Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Blaine Gabbert
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will Blaine Gabbert start next year?
Yes
42%
 42%  [ 9 ]
No
57%
 57%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 21

KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/22/sig-stats-snapshot-passing-under-pressure/

Cool article showing how good he is under pressure.

TEDDY TEDDY TEDDY

Props to JMG on the sig
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/22/sig-stats-snapshot-passing-under-pressure/

Cool article showing how good he is under pressure.

Laughing Laughing He's top 5

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI
iPwn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That can only mean one thing!

Don't fix the o-line!

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eugene Monroe-Mike Brewster-Will Rackley-Uche Nwaneri-Draft Pick/Cameron Bradfield/Sebirius Voldemer pls

Depth: Cameron Bradfield (LT/RT), Guy Whimper (RT/RG), Drew Nowak (LG/RG), John Estes (C/LG)

If everyone were to be healthy, I don't think that'd be terrible. I think once we get some people back and get a bit more experience and maybe a tad bit more depth (need a starter at RT which would instantaneously create better depth) and I think the line could be a bit better than it has been.

Or with another year, Brewster and Rackley could suck again and the RT position could continue to be a turnstile. :3

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Eugene Monroe-Mike Brewster-Will Rackley-Uche Nwaneri-Draft Pick/Cameron Bradfield/Sebirius Voldemer pls

Depth: Cameron Bradfield (LT/RT), Guy Whimper (RT/RG), Drew Nowak (LG/RG), John Estes (C/LG)

If everyone were to be healthy, I don't think that'd be terrible. I think once we get some people back and get a bit more experience and maybe a tad bit more depth (need a starter at RT which would instantaneously create better depth) and I think the line could be a bit better than it has been.

Or with another year, Brewster and Rackley could suck again and the RT position could continue to be a turnstile. :3

The plan was to IR/Stash Rackley (Center) and Brewster/Norwak (Guard) and get them ready for next year, with all the other injuries, Brewster couldn't stay injured. I think the line is set however, and outside of depth purposes, I don't expect to take one very high, if at all in the draft. The exception is if the new GM/Coaches want to change something up.

#JDI
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear all these people saying Gabbert is horrible and Henne was descent.. and Gabbert was 1-9.. But how many games did Henne win again? The talent on this team is pathetic Henne proved damn near a perfect game still couldn't put this team in the win column which is pretty pathetic. Mularkey didn't separate himself from anything because the talent pool on this team is still bad.
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuvalsKing wrote:
I hear all these people saying Gabbert is horrible and Henne was descent.. and Gabbert was 1-9.. But how many games did Henne win again? The talent on this team is pathetic Henne proved damn near a perfect game still couldn't put this team in the win column which is pretty pathetic. Mularkey didn't separate himself from anything because the talent pool on this team is still bad.

Henne has only had one game that can be called "damn near perfect", and it was a W.

#JDI
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuvalsKing wrote:

Henne has been just as bad, but Blackmon definitely has thrived more with Chad

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
DuvalsKing wrote:

Henne has been just as bad, but Blackmon definitely has thrived more with Chad
And that could just be that he finally figured it out. I remember reading something where Mularkey said that Blackmon looked different in practice ever since the week leading up to that Houston game, like he finally understood what he needed to do and how to do it.

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
DuvalsKing wrote:

Henne has only had one game that can be called "damn near perfect", and it was a W.

In case you forgot we lost that game in OT to the Texans.
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuvalsKing wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
DuvalsKing wrote:

Henne played better against the Titans. WRs didn't bail him out. Cmp% wasn't crap. Was making far better throws.

#JDI
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
DuvalsKing wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
DuvalsKing wrote:

Henne played better against the Titans. WRs didn't bail him out. Cmp% wasn't crap. Was making far better throws.

Can you say that Gabbert could have played better yes but you can't put all the loses directly at Gabbert's feet I ask you this did Gabbert play well enough to get you a W in these games?

Vikings
Oakland
Green Bay?

Am I saying Gabbert played lights out no not even close But in those 3 games Gabbert gave you enough to win like i've been sayin the talent pool on this team is below the rest of the league not to mention that we are always among the leagues teams with the highest IR's in season and this dates back to when Coughlin was head coach I don't know what it is but we can't seem to find talent nor guys that can stay on the field to produce I just don't get it.
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we stick with Gabbert, here are a few positives to try to build on:

- Since the bye week, his completion % was 62.12%

- 5/9 games with 10+ attempts he had a QB Rating of 80 or higher compared to 3/14 his rookie year (Comparison: Chad Henne was 3/9 this season)

- 6 TDs and 0 INTs with a 97.2 QB Rating in the redzone

- 4 TDs and 0 INTs with a 106.2 QB Rating in the last two minutes of a half

- 4 TDs and 0 INTs with a 99.4 QB Rating when the score margin was within 7 points

- When ahead by 1-8 points he had 1 TD and 0 INTs with a 94.9 QB Rating

- When behind by 1-8 points he had 5 TDs and 1 INT with an 88.9 QB Rating

- Quarter-by-quarter stats

1st: 39/63 61.9% 438 yards 1 TD 0 INTs 87.9 QB Rating
2nd: 44/82 53.7% 428 yards 3 TDs 0 INTs 80.7 QB Rating
3rd: 27/46 58.7% 277 yards 1 TD 4 INTs 47.1 QB Rating
4th: 52/84 61.9% 519 yards 4 TDs 2 INTs 85.4 QB Rating

4th within 7: 16/26 61.5% 257 yards 2 TDs 0 INTs 120.2 QB Rating

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess thats something but i just dont see him getting another chance for us. A new GM will want his own guy either drafted or in FA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
I guess thats something but i just dont see him getting another chance for us. A new GM will want his own guy either drafted or in FA

I agree with that statement especially if he (New GM) goes on what others around the league say.. but if he evaluated the talent for himself and let the process weight it self out Blaine maybe could get one more run at it especially since I don't see any way we get a legit this is the guy going into next season QBs just don't fall from the sky. Maybe B.G. sitting for those last 6 games might be the spark he needs and maybe it showed him where he could improve his game.. I know he can't be afraid to sling it he has to attack the deep part of the field and be more accurate deep he has the arm talent he has to use it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: