Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Carson Palmer going forward
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oaktown

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Carson Palmer going forward Reply with quote

Carson will be 33 years old this December.

Mark Davis Can say what he wants but the raiders are rebuilding

Palmer cap is 13 million next year.

Reggie will gut the roster more this offseason. Kelly,Seymour ,McClain ,DHB, DMC could be cut or asked to take a pay cut.

Will Palmer even want to stay here ? If he is asked to take a paycut he could say know and force his release ala Wimbley

Most of us want oak to draft defense and they need it. Could drafting a qb become a possibility ?

Thoughts ?
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if he doesn't want to stay he can gtfo. At this point, i hope some stupid team(jets/bills/jags) sees his pretty stats and trades a high pick for him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Carson Palmer going forward Reply with quote

Oaktown wrote:

Reggie will gut the roster more this offseason. Kelly,Seymour ,McClain ,DHB, DMC could be cut or asked to take a pay cut.

Will Palmer even want to stay here ? If he is asked to take a paycut he could say know and force his release ala Wimbley

Most of us want oak to draft defense and they need it. Could drafting a qb become a possibility ?

Thoughts ?
You don't pass on a franchise QB if you don't have one, which is up to the GM to decide.
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can feel hopeful for the draft, as Jenkins was supposed to be our pick and he had 2 picks sixes today.
NickButera

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Young QB, medium aged QB, we can't move forward without a defense. If we end up with a top 5 pick, we better be getting an elite pass rushing DE or elite DT prospect. We need to take shots at getting star quality power on our team. Odds are much better drafting defensive line than QB.

Besides that, I'm still not convinced we are capable of building and equipping a young QB properly enough. When we draft a QB, I want a team good enough to support him.... and not draft a QB hoping he's able to support our team. Because unless you're drafting a Luck type prospect... we're taking a shot in the dark .

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Darkness

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drafting a QB this year would be the cherry on top to a terrible start for this new regime. I don't care what happens with Palmer, but I hope we don't plan our future around a QB from this terrible class.
Oaktown

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We def don't have a franchise qb. This offseason will be interesting

This regime didn't bring Palmer here and might not want him around after this year.

Personally I want oak to draft defense. But this is a topic that could get interesting as we approach the offseason.
ch8878

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing there is no franchise QB in this draft they may have to keep Palmer or get another free agent QB.
thelawoffices

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd hate to draft a QB now. I definitely wouldn't be comfortable throwing a rookie QB into this mess of a roster. Build the trenches and the whole D first is the way to go, IMO.

I don't know who could be an option to start at QB if it's not Palmer next year. I think it will be, though.

mission27 wrote:
I like all different kinds of vines, including that one

#JDI
bitty

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Carson Palmer going forward Reply with quote

Oaktown wrote:

Thoughts ?

Sure they will cut them
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/oakland-tommy-kelly-houston-johnathan-joseph-restructure-contracts-134441919--nfl.html

A remaining player who was a prime candidate for a restructure was veteran defensive tackle Tommy Kelly, who had been scheduled to earn $6 million in non-guaranteed base salary in 2012. On the day before Oakland's season-opening loss to the San Diego Chargers, Kelly agreed to a restructured contract that guaranteed the $6 million he was scheduled to earn while freeing up $3.45 million in space for the Raiders.
In the restructure, Kelly reduced his base salary to the league minimum ($825,000) and the remaining $5.175 million was split between a $2.175 million signing bonus and a $3 million roster bonus, both of which will be prorated over the next three seasons. Kelly's cap numbers in 2013 and 2014 will both increase by $1.75 million, reaching a high $11.099 million next season.

They restructure last year and now the money is guaranteed.
The GM should be fired.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very, very few QBs will succeed behind this offensive line and none will be able to succeed w/ that in consideration as well as our defense being a mess. Carson is making too much money but why add another need when there isn't one right now?

That notion does not make sense to me. There are more people who can be cut who are making entirely too much money (Branch, Seymour, Kelly etc). Say goodbye to them well before we say goodbye to Carson.

PM sig requests.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless we sign a free agent to take over Carson will be back. Maybe at a reduced salary. If mot I can see the team using a stop gap like Alex Smith for a few years. A game manager instead of a guy that still fancies himself as a franchise guy. We have to improve up front and in the secondary. Once we have the talent the LAST thing to trot out there is a young QB.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Totty

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Very, very few QBs will succeed behind this offensive line and none will be able to succeed w/ that in consideration as well as our defense being a mess. Carson is making too much money but why add another need when there isn't one right now?

That notion does not make sense to me. There are more people who can be cut who are making entirely too much money (Branch, Seymour, Kelly etc). Say goodbye to them well before we say goodbye to Carson.

So then, is the answer to draft OL help in the early rounds and suffer with this defense? Or draft 'd' and let carson suffer?

First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Unless we sign a free agent to take over Carson will be back. Maybe at a reduced salary. If mot I can see the team using a stop gap like Alex Smith for a few years. A game manager instead of a guy that still fancies himself as a franchise guy. We have to improve up front and in the secondary. Once we have the talent the LAST thing to trot out there is a young QB.
Plenty of crappy teams, put new QB's on the field this year, and they all look better than us.

Colts
Redskins
Dolphins
Browns

All have plenty of holes and all look better than we do.

Last edited by Nodisrespect on Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
If mot I can see the team using a stop gap like Alex Smith for a few years. A game manager instead of a guy that still fancies himself as a franchise guy. We have to improve up front and in the secondary. Once we have the talent the LAST thing to trot out there is a young QB.

I hope that's what we do. We want to be a run oriented, defensive minded team. Go with a different, cheaper QB and use the resources to build the identity of this team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 1 of 56

Jump to: