Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders cut LB Rolando McClain; Update - Suspended instead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dammit McClain, GET OFF MY TEAM.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

shawn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe they are thinking about holding onto him for the rest of the year, and trading him. His value is basically crap, but even adding a 6th round pick or less is better than getting nothing for the guy they wasted the 8th pick on.

either way, cut or not cut. I think his time in Oakland is basically over.

sig made by mike23md
big_palooka

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
In 3-4 team he can definitely be a starter for another 8 years or so. He's not as bad as Raider fans make out tbh. He's been no worse than Wheeler or Burris really, certainly not Wheeler. One thing is that he rarely makes any plays but he still doesn't abused as often as Wheeler in coverage or in the run game. He's average but if you pay him like he's average then wouldn't be to bad.

Funnily enough the Raiders still haven't cut him and it seems people were a bit hastey in reporting it.

Coming from his biggest apologist.

I'll take Greg Cosell's take on him. I respect that guys eye and he's dead on.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn wrote:
maybe they are thinking about holding onto him for the rest of the year, and trading him. His value is basically crap, but even adding a 6th round pick or less is better than getting nothing for the guy they wasted the 8th pick on.

I think that's the hope. His trade value is pretty much non-exsistant however.

Just need 1 team willing to take a chance.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Raidin wrote:
In 3-4 team he can definitely be a starter for another 8 years or so. He's not as bad as Raider fans make out tbh. He's been no worse than Wheeler or Burris really, certainly not Wheeler. One thing is that he rarely makes any plays but he still doesn't abused as often as Wheeler in coverage or in the run game. He's average but if you pay him like he's average then wouldn't be to bad.

Funnily enough the Raiders still haven't cut him and it seems people were a bit hastey in reporting it.

Coming from his biggest apologist.

I'll take Greg Cosell's take on him. I respect that guys eye and he's dead on.

Cosell could be right, haven't seen any of the other 4-3 MLBs often enough. But I don't think he's even the worst Linebacker on our team, although that doesn't say much for his ability either considering the competition.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

Laughing

TommyC376 on the sig...
91jmay

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dissapointed he wasn't cut. The scheme stuff is garbage, he isn't a good football player - end of story.

He is slow as death, has no football instincts and is eaten alive in coverage.

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
bzane

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
shawn wrote:

Gosh, if this situation gets any worse, the Raiders may have to throw in a first-round pick just to have another team take Rollo off their hands.
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:

I'm still curious as to what McClain has shown you that all of the experts/media/coaches/Raider fans have apparently missed.

You said yourself he doesn't make any plays, yet you're the only person who has been defending him for the passed year or so (at least).
Raidin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
Raidin wrote:

I'm still curious as to what McClain has shown you that all of the experts/media/coaches/Raider fans have apparently missed.

You said yourself he doesn't make any plays, yet you're the only person who has been defending him for the passed year or so (at least).

He's average. No more average than Burris or Wheeler. In fact he's actually better than Wheeler tbh. Wheeler had his one good game against the Steelers but he's done nothing of note apart from that game except get gashed in coverage and do nothing in the run game. Difference is Raider fans base act as if McClain is on a level below these players when he clearly isn't. Burris at least his a rookie but on the flip side McClain is a still a year younger than him.

I suppose I feel that if the guy got some decent coaching he'd have a chance, barring maybe this year, I don't think he's ever had that at a pro level. I think he's improved this year in terms of shedding blocks and coverage, still not great though. I also find it strange how a guy how a guy who was considered an excellent off-field presence at Alabama in terms of work ethic in the film room has now become lazy and dis-interest on an nfl level. I never heard any rumours about him being lazy like that for us yet I've seen it mentioned a few times.

I could well be the only person wrong about him having some kind of potential, as I said we'll find out soon and it will be interesting to see how he does on another team.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bzane wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
shawn wrote:

Gosh, if this situation gets any worse, the Raiders may have to throw in a first-round pick just to have another team take Rollo off their hands.
You're hilarious.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He ain't no John McClain

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Nightmare

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bzane wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
shawn wrote:

That joke works in certain situations. This isn't one of them. Unlucky.
91jmay

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin in what world is Rolando McClain average? Tell me one thing he does to an average NFL standard?

Wheeler started the year very well and has tailed off late. McClain was not even starting for a lot of this year. Your commitment to being the forums contrarian is cute, but it looks silly when literally anyone who has took a cursory glance at the Raiders could tell you Burris/Wheeler are better. At least they have had a good game or two.

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: