Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL won't suspend Suh for low blow against Schaub
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The angle where you can see Schauby's back and Suhs head as he is falling .. its soo obvious Suh can see Schauby out of the corner of his eye and the pulling back or cocking of his to knee to delivery a kick to Schauby's lower body.

30K seems so light for this.. should of been 50K.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
The angle where you can see Schauby's back and Suhs head as he is falling .. its soo obvious Suh can see Schauby out of the corner of his eye and the pulling back or cocking of his to knee to delivery a kick to Schauby's lower body.

30K seems so light for this.. should of been 50K.

Again, all that's obvious is he's trying to kick. That's it. Trying to specifically kick Schaub's lower body? You really can't prove that to the level of "obvious". Trying to kick ANYthing with accuracy? The same. Seeing out of the "corner of your eye" while wearing a football helmet which can tend to impair peripheral vision some, particularly when falling face-down toward the ground. If it were evident that Suh twisted his neck to get a better view of Schaub, I'd be more willing to buy how "obvious" it was that he was intending to kick Schaub in the lower region.

It's just a careless kick made to try and impact the play if he still can. It's illegal, hence why it's being fined. The thing I'm not sure people grasp is that the Ted Cottrell and the folks who handle the disciplinary stuff are instructed to rule based upon the act committed not in the context of the result the act achieved. Suh threw of kick. Yes, that kick struck Schaub in the groin, but unless there's indisputable evidence that Suh took aim at Schaub's junk and hauled off with the kick intentionally, it's not correct (in the scope they're given) to punish him as though he had and based upon the result.

And it's with this respect that I think Bunkley's hosed. He may benefit from his having less prior offenses than Suh, but you can clearly see Bunkley stop, bend over to say something or hear something from the player at his feet, then start to straighten up before kicking the guy in the back of the head.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
eagles101 wrote:

but he has no prior incidents like this. he has had issue with dirty/borderline dirty plays. and one incident of letting his anger get the best of him....but not taking shots like this at players. so that plus no way of clearly or semi clearly knowing he meant to do it means he shouldnt be suspended or fined.

So wait..

"He doesn't have a history of this... except that one time. Oh, and this other stuff that's semi-related. But he's never tried to kick a guy in the crotch before."

no. he has a history of tackling very roughly. dirty or not dirty that is what he does...a lot. he has one time of getting into a fight with another player and stomping him.

he does not have a history of cheap shots. things of this nature. the kicking in the down stairs, hitting people just to hit them, or what have you.

Again, what you're saying is "He doesn't have a history of doing it, except that one time."

shouldnt argue with you since i know when you get something in head that someone is saying theres nothing that can change your mind.....but what im saying is his previous on the field action are not related to this one. the things he normally does is not even remotely close to this...and the ONE thing that he has done is also not really in the same ball field as this.

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is simply the NFL trying to protect its reputation by fining Suh. If this hasn't been a national story, I bet he wouldn't have been fined
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
This is simply the NFL trying to protect its reputation by fining Suh. If this hasn't been a national story, I bet he wouldn't have been fined
Yeah, and if Bunkley doesn't get anything, this will prove it.
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
tytalton

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
its soo obvious Suh can see Schauby out of the corner of his eye and the pulling back or cocking of his to knee to delivery a kick to Schauby's lower body.

The 'cocking' is Suh's foot hitting Sally's hand and the 'delivery of a kick' is his foot going in the same direction it started in when Newton took him down....there are plenty of angles out there that show his leg going out as the OL holds him. Suh's momentum almost flips him over and that's when Suh's foot hits poor Sally in the spot where a man's genitalia would be located. And then the whole victim routine afterwords. Come on!

Seriously? Trying to say he cocked his leg and kicked him? Spare me...Schaub is no more a victim than Cutler was from being pushed or Smith was after fighting with Suh last thanksgiving.

Cocks his leg? That's the stupidest exaggeration I have heard yet...
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. The "cocking" of his foot is dumb. His foot came down as he was falling.

Suh then lifted and extended his foot to kick towards Schaub. Whether he was going for Schaub's crotch or not I would say is up for debate.

But he did kick on purpose... and he did land a shot in Schaub's crotch.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
tytalton

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjbqEx2v_4o

Guys here is that opposite angle I was talking about....

No cock Very Happy
kmvoss

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fine is enough of a validation for me. Arguing with apologists is frivolous.
Clearly intentional and I think future infractions will only lend credence. Dude is building a resume and I don't see it stopping any time soon.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmvoss wrote:
The fine is enough of a validation for me. Arguing with apologists is frivolous.
Clearly intentional and I think future infractions will only lend credence. Dude is building a resume and I don't see it stopping any time soon.

Last time I checked two incidents is not really building anything. That resume would get you laughed out of a job interview

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
kmvoss wrote:

Last time I checked two incidents is not really building anything. That resume would get you laughed out of a job interview

Comparing a job resume to a resume of dirty hits (3, not 2. Delhomme, Thanksgiving stomp, crotch kick) is the only thing that's laughable.

Suh has a history. There's no way around it, and denying it does nothing for your credibility as a poster.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
kmvoss wrote:

Comparing a job resume to a resume of dirty hits (3, not 2. Delhomme, Thanksgiving stomp, crotch kick) is the only thing that's laughable.

Suh has a history. There's no way around it, and denying it does nothing for your credibility as a poster.

Well, I don't want to end up like you so...

BURN SUH ALIVE!!
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
I agree. The "cocking" of his foot is dumb. His foot came down as he was falling.

Suh then lifted and extended his foot to kick towards Schaub. Whether he was going for Schaub's crotch or not I would say is up for debate.

I did't say cocking his foot.. i said his leg which what i meant knee.. there is a obvious bend in knee that he makes before straightening his leg into Schaub.

this is the slow motion video from the view i was talking about and you can see it at 0:05 seconds if you pause it right there..Schaub has the ball out most the lineman are pulled off ..Suh just landed on the ground tilted on his side slightly facing Schaub with his foot near Schaubs lower body(just means in general his lower body) and he can see/is aware of exactly where Schaub and knee is bend and his legs thrust out and his foot makes hits Schaub perfectly. 0:05

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Nnivolcm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:

I did't say cocking his foot.. i said his leg which what i meant knee.. there is a obvious bend in knee that he makes before straightening his leg into Schaub.

this is the slow motion video from the view i was talking about and you can see it at 0:05 seconds if you pause it right there..Schaub has the ball out most the lineman are pulled off ..Suh just landed on the ground tilted on his side slightly facing Schaub with his foot near Schaubs lower body(just means in general his lower body) and he can see/is aware of exactly where Schaub and knee is bend and his legs thrust out and his foot makes hits Schaub perfectly. 0:05

You are really reaching if you think that video shows intent. Looks like a guy getting pulled to the ground to me.

Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:

If they fine him it shows it was an infraction but not worthy of suspension. A fine indicates the contact wasn't on purpose.

No.

Players don't get fined for accidental contact to the groin. If he's fined it's 100% because they deemed it to be intentional.

Which wouldn't make sense.

They should either deem it intentional and hand out a suspension or not penalize it all if they're not certain it was intentional.

Got it do every fine means those guys intentionally lead with hear, horse collared, hit defenseless receiver and so on.

Guess I missed memo saying fine = intentional.

To the groin?

He specifically said "to the groin"

CK on the sig

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: