Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders cut LB Rolando McClain; Update - Suspended instead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Raidin


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 5183
Location: Dublin
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Raidin in what world is Rolando McClain average? Tell me one thing he does to an average NFL standard?

Wheeler started the year very well and has tailed off late. McClain was not even starting for a lot of this year. Your commitment to being the forums contrarian is cute, but it looks silly when literally anyone who has took a cursory glance at the Raiders could tell you Burris/Wheeler are better. At least they have had a good game or two.



Average in coverage and against the run. Wheeler has one good game, the rest are pretty terrible. He's been embarrassed in coverage and in the run game far more than McClain this year, even through the first few games when we both saw a good bit of the field.

I'd rather consistent averageness with one or two terrible plays than 2 forced fumbles, a couple of decent rushes and then the rest garbage. It's all a matter of taste though I suppose.
_________________
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Matt Flynn is going to do a good job. He has a poise about him and that's good to see. I am ecstatic to welcome him into the Raider Nation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
91jmay


Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 24153
Location: Wonderland
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Average in coverage? Are you serious? McClain might be the worst coverage MLB i've ever seen.

I'm not even going to address your comments about the run game. Thats how farcical they are.
_________________
THE MAD STORK wrote:

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Raidin


Joined: 05 Mar 2007
Posts: 5183
Location: Dublin
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Average in coverage? Are you serious? McClain might be the worst coverage MLB i've ever seen.

I'm not even going to address your comments about the run game. Thats how farcical they are.



Good back up there, you've definitely shown me. I mean clearly the guy isn't a patch on stud Wheeler who pretty much never gets burnt in coverage or eat up by a blocker. Laughing Laughing
_________________
BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Matt Flynn is going to do a good job. He has a poise about him and that's good to see. I am ecstatic to welcome him into the Raider Nation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sirensong


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 1143
Location: Vancouver BC
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
91jmay wrote:
Average in coverage? Are you serious? McClain might be the worst coverage MLB i've ever seen.

I'm not even going to address your comments about the run game. Thats how farcical they are.



Good back up there, you've definitely shown me. I mean clearly the guy isn't a patch on stud Wheeler who pretty much never gets burnt in coverage or eat up by a blocker. Laughing Laughing


Neither of them are very good, but Mclain is far from average.... Hes awful, hes such a slug out there and is useless in coverage and is far from good against the run as well.

He needs to be in a 3-4 and even then I dont think hes got much left.
_________________
L.O.B.- D!CK, BOOM BOOM, ET, BB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bzane


Joined: 23 Jan 2006
Posts: 520
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nightmare wrote:
bzane wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
shawn wrote:
maybe they are thinking about holding onto him for the rest of the year, and trading him. His value is basically crap, but even adding a 6th round pick or less is better than getting nothing for the guy they wasted the 8th pick on.

either way, cut or not cut. I think his time in Oakland is basically over.


I think that's the hope. His trade value is pretty much non-exsistant however.

Just need 1 team willing to take a chance.


Gosh, if this situation gets any worse, the Raiders may have to throw in a first-round pick just to have another team take Rollo off their hands.











That joke works in certain situations. This isn't one of them. Unlucky.


Oh, it's serious! A veritable nightmare, Nightmare! The market for slow-lethargic-unmotivated-unproductive-first-round-busts prone to violent off-field incidents and insubordinate to coaches just isn't there anymore. This may cost the Raiders more than Richard Seymour or Carson Palmer did. They'll have to up the ante- Belichick drives a hard bargain, you know.


Last edited by bzane on Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tom Shean


Joined: 10 Oct 2012
Posts: 4740
Location: Tha 703
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm convinced he has some sort of mental disability.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coors


Joined: 16 Jan 2008
Posts: 7745
Location: DC via ATL
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
I'm convinced he has some sort of mental disability.


I cant remember where I read something about exactly that.. and I'm pretty sure that he did find out that 'Rol has some issues. I also keep our Dalmatian away from the firehouse because I'm worried both of our dogs are too much "alpha male" type and I don't want them getting into it.. And lastly, IIRC, he said the same things about Frank George
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sandiegoraider1


Joined: 08 Nov 2008
Posts: 2114
Location: San Diego
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:
Tom Shean wrote:
I'm convinced he has some sort of mental disability.


I cant remember where I read something about exactly that.. and I'm pretty sure that he did find out that 'Rol has some issues. I also keep our Dalmatian away from the firehouse because I'm worried both of our dogs are too much "alpha male" type and I don't want them getting into it.. And lastly, IIRC, he said the same things about Frank George


??? wut?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spiritoftruth


Joined: 22 Nov 2006
Posts: 2165
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched the highlight reel of him as he was coming out of Alabama... he looks incredibly slow on there already, he's barely tracking down college level backs while being unblocked. It seems obvious to me that he wouldn't have the speed to cut it in the NFL, how did this guy ever get billed as a top prospect??
_________________

NextBigThing wrote:
I am a Patriots fan, I know all about excellence.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holyghost


Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 5754
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiritoftruth wrote:
Just watched the highlight reel of him as he was coming out of Alabama... he looks incredibly slow on there already, he's barely tracking down college level backs while being unblocked. It seems obvious to me that he wouldn't have the speed to cut it in the NFL, how did this guy ever get billed as a top prospect??


That's what happens when your scouting department works with pen and paper and sleeps till 3 PM.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TomRalph


Joined: 03 Apr 2009
Posts: 9845
Location: Revis Island
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[REMOVED]

- Please strive for a little more tact in the future. And putting in an "EDIT" doesn't fix it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
I Am Rodgers


Joined: 19 Jan 2009
Posts: 7125
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
removed.


You gotta be kidding me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
91jmay


Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 24153
Location: Wonderland
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"The tipping point was last week.Somebody asked him, 'Do you even care?' He said, 'I've got 4 million reasons not to care.'"


http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5712/rolando-mcclain

This guy is really hurting his stock around the league now.
_________________
THE MAD STORK wrote:

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group