Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hall of Fame Semifinalists
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
Sapp should be a lock.

John Randle had to wait a few years. I think Sapp will too.
mse326

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:
Andre Reed and Michael Strahan are locks.. Larry Allen as well

Not over Cris Carter. Carter is a better receiver.

Look at the results for the last few years. Reed keeps going further in the voting. That indicates the electing body disagrees with you.

So whether you agree with it or not to say Reed won't get in over Carter is likely incorrect.

#JDI
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

Look at the results for the last few years. Reed keeps going further in the voting. That indicates the electing body disagrees with you.

So whether you agree with it or not to say Reed won't get in over Carter is likely incorrect.

I don't think Reed should get in at all.
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morten Andersen FTW

I hate the Jaguars
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

The only conclusion I can draw is that they are completely clueless. Carter's stats completely blow Reed out of the water and Reed doesnt have a ring to give him that advantage. Sure he went to several superbowls but does it really matter if you lose them all. Carter is a much superior player than Reed, I am baffled if the voters dont see it that way. I dont know what they could argue in favor of Reed.
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody answer me! Is Harrison eligible for next year? 2008 was his last season but he retired in 09.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allen, Ogden, and Strahan are gimmes. Will Shields, should get in on first ballot, but I'm guessing he waits a year or two.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
Somebody answer me! Is Harrison eligible for next year? 2008 was his last season but he retired in 09.
He'll be elgible for the 2014 HoF class.
coors

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm typing a for sure bigger analysis on this topic that I will post when I'm done, will be more im depth about the individual performances,

but my personal #1 guy for this entire list of finalists is Jonathan Ogden. Ogden is easily the best LT that I have been in my entire life, and the guy is simply a Goliath out there.. the dude is roughly 6'9 350lbs which, even though he plays offensive line and all the other offensive line guys are considered big dudes also.. but that is simply not the case when Barron is around.. he is a HUGEdude.. and I mean huge.. and now its gotta be time for me to start cruising slow, IMO it ends up looking better where what scene should have the 100% accurate

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the firsttimers go, my thought is that Michael Strahan is a lock, Warren Sapp should get in, Larry Allen should get in because IMO he's arguable one of the best to ever play his position and was dominant over his career. I'm not sure how they deal with kickers, if its solely based on numbers than my guess would be that Morten Andersen deserves to get in, I don't know the numbers off the type of my head for kickers but I thought that he was #1 in at least a couple different FG records and whatnot, so by that one could argue that he is one of the best kickers of all time, at least for the last generation and I guess you could say a "modern day" kicker. Now, for Jonathan Ogden.. my personal opinion would be absolutely yes. I am 21 years old, born in 1990, and Ogden was the best LT I have ever personally seen during my lifetime. Ogden was just technically sound, and was an absolute monster of a dude, if I remember correctly he was at least 6'8, maybe even 6'9, and weighed in at a tiny 350lb. The man played 12 seasons, and made the Pro Bowl in every year of his career except for his rookie campaign, while playing 9 different All-Pro seasons, has a championship ring, and done everything or won everything imaginable for a LT. For me, this is a guy that the Hall of Fame is all about.. Ogden was flat out the best offensive lineman I have ever seen play, and for me its hard to weigh in on the importance of someones position, but he could very well be the best NFL player I've seen in my 21 year, but like I said stacking him up against the all time greats at other positions is hard for me to value one position over another position. So, Big Og and the Hall of Fame.. I personally could not see any chance that this guy didn't make it on his first ballot, as a LT he should be a lock. Now, regarding John Lynch, Lynch was the hardest for me to decide if he will go this year. Lynch became one of my favorite players on the defensive side of the ball in the entire NFL as a kid, I just absolutely loved how he played with reckless abandon, his ability to just absolutely lay someone out, and his leadership on the field was crucial, I feel like what he meant to the Bucs or the Broncos, is currently what Troy Polamalu is to the Steelers today. I mean hell, he's also got himself a SuperBowl ring while playing a part of arguably one of the best defenses of all time. Lynch played 16 seasons, made 9 pro-bowl and 4 All-Pros, while playing every Sunday with 110% effort and a lot of times playing through injuries that other players would have sat out for. But... For some reason it seems like the majority of people out there that I have either listened to on the radio, seen of TV, and talked with in person.. for some reason there is virtually zero love for the guy and he absolutely never gets talked about.. and because of that I feel like John Lynch is a guy who people don't really respect for what he should be, his name never gets mentioned.. so a lot of the casual or not crazy people aren't thinking of Lynch at all.. he goes completely under the radar, maybe because of his position and never on very "big market" teams, so I think that the size of his popularity now is what treat cancer because he did

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
Sapp should be a lock.

John Randle had to wait a few years. I think Sapp will too.

I think you're right. Sapp's recent behavior of the last couple years isn't going to do him justice.
UofMfan909

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ballot would be:

Ogden (surefire lock)
Allen (not sure how he'll do, but he's a first ballot worthy guy)
Strahan (65/35)
Sapp (under 50% he gets in imo, they won't want too many first balloters)
Shields (should've been a first balloter, doubt he makes it though with two other legendary OL up for induction)

So four first year guys and a second year guy. That being said, there are SOOO many people I want to see get in. Kevin Greene and Aeneas Williams have been on my "ballot" the last couple of years. Coryell needs to get in eventually. On a personal level, I want to see Roger Craig get in because he was one of the first and best dual threat RBs of all time, and was a big part to the 49ers dynasty. Same with Debartolo. Haley and Atwater belong in the Hall... Parcells deserves to be in... and then you have the receiver logjam. Still can't believe Curtis Martin got in last year over all these guys..

oh, and I expect Art Modell to make it in since he died this year.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UofMfan909 wrote:
On a personal level, I want to see Roger Craig get in because he was one of the first and best dual threat RBs of all time, and was a big part to the 49ers dynasty.

Craig will never get in. He didn't put up the numbers rushing or receiving to merit induction.
UofMfan909

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
UofMfan909 wrote:
On a personal level, I want to see Roger Craig get in because he was one of the first and best dual threat RBs of all time, and was a big part to the 49ers dynasty.

Craig will never get in. He didn't put up the numbers rushing or receiving to merit induction.

I know, and there's no way I'd vote him in either. Just a guy I like a lot and hope he someday gets inducted. He has some argument to get in (first ever to rush and receive for 1000 yards in the same season, great playoff and especially Super Bowl stats, never missed the playoffs in his entire career, etc).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UofMfan909 wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
UofMfan909 wrote:

I know, and there's no way I'd vote him in either. Just a guy I like a lot and hope he someday gets inducted. He has some argument to get in (first ever to rush and receive for 1000 yards in the same season, great playoff and especially Super Bowl stats, never missed the playoffs in his entire career, etc).

Who knows...Curtis Martin got in so anything is possible.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: