Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Hall of Fame Semifinalists
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Badger75

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your 2013 NFL Hall of Fame Class

Warren Sapp
Karl Mecklenberg
Andre Reed
Dave Robinson
Jerome Bettis
Tim Brown
Steve Atwater
Morten Anderson

Boo hoo!
G

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be a management year with those who are 'attached' to the media IMO...

George Young
Bill Parcells
Michael Strahan
Jonathan Ogden
Art Modell
Cutler06

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Hall of Fame Semifinalists Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
blahblahblah wrote:
The Hall of Fame has released its list of 27 semifinalists. Among the first-time nominees are John Lynch, Morten Andersen, Warren Sapp, Jonathan Ogden, Michael Strahan and Larry Allen. The complete list is at

http://www.profootballhof.com/enshrinement/2012/11/30/2013-Semifinalists-for-Football-Hall-of-Fame/

Who do you think should get in? I think its a travesty that Don Coryell hasn't gotten in and that should definitely happen this year. I also think Charles Haley, Jonathan Ogden, Andre Reed, Will Shields, and Terrell Davis should all get in this year.

Davis didn't play long enough to warrant HOF induction.

Did Gayle Sayers ?? Yet he's a HOFer....

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
7DnBrnc53

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: Hall of Fame Semifinalists Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
blahblahblah wrote:
The Hall of Fame has released its list of 27 semifinalists. Among the first-time nominees are John Lynch, Morten Andersen, Warren Sapp, Jonathan Ogden, Michael Strahan and Larry Allen. The complete list is at

http://www.profootballhof.com/enshrinement/2012/11/30/2013-Semifinalists-for-Football-Hall-of-Fame/

Who do you think should get in? I think its a travesty that Don Coryell hasn't gotten in and that should definitely happen this year. I also think Charles Haley, Jonathan Ogden, Andre Reed, Will Shields, and Terrell Davis should all get in this year.

Earl Campbell really didn't play much longer than Davis, either, yet he's in the Hall as well.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: Hall of Fame Semifinalists Reply with quote

Cutler06 wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
blahblahblah wrote:

different era
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
Anyone really think John Lynch is going to get in the hall some day? I just don't see it.

I don't think he's getting in.
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger75 wrote:
Warren Sapp
Karl Mecklenberg
Andre Reed
Dave Robinson
Jerome Bettis
Tim Brown
Steve Atwater
Morten Anderson

Is this the list of guys that probably won't make it in? I honestly don't think any of these guys get in.

Morten Anderson: No way this class is soft enough for the 2nd full time kicker to get in.

Steve Atwater: His numbers just aren't very special, and with Lynch and A. Williams stealing votes for DB's, he's not going to get in. He's never been a finalist.

Tim Brown: IMO, he's the least deserving WR on the list. He's also been a finalist the least of the top 3 WR's looking to get in. I don't see him being moved ahead of Reed and Carter.

Jerome Bettis: Sadly, I can see Bettis getting in one day, I just don't think this is the year. The HoF has a bias for offensive players, Bettis was a big name even though his numbers weren't that great. He was good for the league. Of all the people on this list, he'd (sadly) be one of the top 2 guys I could see getting in.

Dave Robinson: Not gonna bother with the senior votes. I have no idea how they determine who gets in with these guys.

Andre Reed: The other guy I could see getting in, but my gut feeling is that Andre won't get it at all. With the WR's coming up in the next few years coupled with Cris Carter being a better option imo, I don't think he gets in this year. If he is going to get in at all, it will be this year, so like I said, I can see him getting in, I just don't think he will.

Karl Mecklenburg: He's been eligible for a while and hasn't even made the finals. No reason to believe he's going to be enshrined this year. Underrated for sure, and he has done great things since leaving football, but not gonna make it this year.

Warren Sapp: sure fired HoFer, but they will make him wait at least 1 year. I'd be shocked if he was a first ballot guy.
tom cody

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Strahan, Sapp, Brown, Allen, Reed, Ogden and Parcells make it in.
mse326

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at many of these lists I think it beehooves me to remind people that only 5 non veteran inductees a year is possible. Coaches and contributors are not veteran candidates so they count against the 5.

So for instance the post above me is not possible.

#JDI
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UofMfan909 wrote:
7DnBrnc53 wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
UofMfan909 wrote:
On a personal level, I want to see Roger Craig get in because he was one of the first and best dual threat RBs of all time, and was a big part to the 49ers dynasty.

Craig will never get in. He didn't put up the numbers rushing or receiving to merit induction.

I agree. In my opinion, TD is more worthy than Craig.

I'd vote TD in before I would've voted Martin in. TD is borderline, Martin & Craig are Hall of Very Good guys to me.

So four very good years outweighs a whole career of consistency and productivity? Davis does not belong in the Hall.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
Andre Reed and Michael Strahan are locks.. Larry Allen as well

We have different definitions of what lock means if you think that Andre Reed is considered one. If Reed somehow gets in before either Carter or Brown something is very wrong. Reed was my favorite Bills player during that time but he's not a lock to make it to the HOF.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
UofMfan909

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
UofMfan909 wrote:
7DnBrnc53 wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
UofMfan909 wrote:
On a personal level, I want to see Roger Craig get in because he was one of the first and best dual threat RBs of all time, and was a big part to the 49ers dynasty.

Craig will never get in. He didn't put up the numbers rushing or receiving to merit induction.

I agree. In my opinion, TD is more worthy than Craig.

I'd vote TD in before I would've voted Martin in. TD is borderline, Martin & Craig are Hall of Very Good guys to me.

So four very good years outweighs a whole career of consistency and productivity? Davis does not belong in the Hall.

Yep. TD's peak was an all time great one. Two time OPOY, one time MVP, Super Bowl MVP, a 2000 yard season on the ground, and most importantly he was the single biggest difference that helped push Elway over the edge to win his two Super Bowls.

Martin, like I said, is a Hall of Very Good player because he never really separated himself from the pack. TD had an amazing peak that makes him borderline... but not someone I'd be voting in for the forseeable future.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there really an explanation for Strahan NOT getting into the HOF?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redsoxsuck05 wrote:
Morten Anderson.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redsoxsuck05 wrote:

In general? No.
On first ballot? Yes

Part of that revolves around other eligibles and this first year class. I think Ogden and Allen both deserve it over Strahan, and I find it difficult to imagine them doing 3 1st ballot guys when there is such a backlog.

The other part is precedent. Doleman took a while to get in. Too long in my opinion. I'm not sure what would make Strahan that much better a candidate than him.

But there is no doubt he will be in the hall within the next 3 years.

#JDI

Last edited by mse326 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: