Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Your favourite 2nd-late Round QB Prospects for the Jaguars.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I know is with the first pick Jarvis Jones better be a Jaguar next year.
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuvalsKing wrote:
All I know is with the first pick Jarvis Jones better be a Jaguar next year.

I AGREE HE IS THE QB WE NEED

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II

Nobody cares about Big Brother III...
Mr. V

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Mr. V wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
Mr. V wrote:

Not sure he would be a mid round prospect if he comes out, but I like me some David Fales, the San Jose State QB.

He'd be the first or second QB taken if he came out, but since he isn't, will be my #2 behind Teddy next year.

Really? I would think "competition" would cause him to fall. I hope he declares if that's the case.

Hes not, already said if the HC comes back, he is as well. And competition has nothing to do with it.

Ah okay. I know competition isn't a fair thing, but some people use it against him. I haven't watched him, just seen his stock is low on a lot of sites. His decision could change by January.

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way he considers leaving is if Head Coach MacIntyre leaves for a better job.

#JDI
DuvalsKing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see any quarterback in college football that can help us now or even in the future.
Tugboat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:

Ryan Aplin, Arkansas State seems like a good one who's under the radar.
This guy intrigues me:

The problem with him is he's obviously a project, and if we're looking for a guy that can compete for next year, he's no the guy.

But, best of all (And I don't think this player will be a mid rounder, but that's where he is currently projected):

Aplin does seem interesting. I honestly haven't watched a single Arkansas State game this year. Laughing So i don't know much of anything about him, but i've looked around a bit. And from what i've managed to dig up to watch him, he could be an interesting project for a team looking at a developmental backup type. But i don't really see much to suggest he has any real starter upside in the NFL. Hard to see where he'd fit here. The biggest thing is, how tall is he really? I see him listed at 6'1" on their site, but that looks extremely generous. Is he even going to actually be 6foot?

Glennon seems to be a popular one with a lot of people, but i'm not really seeing it. I mean, he's got some tools and good size, but he has some wonky mechanics among a host of other issues including some weird decisionmaking. Any QB in the 2nd round or later is going to have significant issues, but i don't see any particular element of his game that really jumps out and impresses me either. Just seems like a heck of a big project for a guy who could rise well into the 2nd round, if i'm not really convinced of the upside there.
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aplin is a better carbon copy version of Aaron Murray, both are 6'0 nothing but with big arms.

#JDI
Tugboat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Aplin is a better carbon copy version of Aaron Murray, both are 6'0 nothing but with big arms.

I kind of liked Aaron Murray early this year, but this season has really soured me on the guy. No real improvement with his flaws. One step forward, two steps back sort of thing. But it doesn't look as though he'll be coming out this year anyway?

So i can see Aplin being a better version of that 'undersized' QB mold, provided there's a lower proportion of those total numbskull moments at the worst times than with Murray.
Tugboat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad meets Evil wrote:
Ryan Nassib or bust.

Nassib is definitely near the top of my list for possibilities. He seems to have the attitude and mental tools to succeed in the NFL. And obviously the physical tools are there as well; big arm, great athleticism. Seems to have the charisma of a real leader on the field as well, which is big. Obviously needs refinement in a lot of areas, but it's not hard to see how he could be a quality NFL starter with the proper development and opportunity.

The other two guys i see as having that sort of significant starter upside are Zac Dysert and Landry Jones.

I know people will groan about Jones, but as say a 3rd round selection, i really like the potential. The guy has huge arm talent, can pick a defense apart at times, and has high profile big game type experience, where i think he's improved. I do understand why many here could be a bit gun-shy about a prospect with some occasional issues dealing with pressure after the Gabbert experience, but i think it's a bit overblown with Jones, and he doesn't show anything like Gabbert's hesitance to look downfield or rely on his arm to fit balls into tight windows. They're very different prospects to me. Would obviously benefit a lot from playing behind a great offensive line...but what QB wouldn't?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: