Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Seahawks Brandon Browner, Richard Sherman face 4-game ban
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38048
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
Ketchup wrote:
PatriotsWin! wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
PatriotsWin! wrote:
Lmao, I guess players are finally realizing no one is buying the adderall excuse. He probably thinks that by saying he didn't take adderall people will actually believe he did... suuuuure, Sherman. Dude took roids or HGH, wish they would just admit it (i doubt they will of course)
So Cunningham did too right?


Probably.
I LOVE the way on this forum that in a lot of cases if you say something bad about someones favorite team, they automatically get defensive and call out something about your favorite team instead of saying why they feel someone may be wrong. I know Tatupu_64 didn't really get defensive but just bringing up Cunningham just because a Pats fan said what he said is silly.


Not really if your going to poke fun at another team then your own team pulls the same stunt you better be prepared to get it back.


How is he "poking fun" by making an assumption we're all thinking? Either the league has a REAL problem with players with ADD/ADHD, or there is a fire to go along with this smoke, and players are using the "Adderall" out to hide what they were REALLY busted for.

As Jacobys Homey stated in another thread, the NFL is prohibited BY LAW to reveal what a player tested for. HIPPA standards require that employers can not reveal any type of medical records for an employee, past or present. Any sort of admission on WHAT a player has tested positive for comes from the player, and ONLY the player.

It very well could be a case of Adderall, but the truth is...this excuse is getting played out. Either Richard Sherman/Brandon Browner both got caught up in OTHER players using Adderall as an excuse, tarnishing their truthful statement, or there's more to it than that.
_________________

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
_Oypus


Joined: 30 Apr 2012
Posts: 265
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely if Adderall use was this widespread in the NFL, they'd have employed a league-wide doctor or something by now. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 43163
Location: Drinking in a closet until the draft
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeteyPercyPonde wrote:
So I heard on ESPN radio this morning that Sherman supposedly drank from a water bottle that had a crushed up adderall pill from a teammate who had a legal prescription. And if that really is his excuse I am not buying it one bit.
I just started cracking up.

He's going double on the excuses, I see. Now instead of tainted supplements or just "I was taking Adderall." Now it's water tainted with Adderall. This is quite possibly the best excuse ever.
_________________

The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
#JagsOnly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SupeRG00F


Joined: 12 Aug 2012
Posts: 1306
Location: Vancouver, Wa
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
PeteyPercyPonde wrote:
So I heard on ESPN radio this morning that Sherman supposedly drank from a water bottle that had a crushed up adderall pill from a teammate who had a legal prescription. And if that really is his excuse I am not buying it one bit.
I just started cracking up.

He's going double on the excuses, I see. Now instead of tainted supplements or just "I was taking Adderall." Now it's water tainted with Adderall. This is quite possibly the best excuse ever.
That's just a rumor. He texted multiple people and said that wasn't what he said.

Even if it was true he said he drank from someone elses water that they put adderall in for themselves and he didn't know. How is it an excuse?
_________________


Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tylerdouglass


Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 14168
Location: Bellingham, WA
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeteyPercyPonde wrote:
So I heard on ESPN radio this morning that Sherman supposedly drank from a water bottle that had a crushed up adderall pill from a teammate who had a legal prescription. And if that really is his excuse I am not buying it one bit.


This is 1000000x worse than just saying "Yeah, I took illegal PEDs. I apologize."
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sacks98


Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 3834
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sherman already denied that last night he didn't talk to anybody probably either someone wanting to be in the news or someone wanting to get there article out first.

Quote:
According to Mike Garafolo of the USA Today, Sherman is saying that he unknowingly ingested Adderall prescribed to a teammate according to a person familiar with Sherman’s explanation. Sherman’s agent, Kevin Poston, would not speak on the specifics of the case but when presented with the scenario described Poston said, “What appears is not always the case. Hopefully, when the facts come out, justice will prevail.”

Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network also reported the scenario described by Garafolo.

Sherman, however, is completely denying that’s what took place. In a series of texts Monday night, Sherman disputed the accounts being reported by the USA Today and NFL Network.

“It’s totally false,” Sherman said. “It will be resolved in time and I have never taken anything.”


http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/27/browner-sherman-continue-to-deny-taking-peds/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 19800
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the "I didn't take anything excuse". Dude, drug tests don't lie, you OBVIOUSLY had something in your body to set it off. The only way he's getting out of this is if he finds a Braun-esque loophole.
_________________

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ajdodge09


Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 4481
Location: Spokane
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy. These guys may be screwed. I'm not sure how accurate this is but these excuses are jokes.

Quote:
Meanwhile, Browner, who was enrolled in the league's substance abuse program due to an undisclosed incident that happened when he was with the Denver Broncos in 2005, is claiming that there was an irregularity in his most recent testing, and that Browner insists that the person performing the test poured urine from one bottle into another.



http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/richard-sherman-claims-accidentally-ingested-adderall-brandon-browner-034422856--nfl.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
neezy007


Joined: 21 May 2008
Posts: 8797
Location: El Paso
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why guys can't just own it.

"Yeah I took PEDS. I got caught."

I would even like it if they did it with arrogance.

"I got caught and I did it because it made me a better player. I don't regret doing it I regret getting caught."

The excuses are so pathetic. I would probably like them more and would root for them if they just said they cheated and the reason they cheated is because PEDs are awesome.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sacks98


Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 3834
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajdodge09 wrote:
Oh boy. These guys may be screwed. I'm not sure how accurate this is but these excuses are jokes.

Quote:
Meanwhile, Browner, who was enrolled in the league's substance abuse program due to an undisclosed incident that happened when he was with the Denver Broncos in 2005, is claiming that there was an irregularity in his most recent testing, and that Browner insists that the person performing the test poured urine from one bottle into another.



http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/richard-sherman-claims-accidentally-ingested-adderall-brandon-browner-034422856--nfl.html


For the 3rd or 4th time Sherman has denied what was written read the article i posted.

neezy007 wrote:
I don't understand why guys can't just own it.

"Yeah I took PEDS. I got caught."

I would even like it if they did it with arrogance.

"I got caught and I did it because it made me a better player. I don't regret doing it I regret getting caught."

The excuses are so pathetic. I would probably like them more and would root for them if they just said they cheated and the reason they cheated is because PEDs are awesome.


I don't know if there guilty of anything to be honest not saying they aren't though either but if they admit to it then there appeal will be faster if they don't then they can probably draw it out and still play.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ajdodge09


Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 4481
Location: Spokane
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
ajdodge09 wrote:
Oh boy. These guys may be screwed. I'm not sure how accurate this is but these excuses are jokes.

Quote:
Meanwhile, Browner, who was enrolled in the league's substance abuse program due to an undisclosed incident that happened when he was with the Denver Broncos in 2005, is claiming that there was an irregularity in his most recent testing, and that Browner insists that the person performing the test poured urine from one bottle into another.



http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/richard-sherman-claims-accidentally-ingested-adderall-brandon-browner-034422856--nfl.html


For the 3rd or 4th time Sherman has denied what was written read the article i posted.


That's cool. I posted about Browner.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sacks98


Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 3834
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajdodge09 wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
ajdodge09 wrote:
Oh boy. These guys may be screwed. I'm not sure how accurate this is but these excuses are jokes.

Quote:
Meanwhile, Browner, who was enrolled in the league's substance abuse program due to an undisclosed incident that happened when he was with the Denver Broncos in 2005, is claiming that there was an irregularity in his most recent testing, and that Browner insists that the person performing the test poured urine from one bottle into another.



http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/richard-sherman-claims-accidentally-ingested-adderall-brandon-browner-034422856--nfl.html


For the 3rd or 4th time Sherman has denied what was written read the article i posted.


That's cool. I posted about Browner.


According to Browner and his agent he didn't talk to anyone either.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chiefer


Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Posts: 10894
Location: Somewhere in an Arizona Desert...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
I love the "I didn't take anything excuse". Dude, drug tests don't lie, you OBVIOUSLY had something in your body to set it off. The only way he's getting out of this is if he finds a Braun-esque loophole.

Actually they do lie and can be unreliable, why more and more courts are requiring blood testing.

But both testing positive at the same time? Yeah no way that's a coincidence.
_________________
Cham wrote:
You chief fans really want to see what your heart wants you to believe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Harper41


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 19800
Location: Roll Tide Country
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
I love the "I didn't take anything excuse". Dude, drug tests don't lie, you OBVIOUSLY had something in your body to set it off. The only way he's getting out of this is if he finds a Braun-esque loophole.

Actually they do lie and can be unreliable, why more and more courts are requiring blood testing.

But both testing positive at the same time? Yeah no way that's a coincidence.

They can be unreliable because of the people handling them. Thats why so many athletes use the above excuse "Oh well she poured it into another bottle" Hencee why I brought up Ryan Braun
_________________

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Manny/Patrick


Joined: 03 Dec 2007
Posts: 1910
Location: Daly City, CA
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neezy007 wrote:
I don't understand why guys can't just own it.

"Yeah I took PEDS. I got caught."

I would even like it if they did it with arrogance.

"I got caught and I did it because it made me a better player. I don't regret doing it I regret getting caught."

The excuses are so pathetic. I would probably like them more and would root for them if they just said they cheated and the reason they cheated is because PEDs are awesome.


True, as a fan of the SF Giants as much as I hate Melky Cabrera i respect him for admitting what he did.
_________________
Posted September 12th, 2012
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
so it looks like a Ravens 49ers Super Bowl is inevitable, with the Ravens winning it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group