say that we should.

@Charles ...What do you think we should do in the draft?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DjBuddaH wrote:
Tugboat wrote:

As for Mularkey...I'm also warming to the idea of keeping him around. I'll have to continue to see this sort of offensive production for the next few games, but this offense looks a lot more like what i was expecting when he came over, with Henne at the helm. Gene's tenure, i still think should be over and that very likely means the end of Mularkey as well, but i could be persuaded that keeping Mularkey is a decent idea if this direction carries through the rest of the season.

Lol...I love how some people say "Fire Gene Smith, Fire Gene Smith", but when Chad Henne (who was a pick-up of his) wins a game, and the decision to start Gabbert over Henne in the first place is Mularkey's, people are like "Keep Mularkey and maybe still Fire Gene Smith".

I know some of you will get defensive because it feels like I'm calling you out, but if you do get defensive...you are exactly who I'm talking about, soI guess it worked out.

I are defensive now. Mad

I kid. I know what you're saying, and on the surface it all seems logical:

Gene Smith--->Mike Mularkey--->Henne.

But...

I don't think that's really an honest assessment of the situation, and in the real world where things aren't a direct line from one person to another, there's more too it.

a)Yes, Henne was a Gene hiring. But i don't think many are really viewing him as 'the saviour'. Henne presents opportunity as a 'stopgap' and a transitional QB as we move to a new regime. That's his value, plain and simple. At best...he's a guy we can ride for a year or so while we work out a better plan and build a team. Sure there's a small measure of credit due Gene's way there...but not a whole lot. That's a stretch in the first place as it was extremely evident we would need a serviceable veteran 'backup' this year in the first place. There were only 3-4 legitimate options available and i'm sure QBs were already eyeing up Gabbert as being in a somewhat precarious situation.

b)I don't think you can honestly say the decision to start Gabbert over Henne was Mularkey's. He was brought in here to 'fix' Gabbert and develop him as the future, yes...but that doesn't really have any bearing on whether or not Gabbert was 'Mularkey's Guy'. It was the guy imposed upon him as a project to make something out of. There's a distinction there. I'm highly skeptical of the idea Mularkey came here specifically for the privilege of working with the 'Great Blaine Gabbert'. More likely, he came here because he wanted a HC job and honestly thought he was prepared, and perhaps overconfidently thought Gabbert would be a workable pupil.

c)If Mularkey can get ~100 yard games out of Blackmon and Shorts III while also making good use of Lewis and a healthy dose of the ground game with some guy named after a Cheese...with a thoroughly mediocre at best QB like Henne at the wheel behind a laughable offensive line...That's something. We'll see over the remainder of the season if these games were just a fluke, but you can't ignore that the the whole offense has looked like a legitimate NFL group the past 2 games...and that's Mularkey and Brats offense doing work.

d)Yes, it's easy to buoy support for Gene once again...He found Cecil Shorts III in the 3rd round!!! Gem!!! He found Henne in FA!!! Gem!!! He found Mularkey as a coach!!! Gem!!! But it's never been about one specific hiring/draft/FA in thinking it's time for him to go...and in the same kind, it doesn't make much sense to make it about one specific item in arguing to keep him.

The guy has his merits (Gene Smith), and i'd be happy to keep him on in a lesser role. But realistically...egos can't take that sort of bruising and still decide to stick around.
jagman777

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

henne being decent(to be freaking decided, btw) apparently makes up for drafting blaine gabbert

GEN(E)IUS
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagman777 wrote:
henne being decent(to be freaking decided, btw) apparently makes up for drafting blaine gabbert

GEN(E)IUS

im pretty sure you're kidding...im not okay with passing on kerrigan/amukamara

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conrad Buff wrote:
Mr. V wrote:
charles shelton wrote:
Conrad Buff wrote:
Well... Good to see a win. But I'm still wondering which QB we will draft. Anybody that says we shouldn't draft a QB is a fool. Too bad we didn't have the first pick last year haha.

also...saying something like that without offering a suggestion as to who that qb should be is just someone blowing smoke out of their keister.

-charles

He's not saying we should reach for a QB, just that we should draft one. He doesn't have to mention which QB we should draft to say that we should.

first off...sorry if my reply was coarse. i thought the "fool" comment was directed towards me & replied rather rudely. anyway...

i said in another post that i'd like to see us draft the best pass rusher or offensive tackle that's available. since it's highly unlikely (imo) that we fall out of the top 5 picks, jarvis jones would probably be my top choice right now, but that of course is subject to change after the senior bowl & combine. I am high on the kid werner from fsu, especially after this weekend, though he's likely to be a reach at where we are probably picking. tackle looks a little deeper in this year's draft, so trading down for xtra picks & taking a tackle or even a guard later in the first would probably my dream scenario. i wouldn't mind if they took a flier on a developmental qb later in the draft but haven't really thought about who might fit the bill.

-charles
Conrad Buff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charles shelton wrote:
Conrad Buff wrote:
Mr. V wrote:
charles shelton wrote:
Conrad Buff wrote:

-charles

first off...sorry if my reply was coarse. i thought the "fool" comment was directed towards me & replied rather rudely. anyway...

i said in another post that i'd like to see us draft the best pass rusher or offensive tackle that's available. since it's highly unlikely (imo) that we fall out of the top 5 picks, jarvis jones would probably be my top choice right now, but that of course is subject to change after the senior bowl & combine. I am high on the kid werner from fsu, especially after this weekend, though he's likely to be a reach at where we are probably picking. tackle looks a little deeper in this year's draft, so trading down for xtra picks & taking a tackle or even a guard later in the first would probably my dream scenario. i wouldn't mind if they took a flier on a developmental qb later in the draft but haven't really thought about who might fit the bill.

-charles

No worries bro. And I see what you're saying... It's just that we will have to draft a QB eventually. A franchise QB is the most important position to draft and right now our QB situation is in shambles (though I'm glad we're not KC). We honestly can't go into next year successfully while starting Henne or Gabbert. Though I do respect Henne as a backup and want to see him resigned, the truth is that he won't push our team to the next level.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conrad Buff wrote:
charles shelton wrote:
Conrad Buff wrote:
Mr. V wrote:
charles shelton wrote:
Conrad Buff wrote:

-charles

-charles

No worries bro. And I see what you're saying... It's just that we will have to draft a QB eventually. A franchise QB is the most important position to draft and right now our QB situation is in shambles (though I'm glad we're not KC). We honestly can't go into next year successfully while starting Henne or Gabbert. Though I do respect Henne as a backup and want to see him resigned, the truth is that he won't push our team to the next level.

what it boils down to for me is that i don't think we are just a qb away from the next level. why reach for marginal guys (my opinion of this year's crop of qbs) while passing on a better prospect at other positions of need (we have many)?

-charles
Conrad Buff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

charles shelton wrote:
Conrad Buff wrote:
charles shelton wrote:
Conrad Buff wrote:
Mr. V wrote:
charles shelton wrote:
Conrad Buff wrote:

-charles

-charles

what it boils down to for me is that i don't think we are just a qb away from the next level. why reach for marginal guys (my opinion of this year's crop of qbs) while passing on a better prospect at other positions of need (we have many)?

-charles

You're very right, this year's QB class is pretty sad but I'm certain there will be a few QB's that will be worthy of being future franchise Quarterbacks. I would like to see a QB no doubt but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we drafted a DE... Honestly I have no idea what to expect any year when we draft. If there is a franchise QB on the board then I hope we take him is all that I'm saying. If not then I could see us drafting a dominant defensive lineman considering there are many in this class as far as I am aware. But overall QB > Everything else

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: