Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Don't Know Why I Bother GDT: Chargers vs Bengals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zappaz wrote:
That offensive mastermind Norv is, scoring all over the place! 2 19yd FGs... ugh.

There's actually teams that want him. AZ, Dal, Bal. They all think he'd be their savior because he's had the "#1 offense".

Had the middle of the line done their job, Rivers would have had the chance to step up. Haslem is still doing better than Clary.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care who the GM is, they need to lockup Alexander on a good contract.

The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:

At this point, especially with his injury past, I get the feeling he'd take a deal that safeguarded the guaranteed money against injury as long as he got a good sized enough signing bonus to give him a nest egg.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Zappaz wrote:
That offensive mastermind Norv is, scoring all over the place! 2 19yd FGs... ugh.

There's actually teams that want him. AZ, Dal, Bal. They all think he'd be their savior because he's had the "#1 offense".

Had the middle of the line done their job, Rivers would have had the chance to step up. Haslem is still doing better than Clary.

Yeah, I have been hearing this from some fans as well. It is as if they haven't watched a Chargers game in 3-4 years.
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
MrDrew wrote:

At this point, especially with his injury past, I get the feeling he'd take a deal that safeguarded the guaranteed money against injury as long as he got a good sized enough signing bonus to give him a nest egg.

That's why I said good, and not big. It needs to be enough to make him happy, but not so much it hurts the team if his legs give out again.

Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So glad they changed over just in time for me to see Rivers throw the pick. I hope KC and Oak start winning some games.

Last edited by Boltstrikes on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
So glad they changed over just in time for me to see Rivers throw the pick.

Think that's bad? I'm paying $300 to make sure I get to see every game this season. I've seen everything.

Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

Think that's bad? I'm paying $300 to make sure I get to see every game this season. I've seen everything.

Without some major changes in the offseason, I will cancel my season tickets and hopefully find a version of NFL Sunday ticket to see the Aztecs play instead.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

Without some major changes in the offseason, I will cancel my season tickets and hopefully find a version of NFL Sunday ticket to see the Aztecs play instead.

Did you see how emptyThe Murph was today? They're gonna lose a lot of season ticket holders.

I'd hang onto the if I were you. The LA stadium will be a straight shot North on the 5 from you in a couple of years.

The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... um... we're about to get done dirty with a jagged telephone pole.

Quote:
According to Michael Gehlken of U-T San Diego, Chargers coach Norv Turner said Monday that he doesn’t expect left tackle Michael Harris (ankle) or right tackle Jeromey Clary (knee) or left guard Tyronne Green (hamstring) to be available Sunday against the Steelers.

Haslam is now our only healthy tackle on the roster Which means that either we see the return of Mario Henderson or we start playing guards at tackle. Either way, Woodley and Harrison are going to feast on Rivers.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:

Quote:
According to Michael Gehlken of U-T San Diego, Chargers coach Norv Turner said Monday that he doesn’t expect left tackle Michael Harris (ankle) or right tackle Jeromey Clary (knee) or left guard Tyronne Green (hamstring) to be available Sunday against the Steelers.

Haslam is now our only healthy tackle on the roster Which means that either we see the return of Mario Henderson or we start playing guards at tackle. Either way, Woodley and Harrison are going to feast on Rivers.

Well..... Green was the guard that has some time at OT. Vasquez at RT? Not sure They'll bring back Henderson after the preseason showing he had. Steve Shilling is a possibility. Charlie Bryant spent a lot of time on the PS. Anthony Davis looked decent in the preseason.

Is there anybody that got cut recently that would be worth anything? It's not like they have to be great to fill in for Harris.

JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP Philip Rivers.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After looking around a few team's PS, Troy Kropog might not be a horrible move. He was on the Titans active roster until earlier this year, and now he's sitting on the Vikes PS.

It's gonna be bad no matter what they do.

The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
The LBC wrote:

Quote:

Well..... Green was the guard that has some time at OT. Vasquez at RT? Not sure They'll bring back Henderson after the preseason showing he had. Steve Shilling is a possibility. Charlie Bryant spent a lot of time on the PS. Anthony Davis looked decent in the preseason.

Is there anybody that got cut recently that would be worth anything? It's not like they have to be great to fill in for Harris.

The Free Agent pool is flat out depressing. Like... Alex Barron depressing.

I would guess one of Charlie Bryant or Kevin Hughes gets promoted from the PS. Molk will probably start at LG (Oh joy!). We might see Colin Baxter brought back in. Maybe Anthony Davis?

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
After looking around a few team's PS, Troy Kropog might not be a horrible move. He was on the Titans active roster until earlier this year, and now he's sitting on the Vikes PS.

It's gonna be bad no matter what they do.

The only problem I see is that we (and by that I mean our coaches and FO) have no tape on most of these PS guys aside from the preseason when they were playing against other PS/waiver-fodder guys, and obviously not doing so well enough to merit selection to a final roster. So if push comes to shove, our guys are probably more likely to re-sign guys we formerly had in camp/preseason and/or promote guys on our own PS than go out signing from other teams' PS's, as it's not like we've had plants in their practices to monitor how those guys have developed since August/September.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: