Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Carson Palmer going forward
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ch8878

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:
It's okay you guys make all the excuses for the guy. Want to say he's not respnsble for the losses, yet he is the QB and he is not putting points on the board, fair enough make that excuse.

Then you make an excuse for him not putting points on the board. He is the only offensive player on the team that touches the ball every offensive snap, unless we run a wild cat play. He is not scroing points.

Believe me it sucks our defense/special teams hasn't put points on the board either, but CP is not winning us any games either.

Palmer is just av average QB. We could an average QB in free agency or in the draft.

Palooka going back to what you said earlier, this team is in rebuild mode.

They should have went into rebuild mode before the season why wait till now ?

Palmer hasn't played as a $10 Million QB let alone $13 Million he'll be gone next year too.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:
It's okay you guys make all the excuses for the guy. Want to say he's not respnsble for the losses, yet he is the QB and he is not putting points on the board, fair enough make that excuse.

Then you make an excuse for him not putting points on the board. He is the only offensive player on the team that touches the ball every offensive snap, unless we run a wild cat play. He is not scroing points.

Believe me it sucks our defense/special teams hasn't put points on the board either, but CP is not winning us any games either.

Palmer is just av average QB. We could an average QB in free agency or in the draft.

Palooka going back to what you said earlier, this team is in rebuild mode.

It should also be noted that Palmer isn't getting much help. He's hitting guys in the hands who are dropping balls or tipping them to get picked. We've seen DHB drop key 3rd down passes. Moore who is steady drop easy balls. Meyers drop a TD recently that goes down as a pick.

These team is desperate for a #1 WR to take pressure of the QB and the other WRs.

There is a reason Palmer is looking to Reece so much right now. He's reliable. It's not for lack of trying. Too many balls are being dropped or receivers are not where they are suppose to be.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

It should also be noted that Palmer isn't getting much help.

But he touches the ball every play.....

PM sig requests.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

It should also be noted that Palmer isn't getting much help.

But he touches the ball every play.....

I stopped posting this kind of stuff. It really doesn't help matters and ends up in flustered posts that usually avoid logic or the issue at hand.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

“@NFLosophy: Carson Palmer has $13M base salary in '13, $15M in '14. $3.9M bonus proration each yr.”

“@NFLosophy: Raiders save $28M cash over next 2 yrs by waiving Palmer. OAK would save $9.1M in cap in '13. As June 1 designation, save $13M in cap in '13”

“@NFLosophy: Look on the bright side OAK fans, Carson has already collected all his guarantees. You don't actually owe him anything else if he's waived”

“ @NFLosophy Great job by GM McKenzie redoing CP and Seymour's contracts. Disappointing '12 but Raider front office finally thinking long term”
Dessie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oaktown wrote:
“@NFLosophy: Carson Palmer has $13M base salary in '13, $15M in '14. $3.9M bonus proration each yr.”

“@NFLosophy: Raiders save $28M cash over next 2 yrs by waiving Palmer. OAK would save $9.1M in cap in '13. As June 1 designation, save $13M in cap in '13”

“@NFLosophy: Look on the bright side OAK fans, Carson has already collected all his guarantees. You don't actually owe him anything else if he's waived”

“ @NFLosophy Great job by GM McKenzie redoing CP and Seymour's contracts. Disappointing '12 but Raider front office finally thinking long term”

Hopefully we can restructure Palmer to a more cap friendly contract. Really don't want to go through mediocre QBs like we did with Aaron Brooks, Andrew Walter, Daunte Culpepper, Josh McCown and then end up reaching for a QB (Russell). Keep Palmer to play while we develop or can draft our QBOTF.
#clueless
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
Oaktown wrote:

Hopefully we can restructure Palmer to a more cap friendly contract. Really don't want to go through mediocre QBs like we did with Aaron Brooks, Andrew Walter, Daunte Culpepper, Josh McCown and then end up reaching for a QB (Russell). Keep Palmer to play while we develop or can draft our QBOTF.

I absolutely agree w/ this and I'm pretty sure it will happen like you want.

PM sig requests.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Oaktown wrote:

I second that. But nice to know we have the option to get out of it if needed.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Oaktown wrote:

I second that. But nice to know we have the option to get out of it if needed.

+1, I think I'm back on the Keep Palmer side of it. I was and then I got sick of everything and thought we'd have to spend an extra X amount of guaranteed money to keep him so I guess this changes things a bit. Tbh, I really don't think we could do better in FA.

Wouldn't mind looking at a rookie QB to groom next year like Landry Jones even in the 3rd. I'm really starting to like the idea of Jones. Don't know much about him but from what I've read, his biggest problems are coachable.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Wouldn't mind looking at a rookie QB to groom next year like Landry Jones even in the 3rd. I'm really starting to like the idea of Jones. Don't know much about him but from what I've read, his biggest problems are coachable.

Precisely. He's got all the physical talent in the world and should be able to succeed IMO. Dysert is more of the same but he's much, much more raw. Either one of these two, sit behind Palmer for a year or two then throw them in. I'd take my chances if we were to start that grooming period next season. I'm not saying I'm for it, personally, due to the numerous holes on the team but if this is the way they want to go about things, I'm in.

PM sig requests.
dante9876

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you guys who have complain over the years about flushing money down the toilet with Al Davis silly contracts what to invest 28 million on a team with limited cap room on a QB who cant win with this team. OMG. Seymour and Palmer contracts was made the way they were so Reggie can cut bait. Cant wait to he does.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
So you guys who have complain over the years about flushing money down the toilet with Al Davis silly contracts what to invest 28 million on a team with limited cap room on a QB who cant win with this team. OMG. Seymour and Palmer contracts was made the way they were so Reggie can cut bait. Cant wait to he does.

Peyton Manning with Vick's Legs would struggle too. Point is, I don't think we'd be able to find better than Palmer. Or are you saying you'd rather take the L's with a lesser QB and just not have to pay Palmer? I mean, obviously you have an agenda against him so naturally you want him gone, but am I getting the other part right?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:

Referring to what the thread title says, Carson Palmer and going forward don't belong in the same sentence. He won't take us forward.

But realistically, we're desperate with him and totally screwed without him. We have QB problems, big time. Kelly and Seymour are much more easily replaced.
dante9876

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Peyton Manning with Vick's Legs would struggle too. Point is, I don't think we'd be able to find better than Palmer. Or are you saying you'd rather take the L's with a lesser QB and just not have to pay Palmer? I mean, obviously you have an agenda against him so naturally you want him gone, but am I getting the other part right?

I have an agenda against him? How? For calling him out on his mistakes. Also if What you said would struggle here again I ask why keep 28 mill towards him. People really do believe that we going to get rid of Knapp and our offense will flourish. Mcfadden is still gonna suck behind a ZBS, Our wideouts are still gonna drop passes, At least one position is gonna be a problem on our oline. How much change do people expect once Knapp is gone. The offense will be better but not a huge jump and not enough to cover up a bad defense. One draft, a new o-cord and limited cap isnt gonna to put this team in the playoffs next year. So why invest 28 mill in the guy?
dante9876

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Referring to what the thread title says, Carson Palmer and going forward don't belong in the same sentence. He won't take us forward.

But realistically, we're desperate with him and totally screwed without him. We have QB problems, big time. Kelly and Seymour are much more easily replaced.

I will take a 2 or 3 win team over a 5 or 6 win team at our current state. Once games start I will cheer to win but looking at the future picture Ill take a high first and second and third again next year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 13 of 56

Jump to: