Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL won't suspend Suh for low blow against Schaub
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
reckless123


Joined: 02 Jun 2011
Posts: 11494
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they may not see it as suspension worthy and plus it wouldnt be fair to suspend Suh when you didnt suspend Brian Robison. He only got fined. So Suh got the same penalty.
_________________


"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaytrajik


Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 13609
Location: Odessa/Houston
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's amazing that some are still defending Suh. Just because it didn't draw a suspension doesn't mean he isn't guilty.

Goodell fails on consistency anyway.Not surprised
_________________


life is one huge game that infinite awareness has with itself
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Flaccomania


Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 21857
Location: Parkville, MD
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:
its sad that the only time Suh is in the news is due to him making a pretty big mistake or getting to aggressive.. because off the field he is actually what seems to be a really good philanthropist and does a bunch of the community. but.. this is the 21st century and people like to talk about the bad and overlook the good.. Its getting harder and harder to be a fan of Suh because of all his "antics" and "incidents"

I love his game on the field when hes not making a bonehead move.. and I think hes genuine off the field as well..


Did you forget about that whole hit and run incident? He isn't exactly a saint off the field.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 49276
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
coors wrote:
its sad that the only time Suh is in the news is due to him making a pretty big mistake or getting to aggressive.. because off the field he is actually what seems to be a really good philanthropist and does a bunch of the community. but.. this is the 21st century and people like to talk about the bad and overlook the good.. Its getting harder and harder to be a fan of Suh because of all his "antics" and "incidents"

I love his game on the field when hes not making a bonehead move.. and I think hes genuine off the field as well..


Did you forget about that whole hit and run incident? He isn't exactly a saint off the field.




THERE WAS NO HIT AND RUN

In fact there is 911 tale showing Suh made first call and was directed to wait at practice facility for police.

Helps actually knowing the facts!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25350
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
Love how this is being turned around to Harrison simply cuz I am a Steeler fan.

Suh's offenses while not career threatening are malicious in their intent. The stomp... the forearm to Cutler... this kick and many others show him as a dirty player. Plain and simple!

If you fine him you agree he did something wrong. So a suspension should come with it.


If Harrison has a hit like.his past hits that were fined I will be the first to say suspend him!


The forearm to Cutlers back, when he was a RB was a ridiculous call.

The stomp, I agree and Suh paid the price for that.

If they fine him it shows it was an infraction but not worthy of suspension. A fine indicates the contact wasn't on purpose.

Every week players are fined for hits that didnt start out illegal but ended up that way. A helmet riding up a players chest contacting the head is a prime example.

The league has access to every available angle. They would suspend Suh in a heart beat if they thought it would stick.

Suh is a very aggressive player that has crossed the line previously. I disagree with those that claim this kick was intentional or malicious.

Labelling a defensive tackle as a dirty player is redundant. Linemen, regardless of which side of the ball are dirty and the linemen that oppose Suh every week get away with far to much. Suh is a young player and because of past transgressions he gets extra attention in an effort to get him to snap.
He is held on far to many occasions but seldom is a flag thrown. His eyes have been gouged, he's been punched. Of course there's the famous Grenn Bay stunt of untieing his shoes repeatedly in the pile. That was last Thanksgiving for those that don't remember.

Suh just happens to be the flavour of the day. There were numerous occurrences this past week far worse than anything Suh has every done but they haven't caught the imagination of the fans in this forum.
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 25350
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaytrajik wrote:
It's amazing that some are still defending Suh. Just because it didn't draw a suspension doesn't mean he isn't guilty.

Goodell fails on consistency anyway.Not surprised


That's your opinion and you're welcome to it however its YOUR opinion and doesn't represent fact. Others have a different opinion.

I find it equally amazing how fans are so quick to demonize Suh. This incident clearly shows that fans will go to great lengths to find fault with him. Thank goodness in the civilian legal system there is a think called beyond reasonable doubt.
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flaccomania


Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 21857
Location: Parkville, MD
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
coors wrote:
its sad that the only time Suh is in the news is due to him making a pretty big mistake or getting to aggressive.. because off the field he is actually what seems to be a really good philanthropist and does a bunch of the community. but.. this is the 21st century and people like to talk about the bad and overlook the good.. Its getting harder and harder to be a fan of Suh because of all his "antics" and "incidents"

I love his game on the field when hes not making a bonehead move.. and I think hes genuine off the field as well..


Did you forget about that whole hit and run incident? He isn't exactly a saint off the field.




THERE WAS NO HIT AND RUN

In fact there is 911 tale showing Suh made first call and was directed to wait at practice facility for police.

Helps actually knowing the facts!


"Wait at practice facility" -- is that where the accident occurred? I'm not saying he was guilty of it, but he was certainly accused of it, and it's certainly not the only traffic incident he's been involved in. My point remains -- he's not exactly some flawless character off the field.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eagles101


Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Posts: 8762
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
coors wrote:
its sad that the only time Suh is in the news is due to him making a pretty big mistake or getting to aggressive.. because off the field he is actually what seems to be a really good philanthropist and does a bunch of the community. but.. this is the 21st century and people like to talk about the bad and overlook the good.. Its getting harder and harder to be a fan of Suh because of all his "antics" and "incidents"

I love his game on the field when hes not making a bonehead move.. and I think hes genuine off the field as well..


Did you forget about that whole hit and run incident? He isn't exactly a saint off the field.




THERE WAS NO HIT AND RUN

In fact there is 911 tale showing Suh made first call and was directed to wait at practice facility for police.

Helps actually knowing the facts!


"Wait at practice facility" -- is that where the accident occurred? I'm not saying he was guilty of it, but he was certainly accused of it, and it's certainly not the only traffic incident he's been involved in. My point remains -- he's not exactly some flawless character off the field.


the 911 operator told him he could and the police knew where he was going to be. its not a hit and run. they also couldnt prove who caused the accident. that should not be held against him.

but he has no prior incidents like this. he has had issue with dirty/borderline dirty plays. and one incident of letting his anger get the best of him....but not taking shots like this at players. so that plus no way of clearly or semi clearly knowing he meant to do it means he shouldnt be suspended or fined.
_________________

props to deadpulse

vikingsvikings wrote:

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flaccomania


Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 21857
Location: Parkville, MD
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:

but he has no prior incidents like this. he has had issue with dirty/borderline dirty plays. and one incident of letting his anger get the best of him....but not taking shots like this at players. so that plus no way of clearly or semi clearly knowing he meant to do it means he shouldnt be suspended or fined.


So wait..

"He doesn't have a history of this... except that one time. Oh, and this other stuff that's semi-related. But he's never tried to kick a guy in the crotch before."
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RuskieTitan


Joined: 29 Apr 2007
Posts: 37809
Location: Front lines of Titania
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the reason they fine him is because it WAS a kick in the nuts, but aren't suspending him because they believe he wasn't doing it intentionally. I think the league sees it as an accident, but still has to punish Suh for what happened. If they thought intent was there, they'd suspend him as well.
_________________

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eagles101


Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Posts: 8762
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
eagles101 wrote:

but he has no prior incidents like this. he has had issue with dirty/borderline dirty plays. and one incident of letting his anger get the best of him....but not taking shots like this at players. so that plus no way of clearly or semi clearly knowing he meant to do it means he shouldnt be suspended or fined.


So wait..

"He doesn't have a history of this... except that one time. Oh, and this other stuff that's semi-related. But he's never tried to kick a guy in the crotch before."


no. he has a history of tackling very roughly. dirty or not dirty that is what he does...a lot. he has one time of getting into a fight with another player and stomping him.

he does not have a history of cheap shots. things of this nature. the kicking in the down stairs, hitting people just to hit them, or what have you.
_________________

props to deadpulse

vikingsvikings wrote:

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingshomer


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 2229
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
Well they may not see it as suspension worthy and plus it wouldnt be fair to suspend Suh when you didnt suspend Brian Robison. He only got fined. So Suh got the same penalty.
Does Robison have a history of this?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
reckless123


Joined: 02 Jun 2011
Posts: 11494
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingshomer wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
Well they may not see it as suspension worthy and plus it wouldnt be fair to suspend Suh when you didnt suspend Brian Robison. He only got fined. So Suh got the same penalty.
Does Robison have a history of this?


How do you mean? Are you talking about Suh's history? Thats irrelevant, a kick in the nuts is a kick in the nuts. Especially when you consider the fact that he Robison's kick was intentional as it gets. While Suh's kick we are still debating whether it was intentional.
_________________


"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boltstrikes


Moderator
Joined: 15 Feb 2006
Posts: 6039
Location: LA MIRADA, CA
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:


I find it equally amazing how fans are so quick to demonize Suh. This incident clearly shows that fans will go to great lengths to find fault with him. Thank goodness in the civilian legal system there is a think called beyond reasonable doubt.


Life ain't easy for a boy named Suh.
_________________


EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group