Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Shooting at Chiefs Facility
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is humbling how quickly things can be destroyed.

I am sure from the outside Belcher's life looked great and within an hour it is competely destroyed with the lives of others.

We don't have to accept or respect Belcher and what he did, but we don't have to hate him.
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terribly jarring experience for Crennel and Pioli, I can't even imagine having to witness that. Prayers for the players family having to deal with this and of course the GF's family and child.

Don't have a ton of sympathy for the player himself, what he did was despicable.

chauboy wrote:
Then there was 1 group of girls that were just standing against of wall, the group being hot, just texting. Just intimidating.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Quote:
@JasonLaCanfora
KCPD Officer Darin Snapp confirms GM Scott Pioli and Coach Romeo Crennel were outside team facility at the time Chiefs player killed himself

Quote:
@JasonLaCanfora
KCPD say the player thanked both men before taking his life, and that Pioli and Crennel did not feel threatened. KCPD not revealing identity

Shocked
...wow...
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
roger murdock

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if he has mental health problems, it still doesn't excuse murder, suicide, and leaving your baby boy an orphan. Lots of people have severe mental health problems and almost none of them do anything as evil as this.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
People really should not be making assumptions either way right now. As far as him being scum, I know a very high percentage (90%??) of suicides are linked to some kind of severe depression or mental illness, something most people can never dream of imagining.

We should just be taking this for what it is right now, a tragedy. For his girlfriend, for the baby, for her family, for his family, for the Chiefs, everyone affected by the tragedy, and even him. Until we know exactly what happened (or at least get a good idea), we shouldn't assume the worst.
I agree wholeheartedly. This is an incredible tragedy, but to pin judgement one way or the other this early before we know much information at all isn't really the way to go about it.

https://twitter.com/GeneFrenette/status/274916845935534080
Quote:
Tragedy with KC Chiefs a reminder that no matter how great we think players have it, some deal with terrible demons. Prayers to all impacted

- Best since day one -
It may not be easy, but we ain't riding no tire fire merry-go-round.
- Gus Bradley
UofMfan909

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
Get a life pal. And maybe a dictionary for christmas too so you can use some better adjectives next time to describe someone in a time like this.

I can see where you are coming from, but you need to understand that personal attacks are not allowed on the forum. Don't get yourself into trouble because you're angry.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoneWithTheWind wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
There should be a moment of silence for the girl friend and her family. The player should be ignored, he is scum.

Not that I'm defending him but a lot of times in cases of suicide-murders it's a pretty good bet that mental illness played a part in it and having dealt with serious depression myself I won't pass judgement and neither should anyone else until more facts come out. Now that being said I do agree there shouldn't be a moment of silence at the game he did take an innocent life.

The saddest part of the whole story is that he has a kid now who will grow up not knowing his/her parents at all. Thoughts and Condolences to all involved.

I understand that he could have a mental illness, but in cases of murder, I guess that doesnt change my opinion of the circumstances. He could have gotten help, maybe he did, but I dont think there are facts that could come out that would make me change my opinion of how I feel about murders and an individual who would leave his kid as an orphan without his biological parents. Unless his girl friend actually pulled a weapon on him and it was in self defense which doesnt seem to be the case given what we know.

Last edited by vikingsrule on Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
GoneWithTheWind

IDOG_det wrote:
Chiefer wrote:
Quote:
@JasonLaCanfora
KCPD Officer Darin Snapp confirms GM Scott Pioli and Coach Romeo Crennel were outside team facility at the time Chiefs player killed himself

Quote:
@JasonLaCanfora
KCPD say the player thanked both men before taking his life, and that Pioli and Crennel did not feel threatened. KCPD not revealing identity

Shocked
...wow...

Unbelievable. Honestly the more that comes out the more I think an undiagnosed illness played a part in it. Simply a terrible tragedy for all involved.

Shoutout to JTagg7754 on the sig!

"No! try not! Do or do not. There is no try.
tml_gogo

This is horrible..

I really don't know what to think about this.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
j-e-tsjetsjets wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
I've seen mental illness first hand for 22 years of my life. Jovan is far from scum [REMOVED].

Shouldn't we actually wait and find out if it was really a mental illness? Sane people commit heinous crimes all the time. Its entirely possible that he killed his girlfriend out of rage then killed himself because he didn't want to face the consequences. If that ends up being the case I obviously have no pity for him. But we will find out soon enough I'm sure.

Agreed completely. But the tone of this thread was mental illness so that's what i was discussing. If your scenario is true then things change. At this point to come out and say he's scum without knowing is being asinine.

I agree. Its unfair and premature at this point to call him 'scum' or anything else. With that being said, even if it does come out that he had a serious mental condition that caused this, I don't see anyway the Chiefs can 'honor' him in anyway whatsoever because he took another life.

I do think the Chiefs can focus on the issue of mental illness, instead of a jersey patch for Jovan maybe they can wear some sort of ribbon that brings attention to the problem of mental illness and use this tragedy to raise awareness
cpanthers178990

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
I really don't know what to think about this.

The same thing we all are thinking man, It's an unfortunate tragedy.
64 Pass TDs
2032 Rush Yards
28 Rush TDs
6 4Q/OT GW Drives
incognito_man

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta think this left a sort of lasting impression on Pioli and Crennel (among others of course). If anything good comes of this, you gotta think those 2 (maybe more) feel some sort of secondary responsibility for the baby now. Hopefully this means the kid will have some influential and well-to-do people looking after him/her.
gofrogs

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

j-e-tsjetsjets wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
j-e-tsjetsjets wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
I've seen mental illness first hand for 22 years of my life. Jovan is far from scum [REMOVED].

Shouldn't we actually wait and find out if it was really a mental illness? Sane people commit heinous crimes all the time. Its entirely possible that he killed his girlfriend out of rage then killed himself because he didn't want to face the consequences. If that ends up being the case I obviously have no pity for him. But we will find out soon enough I'm sure.

Agreed completely. But the tone of this thread was mental illness so that's what i was discussing. If your scenario is true then things change. At this point to come out and say he's scum without knowing is being asinine.

I agree. Its unfair and premature at this point to call him 'scum' or anything else. With that being said, even if it does come out that he had a serious mental condition that caused this, I don't see anyway the Chiefs can 'honor' him in anyway whatsoever because he took another life.

I do think the Chiefs can focus on the issue of mental illness, instead of a jersey patch for Jovan maybe they can wear some sort of ribbon that brings attention to the problem of mental illness and use this tragedy to raise awareness

Maybe they can wear something or have a moment of silence for the woman he murdered

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear people crack me up. We really don't know the facts and predetermining anything at this point is useless. The people saying how he obviously had mental issues and its said..... Would you say that if this happened at McDonalds and an employee killed his GF and himself there? I doubt it. Let the story unfold.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Who got that sack? Cameron Jordan? Jordan Cameron? Michael Jordan? Cam Cameron? IM SO CONFUSED!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: